You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vienna - 10th September 2013 - General Thread
    Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:35pm
Vienna was pretty nice and the buildings were very impressive.It still isn't a patch on Budapest which has spectacular views of the city from the castle and palace.cheaper city with direct ryanair flights too.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by Stretchryan Stretchryan wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Loved the spot apart from missing flight back to lux.

Locals were class - as like most trips never went to an Irish bar just local places all the way and had some craic. Slammers bar some spot for locals but at my age charm aint even working anymore.

SOS and Q on Monday night which lead to all day champers on Tuesday before the game then to Kactus club where we drank for free for night thanks to a few bouncers we meet the previous night - hence the missed flight but was some serious craic even for a tuesday.

Hope they make the playoffs now

Vaguely remember chatting to you in the airport at the spar shop

Remember that alright - was it your 3rd time in the airport.

Luxair stung me for 900 as was flying to Tenerife the next day - which i almost missed too.

As it was you two chatting perhaps it would have been more appropriate if the shop was a "Spa" shop

Ahyeah i see what you did there SH, well done
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:29pm

Locals were class - as like most trips never went to an Irish bar just local places all the way and had some craic. Slammers bar some spot for locals but at my age charm aint even working anymore.

SOS and Q on Monday night which lead to all day champers on Tuesday before the game then to Kactus club where we drank for free for night thanks to a few bouncers we meet the previous night - hence the missed flight but was some serious craic even for a tuesday.

Luxair stung me for 900 as was flying to Tenerife the next day - which i almost missed too.

As it was you two chatting perhaps it would have been more appropriate if the shop was a "Spa" shop
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 1:23pm

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 12:56pm

Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2013 at 12:06pm

Edited by Stretchryan - 20 Sep 2013 at 12:07pm
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 11:19pm
Stunningly beautiful city,clean and efficient. It was midweek,they knew you where in town Bob ....
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I was utterly underwhelmed by Vienna, granted it was a very short trip, so I wouldn't base the city on on this short experience.

It's like walking in a museum the city is clean and beautiful..but where were the people it was very quiet. Seemed to lack character.

Shocked would go back in a shot
As we would , Bob what a miserable fooker you areLOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 9:15pm

I was utterly underwhelmed by Vienna, granted it was a very short trip, so I wouldn't base the city on on this short experience.

It's like walking in a museum the city is clean and beautiful..but where were the people it was very quiet. Seemed to lack character.

Shocked would go back in a shot
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 12:05am
You didn't make it to the beer gardens on Tuesday then. Beautiful city that I would return to, Dublin isn't too lively on a Monday/Tuesday night and Vienna was far better value than the lunatic prices for food and drink in Dublin on the Fri/Sat a complete ripoff.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:28pm

Clap
AKA pedantic kunt
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 11:24pm

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 5:08pm
Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 10:14pm
Lovely City Vienna very friendly people, good beer and the park beside the ground was lovely, nice to sit out in with a few pre match cans.

The Gasthaus pub across from the Wien Pratersten(think that's correct spelling) train station was a good buzz friendly locals in it.

Amazing to see Father's and Son's cycling home together after the match; we walked with Austrians through the park to the match and back again very friendly people not one bit of animosity just good banter.

Just like Polska a lovely place just a pity about the Football.Cry

liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

pro bashar al assad march going past the pub was fairly odd, some amount of booing they took once people copped what it was

Some poor f**ker spent most of Wednesday gettin lifted clean out of it I'd say, the cops looked far from impressed that they were being herded past us
ViennaFritz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViennaFritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 9:53pm
Some just had the problem that their passengers were no longer able to tell in which hotel they stayed, or they showed them the key-card which only tells the hotel-chain but not which of their 12 hotels in Vienna ... :-) 
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Taxi drivers we got were all bang on and good craic.
Lost the phone in one on way back to charlies from fans match but when we rang it he met me outside charlies with it 30 mins laterClap
Another one kept asking questions about bobby sandsLOL
And one kept showing us pictures of his wife topless on a recent holiday (she was in her 50s and they were around her knees but funny all the same)
Austrian taxi drivers.......a great bunch of lads

agreed there left my passport in taxi
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:59pm
Taxi drivers we got were all bang on and good craic.
Lost the phone in one on way back to charlies from fans match but when we rang it he met me outside charlies with it 30 mins laterClap
Another one kept asking questions about bobby sandsLOL
And one kept showing us pictures of his wife topless on a recent holiday (she was in her 50s and they were around her knees but funny all the same)
Austrian taxi drivers.......a great bunch of lads
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
  Share Topic