You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shootings in General

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:17pm
Ma grew up around the corner from there.
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:23pm
Had a few pints in there one Sunday .seemed an alright spot ,been in worse spots.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Could ya imagine your reaction if someone got assasinated in front of ya in a pub. I'd just freeze and guard my bacon fries with dear life.

Anyone know anyone that seen anything like this before? Id it happens pretty quick and they're gone before ya know it

Lad I work with was sitting about 10 yards from The Don in the Fassaugh House when he was whacked.  He dived for cover and took a couple of weeks off work after it dawned on him that he coulda got hit himself so it did affect him for a short time but he's grand now.  He wasn't at last night's hit anyhow.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Had a few pints in there one Sunday .seemed an alright spot ,been in worse spots.

I remember drinking in a rough spot in roscommon with two dodgy fcukers after the connaught final last year. Had to keep the three eyes on my wallet

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Could ya imagine your reaction if someone got assasinated in front of ya in a pub. I'd just freeze and guard my bacon fries with dear life.

Anyone know anyone that seen anything like this before? Id it happens pretty quick and they're gone before ya know it

Lad I work with was sitting about 10 yards from The Don in the Fassaugh House when he was whacked.  He dived for cover and took a couple of weeks off work after it dawned on him that he coulda got hit himself so it did affect him for a short time but he's grand now.  He wasn't at last night's hit anyhow.

fcukin hell    . Jesus you'd never forget something like that. That place where the don was shot, was it a rough pub or respectable place?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Any word on who it was yet?
Bump......anybody hear anything on the grapevine
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:39pm

The victim was out of jail not too long ago after serving only half of his 3 year sentence for battering a bean Garda. An attack that didnt stop until an armed officer showed up. How the fcuk is he allowed out early, dont mind the lean sentence seen hes been in jail more than not in the past 10 years. GBH on a serving officer should be minimum 6 years IMO. Viciousness of this attack should have meant double that.

on the bright side at least its one less **** that can milk the taxpayer of €70k a year behind bars
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 1:52pm
Passed there earlier on today and there's a lot of lads walking around looking lost as they are barred from every other pub in the area.

I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:04pm

fcukin hell    . Jesus you'd never forget something like that. That place where the don was shot, was it a rough pub or respectable place?

I'm not from around Cabra so I dunno if there are respectable places at all given it's Bohs territory.......Big smile
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:04pm

Fella named Paul Cullen lads, well known to the Gardai.

Edited by FREEWHEELER - 04 Mar 2013 at 2:04pm
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:12pm

Fella named Paul Cullen lads, well known to the Gardai.

Think Sham means who did the shooting!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I remember drinking in a rough spot in roscommon with two dodgy fcukers after the connaught final last year. Had to keep the three eyes on my wallet

your lucky justice had your back that day.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 2:49pm
Now been confirmed in the media...
Originally posted by The Star The Star wrote:

Drug dealer Paul Cullen shot dead in gang hit

Gardai were last night hunting two gunmen after a convicted criminal was blasted to death as he enjoyed a pint.

Paul Cullen (25) — who had only recently been released from jail after serving time for drugs offences and for brutally assaulting an unarmed garda — was gunned down as he drank in the Cabra House pub in north Dublin just after 7pm.

Detectives believe he was killed by former associates of slain crime boss Eamonn Dunne.

And an underworld source last night claimed that Cullen may have been killed “because he tried to muscle in on his old patch after his release before Christmas.”

It is known that he’d previously been warned by officers that his life was in grave danger.

“He was a dangerous criminal and would have had a lot of enemies,” one source revealed.

Dad-of-one Cullen was shot several times when he was attacked by two masked gunmen at 7.10pm at the pub on Fassaugh Avenue in Cabra — close to his own home.

Punters dived for cover as the two gunmen carried out the assassination before escaping on a motorbike.

Sources say that Cullen had entered the pub just minutes before he was shot in a hail of bullets — at least six times.

Cullen is believed to have been released from prison last November after serving a six year term for drugs offences and an extra 18 months for assaulting a garda.

Cullen, then 21, and his cousin Carl Cullen, then 20, of Dingle Rd, Cabra, pleaded guilty to assaulting Garda Amanda Lynch on November 30, 2007.

Paul Cullen also pleaded guilty to taking possession of an official Garda weapon, and Carl also pleaded guilty to assaulting student Garda Zhihao Weng on the same date.

The Central Criminal Court heard that the gardai were attempting to arrest a youth on Fassaugh Avenue when the Cullens approached.

Paul took Gda Lynch’s official weapon, an extendable baton, hitting her until she fell down, and kicked her in the stomach.

His cousin Carl then assaulted student Garda Weng.

Paul Cullen was then jailed in February 2008 for six years after he admitted possessing €56,000 worth of cannabis resin.

He said he agreed to mind the drugs after he received a bullet in the post — and said the attack on the gardai happened when he was under stress from the drugs charge.

His original sentence....
Originally posted by Herald.ie Herald.ie wrote:

TWO Dublin cousins, whose attack on gardai arresting another youth left a female garda suffering chronic back pain, have been given consecutive custodial sentences.

Carl Cullen (20), of Dingle Road, Cabra, was also sentenced for assaulting another garda who was trying to arrest him, for assaulting a man after a party, and for a number of road traffic offences three years ago.

Paul Cullen (21), of Fassaugh Avenue, also Cabra, is serving a six-year sentence imposed in February for storing almost €56,000 of cannabis resin to clear drug debts as he was in fear of his life after receiving a bullet in the post.

Carl and Paul Cullen pleaded guilty to assaulting Garda Amanda Lynch on November 30, 2007. Paul also pleaded guilty to taking possession of an official garda weapon, and Carl also pleaded guilty to assaulting student Garda Zhihao Weng and to possession of a knuckle duster on the same date.

Carl further pleaded guilty to assaulting Garda Eamon Ryan on April 10, 2008, and assaulting Joseph Kavanagh on August 26, 2007. He also pleaded guilty to unauthorised taking of a motor vehicle, dangerous driving and driving without insurance or a licence.

Sentence

Judge Katherine Delahunt imposed a three-year sentence with the final 18 months suspended on Paul Cullen, consecutive to the six-year sentence he began earlier this year for the drugs offence.

Judge Delahunt imposed consecutive sentences totalling six years on Carl Cullen, with the final year suspended. Cullen was on bail for a previous assault at the time of the assault on Gda Lynch.

Detective Sergeant Fergal O'Flaherty told Pieter Le Viert, prosecuting, that Paul Cullen took Gda Lynch's weapon and kicked her in the stomach while Carl hit her on the head as she was attempting to arrest another youth. Student Gda Weng was kicked and punched by Carl until reinforcements arrived.

Det Gda O'Flaherty said when he arrived he drew his firearm and told Paul to drop the weapon. He lowered the baton and a struggle ensued. Carl ran over to help his cousin and tried to grab a baton but was restrained. Both Cullens were arrested and expressed remorse for the incident when interviewed.

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 3:04pm
Well nobody is gonna Live Forever, hes resting Up in The Sky now. I hope his fellow gang members Don't Look Back in Anger and just let this hit Slide Away. I'd say your man who shot him is Half the Word Away. I dunno ya can't even go down the pub for some Cigarettes and Alcohol these days without being shot, Where Did it All Go Wrong? I suppose at the end of the day ya just gotta Roll With it and remember that we're all part of The Masterplan.

sorry for turning this into an awful pun thread
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 4:16pm
What a scumbag. No sympathy for him whatsoever. 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 4:46pm
Rough spot that Oasis..have heard many a story over the past 10 years
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Black Knee Stevie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Knee Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 5:34pm

My sister lived in Cabra for years. I always found it very quiet, safe area (though her car was stolen outside her front door). Would there be a few rough parts in it?

Seen the pub on google street view. It looks like the black hole of calcutta from the outside. hardly any windows and a few salty looking dudes eyeing up the google car as it passes outside

Is this where the term black hole came from then?
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2013 at 5:59pm
Never nice hearing about these kind of attacks/murders but the lad sounded like an absolute scumbag, beating the sh*te out of a bean Garda or any woman for that matter is a dirty act so IMO it's one less scumbag off the streets.

Edited by El_nino - 04 Mar 2013 at 6:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic