FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RICHARD DUNNE JERSEY V RUSSIA-RAFFLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RICHARD DUNNE JERSEY V RUSSIA-RAFFLE
    Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 3:43pm
I've forgotten what event he was doing, was it the marathon des sables? That's some serious sh*t, and a good result for him. Fair play Clap
Sponsored Links

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 1:59pm
serious achievement in fairness  ClapClapClapClapClapClap
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2013 at 12:38pm
A huge fair play to Dave who not only completed the event but also i believe finished a very respectable 166 out of over a 1000 entrants.Just to even finish the race is a huge achievement and is the result of over 2 years of training.Dave is well on his way to reaching his target of raising 10,000 euro for www.jackandjill.ie Clap
Again a huge thank you to all who supported the raffle and i believe the winner has the shirt in his possession so thanks very much to everyone.Hug

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:55pm
Last name RIORDAN

First name

David
Number 814
General position 163
Old 39
Nationality IRL
Country of residence IRL- IRLANDE
Gender H
General
32H47'25 13H47'50 6.83
Etape 5
6H00'35 2H41'59 6.99
Etape 4
11H50'40 4H55'53 6.42
Etape 3
5H05'30 2H05'13 7.46
Etape 2
5H01'06 2H22'18 6.18
Etape 1
4H49'31 1H58'35 7.67
Good man Dave-nearly thereThumbs Up

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 3:09pm

If you log onto

www.darbaroud.com

and enter the competitor number    814     you can check Daves progress so far.

He is averaging 7.5 hours every day so far for a full marathon in the sahara desert from what i can make out and is halfway thru his challenge.

You can still donate to www.mycharity/event/davesrace by logging on to the site for the duration of the event.All proceeds are going to www.jackandjill.ie Min donation is €2 euro and all support welcome.Thumbs Up

houghton88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Originally posted by houghton88 houghton88 wrote:

yahoo!!!!!!!!!!! Im delighted. Thanks Eddie.

Good man Houghton, happy days ClapClapClap

Cheers although now people know Im not really Ray Houghton.
To alcohol!!!! The cause of and solution to all lifes problems.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:41pm

Good man Houghton, happy days ClapClapClap
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by Trap for Pope Trap for Pope wrote:

Well I never, you're going on my list of enemies Niall Sheridan........

Well your note my favourite person at the moment either Mr. Trap.

Only joking, look what I really wrote down: 'I love Niall' .

Living for Away days
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:24pm

Well your note my favourite person at the moment either Mr. Trap.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote houghton88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:56pm
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:16pm

Don't be bitter Trap....You should follow my philosophy......"Never Give Expecting To Receive"
....that way I never get upset when it is ALWAYS some other less deserving b*stard who wins
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:58pm
Living for Away days
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 4:52pm
Wednesday 3rd April 2013.

Tony O Donoghue from RTE very kindly carried out the draw for us this afternoon in Weir and Sons Jewellers in Grafton Street in Dublin.Pictures of the draw will be posted on my twitter account @irelandsocshirt later.My sincere thanks to Tony for giveing of his time to support our draw.A real friend of Irish football-thanks again Tony.

The winning ticket was no 84 for MR NIALL SHERIDAN

Congrats Niall and i will be in touch with you asap to arrange collection/delievery of your prize!

I will be leaving the sponsor page open until David finishes the race so if you would like to support him with a donation please feel free.ANY AMOUNT WELCOME.Its a wonderful cause.

Finally a HUGE AND HEARTFELT THANK YOU to EVERYONE who entered the draw.We really appreciate your support.We raised 1220 euro for Dave and The Jack and Jill Foundation.I think the only fitting words to end this draw are from Dave...

Hi all,

As some of you know tomorrow I fly out to Morocco to take part in the 28th Marathon des Sables.

On Sunday the 7th at 8am along with 800 other competitors I will begin running a race of 250k in distance across a piece of the Sahara Desert.

The event is split into six stages over 7 days. with one of the days (Wed 10th) being a double marathon (52 miles/82km). Provided we navigate the course in time, we get the next day (Thurs 11th) as a rest day. We don’t quite know the routes/distances/terrain until we’re on the back of the truck heading out for night 1 in the desert...so it’s me, map, compass and bearing in mind I can get confused finding my way across O’Connell bridge ..

The last day is the ‘sprint day’ 16kms (10 miles) so people put the foot down, forgetting that it’s usually the day that we face into the tallest sand dunes in Morocco.

The Max temperature expected during the day is 50c (it hit 56 last year...I fall asleep at 18c..:) .) with night-time temps dipping as low as 0c.

The event is self-supporting meaning that for the duration of the event we must carry everything we need for the week in our backpack. The only exception is water; a rationed amount will be provided by the event organisers. Otherwise all clothing, sleeping gear, food and cooking equipment etc is carried by each competitor

So whilst we’ll probably be burning in the region of 6000 kcals a day, we’ll probably only consume around 2,200-2,500; much in liquid format. And I don’t mean pints.

For those interested there is a snippet of the event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy7LVotUaEM

There is a website on which you can follow my ‘progress’ through the event (or find me as the case may be) address for this is www.darbaroud.com

Each day, the organisers list the day’s results with times and positions. Messages can be sent to us on this site from 7 April until 12 April. In order to send a message, you will need to go to www.darbaroud.com web site and under the special heading “ecrire aux concurrents” (write to competitors) fill in a message form which will require your surname, first name and ID number My number is 814.

You must ONLY send text messages and NOT attachments or pictures. Messages are printed and distributed each evening for all competitors and there is no charge for receiving messages.
I will hopefully be able to send 1 email a day so I’ll send it to Ruth and she will update facebook or email around.

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/davevdesert

2 years in the making – all I have to do now is complete the miles J

Thanks for all of your support in the various J&J events along the way and a massive Thanks to Edelle in Jack & Jill, and to my very supportive, patient wife Ruth & kids Jack & Tom.

Kind regards

Dave

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:37pm
Embarrassed I'll put my massive hangover as a reason for the sarcasm detector not working properly today.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Eddie can you please clarify when the draw closes? Im after reading through the thread and its not clear.
Look at the comment above you

Jasus LOLEmbarrassed
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 7:10pm

Eddie can you please clarify when the draw closes? Im after reading through the thread and its not clear.

Jesus Sean get your sarcasm detector looked at Embarrassed

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 6:17pm

Jesus Sean get your sarcasm detector looked at Embarrassed
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2013 at 6:11pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic