You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Only Fools And Horses Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Only Fools And Horses Thread
    Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 3:55pm
They're on bbc1 and uk gold monday to friday. Just watching the episode where albert falls down the pub cellar and they sue the brewery .

As much as I like the office, peep show, curb your enthusiasm, It has to be the best tv comedy certainly the best sitcom. The gags are brilliant the storylines always have a good ending. It'll never age.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:00pm
true! have probably seen every episode 3 times now and still laugh my arse of, even though I know the punch line beofre they say it.

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:07pm
Clap

Quaity, absolute quality, still stands up against the best of what today has to offer
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:16pm
Bout time we had a thread on this.
Chateauneuf du pape.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:18pm
Alot of the humour had Irish origin as John Sullivans family were all paddies.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:30pm

Hadn't really watched it until recently. Still only catching the odd episode but I love the humour and can see why it's a classic

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:36pm

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:20pm
They are after censoring bits of it now. For example, there's a scene when Rodney says the packie short changed him, that's gone.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:27pm
one show that hasn't aged at all!
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:33pm
Hands down and by a distance my favourite television programme of all time.
I have every episode watched 20+ times but never bought a box set.
The way you get to see them on gold every couple of months is ideal. I cannot say enough about this programme       
Oh Poland we loved you.....
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 5:44pm
Absolute love the show. Like Father Ted no matter how many times you see it the jokes and one liners never get old.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

They are after censoring bits of it now. For example, there's a scene when Rodney says the packie short changed him, that's gone.

Thats pretty stupid as they take the piss out of everything. There's loads of paddy references in it but who'd be offended by that in a comedy. There'll always be some prick moaning about these things. 

As Billy Connolly said before that "political correctness is the language of cowards" Clap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Hadn't really watched it until recently. Still only catching the odd episode but I love the humour and can see why it's a classic

watch it from the beginning as you'll see how the charactors develop. the episodes with grandad are the best there is.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 6:06pm
Anyone notice what a pathetic actress Casandra is on OFAH. Racquel is good in it but that Casandra is woeful and when she delivers her gags it's pure dry Dead. terrible actress
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:00pm
The programmes best years were without doubt in its earlier days but I love them all.
The storylines in the early days focusing on the boys ducking and diving were magic altogether. Really got a feel for market life in London and people trying to get by. Superb stuff.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:04pm
Ageless and what seemed an impossible task was made possible when introducing uncle albert for the deceased leonard pearce. Uncle albert shades Granddad for better character for me.

Just on thing though... Damian is a ****
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
Perfect opportunity to remind ourselves of ybigs finest post

Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

To the tune of only fools and horses [end credits]

<font face="Arial">We've got some 500% profit Ireland shirts and miles and miles of umbro lies,
Ireland tees, you boys in green and Kevin Kilbane Long sleeves,
Blob games, sponsor change, no shame, football boots and polo tops
<font face="Arial">And  Damien Duff track suits from a mush in the town of Rush,
Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush, Rush ...
No income tax, no V.A.T.,
No money back, no guarantee,
Black or white, rich or poor,
I ripped off Trap Junior for a score......
God bless Johnnycee,
Viva Johnnycee,
Long live Johnnycee,
C'est magnifique, Johnnycee,
Magnifique, Johnnycee,
Johnnycee
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
del boy
Del Boy 2
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 58>
  Share Topic