You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cologne - 11th October 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cologne - 11th October 2013 - General Thread
    Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 2:57pm
Great city, headed there on the way to Mainz for the game against Georgia. Great brewery there too. 
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:01pm
Great venue , plenty squares for us !
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Great venue , plenty squares for us !

The area outside The Corkonian  would be ideal .Pedestrian street/square and all the pubs have outside seating.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:10pm

Would be ideal - I imagine there will prob be some sort of fan event in Neumarkt also.

RonnieB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:17pm
Oh christ ( I was born there - half german ;) ) will be awkward with the relatives!

*packs marker to write

Scheiß FC-Köln*

Edited by RonnieB - 02 Dec 2011 at 3:24pm
Not Metal Paul
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:21pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:22pm
Great news! About a 2hr drive for us from here (with a bit of speeding on the Autobahn) so easy trip and an absolutely great city too! Happy days
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:42pm
stebve -  schaje magik je foto?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:45pm
Ronnie,
 save on ink

Scheiß FCB"

RonnieB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Ronnie,
 save on ink

Scheiß FCB"

Big smile
Not Metal Paul
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 4:16pm
Allianz got the game before (austria), would have loved to seen that but this seems perfect the more i look into it

edit - only 41,00 seats though - could be trouble there, is it 5% or 10%?

Edited by nvidic - 02 Dec 2011 at 4:17pm
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 2:41am
you have a few bevvies before you typed that Tom? 'Schatje mag ik je foto'! I'll bring a cd with some of those classics for ya to Polkraine!Know you love 'Dr staat een paard in de gang!'
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:11am
Are many Swedes expected to travel to support their team in their qualifier away to Germany?  It's been scheduled for Berlin on the 16th of October next year.  I realise they are the second seeds in the group, but you'd think our match would have been at the Olympiastadion instead given the numbers for travelling support expected.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:25am

German efficiency how are you.  Brilliant.

Fabulous city stayed there before the Dutch game at Euro88.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:50am
only the Germans, happy days work with a lad from here and he's forever tellin me how great the place is. Will have to see for myself.
sub of the day View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sub of the day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:54am

Snap gspain.....happy days.We went to the Denmark  V Italy game, which was on in Koln, but its a different stadium now, much better imo, no running track, real football ground.Spent a few hours in an emergency room too, thanks to an Ingerland bottle....sin sceal eile!

ED
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 3:56am
Great news, thats me sortd and wil b heading to koln
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:27am
Another 10,000 for this LOL. With the majority not going to Kazach or the Faroes, it will be the first away game for a lot of people since Euros, over a full year later. Demand will be mental

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 41>
  Share Topic