You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPC / Virgin v SKY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well, the issue is that I want Sky Sports and Eir Sports, if possible. Obviously I know I could just stream everything but I don't fancy the hassle etc and I don't mind paying for them, I just want to know what Eir broadband speeds are like.

I don't much fancy paying UPC 50 a month for TV only and then forking out another 80 or more to sky, if Eir is going to be decent enough. They're a decent price in comparison to the alternatives.

go with a broadband only deal and get a similar "Sky" set up like Sham.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well, the issue is that I want Sky Sports and Eir Sports, if possible. Obviously I know I could just stream everything but I don't fancy the hassle etc and I don't mind paying for them, I just want to know what Eir broadband speeds are like.

I don't much fancy paying UPC 50 a month for TV only and then forking out another 80 or more to sky, if Eir is going to be decent enough. They're a decent price in comparison to the alternatives.

go with a broadband only deal and get a similar "Sky" set up like Sham.

Thinking about that, alright.... but the main thing I want to know is what the speeds with Eir are like..... anyone?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:24pm

Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

The said their one is a wireless and they guarantee nothing less that 30mb or they wont install it?

mate of mine signed up with a company a few months back and its sounds similar to this.He is get 25- 30 mb and he was only getting around 4mb previously .

I will get the name of the company from him later.They gave him a months free trial.

https://www.ruralwifi.ie/

That s the provider .€48 pm with unlimited download.

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 9:29am

The said their one is a wireless and they guarantee nothing less that 30mb or they wont install it?

mate of mine signed up with a company a few months back and its sounds similar to this.He is get 25- 30 mb and he was only getting around 4mb previously .

I will get the name of the company from him later.They gave him a months free trial.

Cheers Rossie, will look them up
Some people just deserve a slap
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2016 at 11:41am

Cheers Rossie, will look them up
Read back the last 6 weeks on Boards about Imagine....wasn't great reading
Some people just deserve a slap
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:52pm
Virgin upping prices again mid contract according to a mate of mine. So glad to be away from these chancers.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Virgin upping prices again mid contract according to a mate of mine. So glad to be away from these chancers.

Confirmed. And they overcharged me last month which I only found out yesterday. 

Gave the poor soul a hairdryer treatment Sir Alex would be proud of as she refused to do owt aswell. I was gonna ring up again today again but I honestly couldn't be arsed with the fight I'm gonna end up in again.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2017 at 7:59pm

I was so happy cancelling my contract with them this year.
They called a few times trying to get me to stay and I would lead them on abit only to tell them to actually f**k off. Would never go back to them.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:21am

Was there emails sent out or what?
Haven’t heard anything myself
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 11:05am
Yeah email received the other day so free to cancel within 30 days.

Are Sky really all that better lads?

Just want decent internet and decent tv package with sports. Really just the same that i have at the moment with Bransons lot. 

Hello Mr McG,
Our Self-Serve Discount will be removed from January
We are making some changes to our discount policy and wanted to let you know that our Self-Serve Discount will be removed. This means that you will no longer get the €3.51 discount you currently receive per month for being registered for My Virgin Media. This change will take place on your first bill after 1st January 2018.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 11:31am
Cheers. Don’t think that applies to mine, didn’t receive an email either
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:21pm
Got rind of UPC a long time ago, went satellite dish one off payment but have now gone to android box and www.moretv.ie which is €12 per month 

Eir is €40, so €52 a month - full internet and all the channels you'd want Cool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 12:33pm
Sky are as bad as Virgin (with their pricing) but better quality product.

The android box is the way to go. Save over 50% on bills and complete sports package.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 161718
  Share Topic