You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC / Virgin v SKY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:11pm
Yeah sounds pants alright. UPC ye after.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:15pm
As soon as sky get the broadband sorted UPC will be in serious trouble. My UPC remote has been hopped off the wall numerous times
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:41pm
Thats not bad BB. The Upc Broadband is deadly in fairness but I couldnt be dealing with an annoying remote cause it would be gone over balcony along with my boyfriend if it started acting up!
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:46pm
UPC technician out to the gaf earlier to fix broadband, he asks the owl one what was the problem she said she didn't have a clue, your man went off in the car and never returned

Seriously how can they send people out to a house without telling them the faults, I saw the funny side of it, the issue has only been going on for 4 months, what's another few days.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:53pm
You must have the old STB with UPC. Suckers
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You must have the old STB with UPC. Suckers

Ya what now?

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 10:03pm
Horsey has an STD apparently.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 10:05pm
Some set top boxes are known to have issues.

Google UPC set top boxes.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 10:07pm
Cant get Sky where i live, surrounded by tall trees, so only recently got UPC , Box is not user friendly and the remote is a joke, Cry 
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

UPC menu is a pain in the hole Babbs, so frustrating to use and when you have been using sky and then go to these you will notice a huge difference and not for the better, if you can stick with sky if I were you
Yes

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

What the fook is the story witht he upc remote control? Trying to press channel 401 for example and you press the 4, then the 0, then when you press the 1 and the 4 and the 0 disappear and it goea to the upc channel. Usually it works on the 4th attempt. Piece of rubbish.

Me too!
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 10:26am
I suppose I have never had sky, only UPC. I find it pretty good, remote does some silly things but when you get used to it you can see the stupid thing its about to do and counteract it! I also have it for free cos I let them put a cable on the side of the house! Thumbs Up
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2013 at 1:11pm
Box is a pain in the hole but the prices are better with UPC and the internet is rapid.

Have phone, broadband, espn, sky sports, sky movies, and most channels (no setanta 1, espn classic, fox or a few others), paying them €118 a month (well, I only pay half). Would be paying a fair bit more with sky.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:52pm
Anyone with UPC? they have changed their T&Cs which means you can downgrade change or exit your contract. What I will be doing tomorrow is cancelling my current €69 pm contract which is tv phone and broadband, and then resigning up for the same plan which is now €66, a €3 pm saving. But wait, there's more......as a 'new sign up again, this plan is €50 for 6 months, that's a €16 saving per month or €96 over the 6 months. Add the €3 saving per month for the next 6 months and that's an extra €18. A grand saving of €114 on your new 12 month contract.

Shamfinance to the rescue again.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:56pm
UPC have also brought out their own version of "SkyGo" called Horizon, so you can watch TV on up to two devices anywhere you go. Only available on ipad/iphone at the moment though. Android version is expected in the summer.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:57pm
When you re sign up Sham does it not need to be under a new customers name for that offer to take affect?

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

UPC have also brought out their own version of "SkyGo" called Horizon, so you can watch TV on up to two devices anywhere you go. Only available on ipad/iphone at the moment though. Android version is expected in the summer.

Not true, you need to be on the broadband connected to that bill which is a load of bollox in truth.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic