You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cologne - 11th October 2013 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 4:54am

the cathedral steps is a great drinking spot
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:14am
Originally posted by sub of the day sub of the day wrote:

Snap gspain.....happy days.We went to the Denmark  V Italy game, which was on in Koln, but its a different stadium now, much better imo, no running track, real football ground.Spent a few hours in an emergency room too, thanks to an Ingerland bottle....sin sceal eile!

Was in the Danish end that night.  Great stadium then even but raised to the ground since.  Haven't been in the new one.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:21am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Another 10,000 for this LOL. With the majority not going to Kazach or the Faroes, it will be the first away game for a lot of people since Euros, over a full year later. Demand will be mental  

sweden austria before that Minty
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:22am
back to where it all began.massive Irish crowd there in 1988 accom soret with lads we met then., brilliant city the dogs bollox lads get in there.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Another 10,000 for this LOL. With the majority not going to Kazach or the Faroes, it will be the first away game for a lot of people since Euros, over a full year later. Demand will be mental  

sweden austria before that Minty

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed
 Mucho apolagetico..........

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2011 at 5:43am

Unless we are in a 2 speed euro, and us with our mini euros can't afford to buy a drink in the lad of giant euros.  :)
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:22am
Ah back to my 2nd home in Germany i lived there for 12yrs Heart and its a great City,  new stadium is 1000 times better than  the old one (apart from the team that play in it )loads of watering holes 3 friends of mine have pubs there (Corkonian Altermarkt ,Charlies Kleine Büdengasse ,Jameson Friesenstrasse also have a mate of mine who has a Hotel im sure hed be DELIGHTED to put us all up Nuke as its a long way away think we should put this to bed for a while and look after POLKRAINE  first and when the time comes around feel free to PM me .
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:41am
Went on my school tour to Koln 8 years ago!Hope to go slightly more crazy this time!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 10:51am
hummmmmm was there about 26 years ago , I wonder what has changed since ?? 
To be honest I remember the first time I bought German black bread was there and they sold it by weight , never forgot the taste and loved it ever since .......
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

hummmmmm was there about 26 years ago , I wonder what has changed since ?? 
To be honest I remember the first time I bought German black bread was there and they sold it by weight , never forgot the taste and loved it ever since .......
Pumpernickel Thumbs Down
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:02pm
St Pauli - What years were in Koeln ? Just mentioning all the places I used to drink !
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

St Pauli - What years were in Koeln ? Just mentioning all the places I used to drink !
93 -2005 Best years of me life and i was also based there for Euro 88 and didnt see a lot of the place LOL Blamed it on the Kölsch !
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 12:43pm
Was there in summer 97 and Summer 98 ! Was briefly there in July, stopped in for a pint with Charlie !
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:15pm
Is this anywhere near the Octoberfest?
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:18pm

Was there in summer 97 and Summer 98 ! Was briefly there in July, stopped in for a pint with Charlie !
Ah Charlie good mate of mine hes looking for xtra Barstaff already LOL Es kütt wie es kütt Wink Mir losse der Dom in Kölle Wink Hows ure Kölsch ?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by St.Pauli Reloaded 2 St.Pauli Reloaded 2 wrote:

Ah Charlie good mate of mine hes looking for xtra Barstaff already LOL Es kütt wie es kütt Wink Mir losse der Dom in Kölle Wink Hows ure Kölsch ?
Saw that on facebook ! Once did a shift for Donie Mc in Paddy Murphys but don't think that qualifies !
Kolsch is rusty to say the least !
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:23pm
Why is it not in Cologne?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

the cathedral steps is a great drinking spot
Are they the steps where the english fans went nuts throwing chairs in 2006?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 41>
  Share Topic