You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC / Virgin v SKY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

When you re sign up Sham does it not need to be under a new customers name for that offer to take affect?

No, you end one contract, when you resign it's a brand new contract. Even if it was, sure most people have more than one person in the house. I'll be ringing tomorrow and trying to do it with out having to cancel and resign. Just mention DKY and they start being nice to you

Edited by sham157 - 22 Apr 2013 at 6:01pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:01pm
And finally, they've put their prices my plan is goin up by €5 pm
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

UPC have also brought out their own version of "SkyGo" called Horizon, so you can watch TV on up to two devices anywhere you go. Only available on ipad/iphone at the moment though. Android version is expected in the summer.

Not true, you need to be on the broadband connected to that bill which is a load of bollox in truth.

I'd imagine most people would have both with them so it is true.

Edited by Trapped - 22 Apr 2013 at 6:03pm
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:07pm

UPC have also brought out their own version of "SkyGo" called Horizon, so you can watch TV on up to two devices anywhere you go. Only available on ipad/iphone at the moment though. Android version is expected in the summer.

Not true, you need to be on the broadband connected to that bill which is a load of bollox in truth.

Load of arse alright.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:08pm

I'd imagine most people would have both with them so it is true.

Not really comparable to skygo when you have to be in the house where the BB and tv is, skygo can be used anywhere in uk and ireland, UPC - your home, so basically a load of sh*te.

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:17pm

Not really comparable to skygo when you have to be in the house where the BB and tv is, skygo can be used anywhere in uk and ireland, UPC - your home, so basically a load of sh*te.

Right well if that's the case I've been misinformed today, by someone usually up to date on tech matters.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:21pm
Yeah there would be no chance of me watching Sky Sports under  the UPC situation which I can do at the moment using the Dads account. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yeah there would be no chance of me watching Sky Sports under  the UPC situation which I can do at the moment using the Dads account. 

What?

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:29pm

Right well if that's the case I've been misinformed today, by someone usually up to date on tech matters.

Well that's according to reviews on the app over the weekend Trapped, Baldy spouting some cryptic sh*te here so we might found out what he is talking about some time.

Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:33pm
Presume Baldies dad has sky and he watches it using sky go from his home.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:36pm

Well that's according to reviews on the app over the weekend Trapped, Baldy spouting some cryptic sh*te here so we might found out what he is talking about some time.

just reading that now, what's the f**kin point if this app? So they're putting up prices, their app is sh*te and offers nothing new compared to apps out there, and their tv service is v unreliable. Pain in me hole with these
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:37pm
I have this horizon box in my bedroom, it's a full media box too with a 100gb hard disk in it.
Unfortunately since it has a hard disk and it has fans and makes LOTS of noise.

Every night I have to unplug the power from the box every night.

They also have no manual for the box so I have no idea how to use the poxy thing too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

Presume Baldies dad has sky and he watches it using sky go from his home.

Yeah I get ya now, apologies Baldy

@9F - yes it's a load of shire in fairness, loads of existing apps for watching tv on already, UPC still miles behind sky but a good bit cheaper, depends on what you are after, seems that cheap and a good service is not possible!

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 6:53pm
Apology accepted Sono.

AKA pedantic kunt
Rangers Billy 2012 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rangers Billy 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:18pm
The crappy UPC remote does my head in. Always goes to the poxy menu screen and constantly doesnt change channel correctly.
Lagan Valley Loyal

No Surrender
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Rangers Billy 2012 Rangers Billy 2012 wrote:

The crappy UPC remote does my head in. Always goes to the poxy menu screen and constantly doesnt change channel correctly.

Didn't think a proud Ulsterman such as yourself would forget to log out of the RB account before posting a normal comment
Rangers Billy 2012 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rangers Billy 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Didn't think a proud Ulsterman such as yourself would forget to log out of the RB account before posting a normal comment

What ye talkin about ye wee fenian bastard?  Watch the Gers games on UPC.
Lagan Valley Loyal

No Surrender
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic