Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Stelling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Anyone got a link to Jeffs verbal attack on Hartlepool manager Dave Jones?

Jaysus didn't see those rantsShocked

Whenever I have seen him have a rant he was always only messing.  He's definitely well out of order there and I may have to start a to be sacked thread for Jeff.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sitting in a room with Merson, Nicholas and Thomson would do that to most people, never mind having your team played off the park every week.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:45pm
Fair play to Jeff, Dave Jones is a c**k
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I rarely watch Soccer Saturday but I happened to be watching the end of it yesterday. I understand why he's pissed off but that was still a bit off, for someone in that position.

Obviously he is a well known Hartlepool fan (probably the only one) but I don't think he should have said that.
Meat Loaf has a house nearby and goes to watch them when there. It is one of the more unusual celebrity fans in the football league.
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:16pm
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:21pm
Fan makes an opinion about the club he supports who fights relegation every season.

Nothing to see here
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Fan makes an opinion about the club he supports who fights relegation every season.

Nothing to see here

He's a tv presenter doing a job

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm

Nothing to see here

He isn't merely a 'fan' though. He is the president of the club (even if that is an honorific title) and even leaving the TV presenting thing aside, his words would carry more weight than an average Joe Soap fan. 

It would be much the same as Bobby Charlton (installed in a non-executive directors role at Man U & all time club legend) publicly calling for Jose to be sacked on TV. 

I don't doubt Stelling was genuine in his belief, and it was expressed as a fan rather than club president, but as president, he could have made his views known to the rest of the board by simply phoning them. None of this will matter as ''its only Hartlepool'' but if this were a bigger club, it would be headline news. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Nothing to see here

He's a tv presenter doing a job

So? Regular watches knows he always makes a reaction when Hartlepool score/concede. 2 year ago it was a get up and dance to the tune of 'I Feel Good' whenever a player called James Brown scored.

Just because it's a more negative rant why is it getting more attention to what he was doing 2 years ago? Confused

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Nothing to see here

He isn't merely a 'fan' though. He is the president of the club (even if that is an honorific title) and even leaving the TV presenting thing aside, his words would carry more weight than an average Joe Soap fan. 

It would be much the same as Bobby Charlton (installed in a non-executive directors role at Man U & all time club legend) publicly calling for Jose to be sacked on TV. 

I don't doubt Stelling was genuine in his belief, and it was expressed as a fan rather than club president, but as president, he could have made his views known to the rest of the board by simply phoning them. None of this will matter as ''its only Hartlepool'' but if this were a bigger club, it would be headline news. 

He's just echoing what literally everyone in Hartlepool is saying right now. It was more of a passionate plea rather than abusing his position of his voice being heard nationally 

He'll sleep well tonight however as Dave Jones has infact resigned.

Edited by coyne - 23 Apr 2017 at 10:26pm
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 12:57am
You expect a president to publicly support a team.

You do not expect a president to behave like a supporter on Arsenal Fan tv, nor to air dirty linen in public.

I would understand it entirely if he was only a fan, or if he was president of a fan club. But for the club president, on national tv, to act like that, is not on.

Dave Jones is entitled to feel mightily pissed off at him now. Stelling basically made Jones's position untenable.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 Apr 2017 at 12:58am
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:00am

You do not expect a president to behave like a supporter on Arsenal Fan tv, nor to air dirty linen in public.

I would understand it entirely if he was only a fan, or if he was president of a fan club. But for the club president, on national tv, to act like that, is not on.

Dave Jones is entitled to feel mightily pissed off at him now. Stelling basically made Jones's position untenable.

He did that himself picking up 13 points after 17 games. Including a loss last week against a club who's about to be liquidated when the season ends.

The people saying Jeff is in the wrong are saying it because they don't understand Hartlepool's position - They've been fighting relegation every season for years now, this season was looked to be a season in boring mid-table until Jones took over. It was an outburst of frustration echoed throughout the city that they've gone from finally being okay to being in a worse position than before.

Edited by coyne - 24 Apr 2017 at 1:05am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:08am

He did that himself picking up 13 points after 17 games. Including a loss last week against a club who's about to be liquidated when the season ends.

The people saying Jeff is in the wrong are saying it because they don't understand Hartlepool's position - They've been fighting relegation every season for years now, this season was looked to be a season in boring mid-table until Jones took over. It was an outburst of frustration echoed throughout the city that they've gone from finally being okay to being in a worse position than before.
It isn't Hartlepools's position that is the problem here or even how bad a job Jones has done as a manager, the problem is how he has been forced out of the club. It is very, very likely that Jones would have left anyway, all Stelling has done is embarrass the club even further and make them look even more tinpot and, I would be sure SD will know better, left the club open to some kind of lawsuit, even if unlikely in the circumstances.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:32am
Timing could of been better, probably would of been better during when the pundits chat about the games afterwards, not during the FT results coming through. But that's all I can criticise about the rant really.

I'm just glad he's not an Arsenal fan because then it would gotten boring LOL
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:26am
Jeffs wish has been granted, jones gone 1st thing Monday morning
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:45am
I seen the rant, it was from the heart,  sometimes things have to be said..... well done jeff...
Come on Irelind
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 10:50am
Stelling is bigger than the club
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:30am
I saw a video but cant find it now where Stelling is ranting live on air to McAnally about Hartlepool and some player they have and hes going ape sh*t and MxAnally is embarassed as they are live and not sure if Jeff knew or not but it was way worse than the outburst on Saturday.

I think Jeff could be bipolar.

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:41am
stelling had multiple rants the day the mighty Orient beat Hartlepool 3-1 a couple of weeks back! been a while coming that he's over extended his comments to actually call out dave jones.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 18>
  Share Topic