You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rob Elliot Goalkeeper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 8:44am
I think Henderson and Randolph both have potential. I could see the latter getting a move soon, he is the number 1 for the number 2 team in the SPL at the minute Wink . I think Westwood is wildly underrated though, definitely a top tier goalkeeper.
Sponsored Links

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 11:13am
The keeper situation is a worry but i personally feel Randolph deserves a start as he's playing regularly and has a good chance of staking a permanent claim.  The rumour in Scotland is he is going to Celtic as Forester is leaving in the summer.  If he can play Champions League football it would be a serious boost to him. 

Westwood for me is a great keeper but unfortunately when he was a free he choose Sunderland over Celtic as Lennon wanted him but Sunderland paid bigger wages.  When you look at the seasons Forester has had and exposure as an Irishman it always bugs me that it could have been Westwood.  Lennon tried to sign him when he was in the final year of his contract but Bothroyd wouldn't sell him which is why he took Forester for a 2nd year on loan as he'd hoped Westwood would come for free.  I'd still love to see him at Celtic but Randolph will be a cheaper, safer option and maybe a better keeper seeing as he's played regularly in recent years. 

I don't see Elliott or Bunn getting a game as they're essentially back up keepers not fighting for the jersey.  Elliott and randolph were at Charlton together by the way! 
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Isn't up to it to be honest. Got a worldy of a move to Newcastle from Charlton but that was strictly as a backup. No chance he will ever challenge Krul. 

If Westwood is out of the picture, we are seriously struggling in the goalkeeping department
Embarrassed

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Isn't up to it to be honest. Got a worldy of a move to Newcastle from Charlton but that was strictly as a backup. No chance he will ever challenge Krul. 

If Westwood is out of the picture, we are seriously struggling in the goalkeeping department
Embarrassed

Its what we call it in the trade Wink
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 3:24pm
Is this Elliot lad second choice Newcastel keeper? Krul has been linked with moves elsewhere
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Is this Elliot lad second choice Newcastel keeper? Krul has been linked with moves elsewhere

Steve harper is out with a knee injury at the moment but is pushing on . Elliot is probably second choice .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 10:46am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Steve harper is out with a knee injury at the moment but is pushing on . Elliot is probably second choice .
As stated Steve Harper is out injured and is 37-38, Elliot is 26.

Krul is out injured for next three weeks so Eliott will get a run of games, but as soon as Krul is back he'll prob be back in goal.

In terms of transfer he was linked with AC Milan in January, but no bid came in and he even stated himself that he is happy at newcastle but who knows
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:14am
Elliot  has  played in Europe and in the cups  this  season and  in every  game  he  has  been  solid, his  1st  PL game  was  against  Southampton last  weekend, he did  well, amazing  stop  from Lamberts  free kick,Krul  may  be out   for  up  to  5  weeks  so he will  get plenty of game  time,Harper is  3rd  choice,Pardew has made that  clear,Harper will be on the coaching  staff in the next few  years so Elliot  is the 1st choice  back up  to Krul who  signed a 5  year contract last year so he wont be going anywhere for a while.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 11:31am
I know it's a fan blog, but it seems that most agree that Elliot is the superior keeper in some respects

Edited by Dunne23 - 01 Mar 2013 at 11:32am
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:57pm

Embarrassed

it doesn't even make sense. Is 'worldy' not supposed to be short for world class  and used by such masters of the language as Paul Merson? How is that relevant to a move to Newcastle?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

I know it's a fan blog, but it seems that most agree that Elliot is the superior keeper in some respects

The grammar and spelling from that blog is shocking, not surprising a Mag wrote it though Wink

On a serious note, i very much hope we look at Elliot mainly because we are a small nation who should take any EPL option seriously in order to beef up our playing pool. I also hope he concedes bucket loads of goals over the next 5 or so weeks Big smile
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:20pm

Embarrassed

it doesn't even make sense. Is 'worldy' not supposed to be short for world class  and used by such masters of the language as Paul Merson? How is that relevant to a move to Newcastle?

Well seeing as he went from Charlton in League 1 on maybe 3 or 4 grand a week to Premier League Newcastle on a 5 year deal probably earning up to 20 grand a week would be a worldy for me. 

Edited by Blue Man - 01 Mar 2013 at 3:22pm
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:30pm
You are a semi-literate ****.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 3:54pm

You are a semi-literate ****.

Because I said "worldy"? Confused

Do you not use any slang or are you the perfect speaker?

Gary Speed 1969-2011

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:35pm
Blueman ya might organise a 'wordly' of a move from a semi pro outfit in Canada yourself!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Blueman ya might organise a 'wordly' of a move from a semi pro outfit in Canada yourself!

We only hit our peak in our 30s. Bit of time yet Wink

Gary Speed 1969-2011

connordonegal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connordonegal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:18pm
starting against anzhi in europa league today
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:58pm
Great  performance tonight  in Moscow tonight! Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic