You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Elliot Goalkeeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 10:55pm
Right. But when he's replaced first day of the next season and he's injury free by a worse keeper, not a better one in Sels, is that not a hint that he should move? 

GD's suggesting he was more than happy for that to happen, I'm not gonna comment on that because I haven't a f**king clue but it's utterly bizarre that he didn't force the move.
Sponsored Links

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:14pm
From a selfish Irish POV, of course I'd prefer if he'd gone and played regularly. However, I don't have to live Elliot's life and neither do you, so I'm not sure why you'd get so worked up over his life decisions? He did what he felt was best for himself and his family, I don't see how any of us are in a position to argue with that.
We're decent enough..
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:20pm
Would be surprised if he played for us again 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Right. But when he's replaced first day of the next season and he's injury free by a worse keeper, not a better one in Sels, is that not a hint that he should move? 

GD's suggesting he was more than happy for that to happen, I'm not gonna comment on that because I haven't a f**king clue but it's utterly bizarre that he didn't force the move.

He was injured at the start of the championship season in fact he got injured against Sunderland the season beforehand I believe he ruptured his thigh, an injury which kept him out for months and actually affected him for the next few years.

As soon as he was fit he was back in the team, he then stayed there until he had an absolute nightmare and Darlow went ahead of him. 

Edited by lassassinblanc - 25 Jun 2020 at 11:36pm
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 7:54pm
dundalk should try to sign someone like this guy for a couple of months, they desperately need it
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 12:44am
Training with Charlton.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 9:31am
he has one job and that is to provide for his family as best he can.  
If he thinks staying on a bigger contract but not playing was better for his family than seeking first team football elsewhere on less money who are any of us to question that. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 9:19pm
His appearance for Watford against Stoke in the League Cup a few weeks ago was his first game since he played for Newcastle in December 2017.

Probably the longest gap between games for an Irish footballer.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

His appearance for Watford against Stoke in the League Cup a few weeks ago was his first game since he played for Newcastle in December 2017.

pretty solid gig for him at watford there. he is pretty funny on the ben foster youtube channel
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 3:27pm
Robs an absolute gent, met him in Newcastle a few years back. Shame how his career panned out. Was a top keeper only for injuries. Good to see he has a handy number at Watford. Seems to suit him with his age/injury record as well as having a young family he gets to be around that bit more.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2022 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

This also turned out to be his only appearance for Watford and probably the last one of his career. Watford let him go last week and he is expected to retire from football.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2022 at 3:29pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
  Share Topic