Arsenal -v- Bayern Munich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 5:54pm
I'm upset on this thread.

Not 1 laugh did I get from my "Toni and utterly kroosified" post.

I'm obviously my own biggest fan, was laughin my arse off posting it.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:25pm
Out of interest lads and Im not comparing them btw but I wonder what Brady was like when he was Wilsheres age. Was Brady a slow developer or was he consistantly classy from day one?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Biffo Biffo wrote:

He's only young and he's just back from a lengthy injury he looks a real raw talent that'll develop into a very good player.

and that is all
Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 4:17pm
He's only young and he's just back from a lengthy injury he looks a real raw talent that'll develop into a very good player.

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 3:13pm
What Ken is saying is spot on. Wilshere is very erratic, his passing especially,not enough killer passes either. his positioning is non existent. He never knows when to stay or when to run, he regularly goes missing for periods when the team needs him too. He obviously has some talent but I really don't see him as anything but a decent centre midfielder. calling him 'Arsenal's best player' is baffling. cazorla, Arteta and even Walcott are far more important to Arsenal
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:37pm
Wilshere is a better player than cleverly imo 

I like cleverly doesnt boss games as much he'd like but he has potential to be quality

Wilshere is a quality baller, not as good as sky would have you believe, but he is englands best midfielder at the minute( as in the national team not in the EPL)

Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Wilshere is clearly talented no ones denying that

He gets caught too far forward though like is he a midfielder or is he playing in behind the striker? Doesnt seem to know himself

Trying too hard to be roy of the rovers bombing forward at every opportunity looking for the glory

Needs more discipline in his game and as i said gives away the ball too cheaply at times

Ken would you welcome him to old Trafford?

Yes i think fergie could mould him into a more complete player

Wouldnt part with any more than 20m for him though

If he wasnt english you could prob get him for about 10m

Would prefer someone like moutinho tbh
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm

He gets caught too far forward though like is he a midfielder or is he playing in behind the striker? Doesnt seem to know himself

Trying too hard to be roy of the rovers bombing forward at every opportunity looking for the glory

Needs more discipline in his game and as i said gives away the ball too cheaply at times

Ken would you welcome him to old Trafford?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You mentioned him going to one of the top clubs - City are just about still in the bracket at the moment provided they can continue their spending patterns. I would see him turning out as similar to Barry and Milner - some way effective in centre midfield but certainly overrated. And from what I've seen of both players this season I'd much prefer Cleverley at United than Wilshere.

that posts just a little bit bitter

Odd that a comment praising Jack Wilshere has turned into comparing him to Tom Cleverly, and two Man City players that play in different positions

Come on lads, you are allowed to admit a player at a different club is good
Cazorla is a class act on his day and a much better player than Wilshere "in the hole". Wilshere gets in Cazorla's way in that position in my opinion - he should play further back.

Would agree with this. It works at United with Carrick/Cleverly in behind Giggs and Wilshere can play that deeper role.

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:19pm

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:16pm
I think ye should take into account that Cleverly is not playing in his favoured role imo but the deeper role fergie has him in to suit the team so it's a bit of an unfair comparison. 

Didn't Cleverly take free kicks for Wigan when he was there? I'd like to see him in behind the strikers because he does have a good shot which he doesn't utilize enough imo
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:14pm

You mentioned him going to one of the top clubs - City are just about still in the bracket at the moment provided they can continue their spending patterns. I would see him turning out as similar to Barry and Milner - some way effective in centre midfield but certainly overrated. And from what I've seen of both players this season I'd much prefer Cleverley at United than Wilshere.

Odd that a comment praising Jack Wilshere has turned into comparing him to Tom Cleverly, and two Man City players that play in different positions

Cazorla is a class act on his day and a much better player than Wilshere "in the hole". Wilshere gets in Cazorla's way in that position in my opinion - he should play further back.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I don't see how they're different, both like to play in the attacking midfield kind of role.

Cleverley has massive advantages though as he plays for a better team and with better more experienced players. Wilshere does not have those luxuries. He also missed a full season last year through injuries. He's by far Arsenal's best player. You would not say the same about Cleverley 

So on the one hand you're saying Cleverley has the advantage of playing with better players, but on the other hand you're giving Wilshere credit for sticking out in what is a weaker team. That's a bit of a paradox.

Yeah but i dont think Cleverley would stick out in the Arsenal side. He'd be more like Ramsey if you ask me. I'd take Wilshere over Cleverley any day
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:11pm
Wilshere is more talented end of

Put him in that United squad in the summer and you will all be calling him the leagues best midfielder in less than 6 months

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:08pm

I don't see how they're different, both like to play in the attacking midfield kind of role.

Cleverley has massive advantages though as he plays for a better team and with better more experienced players. Wilshere does not have those luxuries. He also missed a full season last year through injuries. He's by far Arsenal's best player. You would not say the same about Cleverley 

So on the one hand you're saying Cleverley has the advantage of playing with better players, but on the other hand you're giving Wilshere credit for sticking out in what is a weaker team. That's a bit of a paradox.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 12:07pm
I don't think Cleverly has Wilsheres range of passing. Cleverly is naturally a more attacking player than the deeper position fergie has him in. Wilshere's plays further up the pitch. Cleverly has got a good shot but he has a serious reluctance to shoot when the shot is on through the middle. He's nearly too unselfish. Wilshere has more ability to influence a game than Cleverly IMO. Id like to see how they get on together in the England team. Id imagine Cleverly would play in behind him as the holding midfielder. I do think Wilshere is a better player though not by much
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 11:59am

Wilshere was head and shoulders above any of his team mates last night. Nearly time he joined one of the big boys, would be some player in a top class side.

City should take him and turn him into another mundane, overrated centre mid like Barry and Milner.
 Cleverley is better than Wilshere.
I disagree

So would the vast majority of football fans id imagine
Why bring Barry/Milner into it? Wilshere has more potential than both ever had
Milner has done alright for City

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Feb 2013 at 12:08pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2013 at 11:56am

Wilshere was head and shoulders above any of his team mates last night. Nearly time he joined one of the big boys, would be some player in a top class side.

City should take him and turn him into another mundane, overrated centre mid like Barry and Milner.

Cleverley is better than Wilshere.

I disagree

Totally different players

Wilshere is wildly over rated- he has good pace over the first 5 yards and can get by a player but his passing is woeful at times- he can tend to be a bit of a headless chicken aswel he was all over the place last night getting caught ahead of the play doing pretty much no defending

Cleverley is under rated- his passing and shooting are excellent but again positionally he needs to wise up- goes missing in too many games

Edited by bhob - 20 Feb 2013 at 11:57am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic