You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Vs Croke Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aviva Vs Croke Park
    Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:46pm
What are the pros and cons of both stadiums. Pros of Croke park are capacity although rarely full, a terrace, big area were food and drinks are. Cons: location not much around there. Lack of atmosphere.

Aviva: cons Lower tiers not steep enough, too many preminum seats, area were food and drink is to pokey.
Pros: close to the pitch ,signing section

Edited by theheff1989 - 04 Feb 2013 at 1:47pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:04pm
Would think Croke Park is a better location that Lansdowne myself. Shorter distance to walk from the centre of town.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:05pm
They'll both be lovely stadiums when they're finished!!Wink
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Would think Croke Park is a better location that Lansdowne myself. Shorter distance to walk from the centre of town.

Meant surrounding area, some dogy characters around there.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:12pm
Right so, bit of a sh*thole alright but in over 20 years of going to Croker, I've never had a bit of hassle.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:14pm
Same as that, going since 97 never been a problem.
MaradonaSeven View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaradonaSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

What are the pros and cons of both stadiums. Pros of Croke park are capacity although rarely full, a terrace, big area were food and drinks are. Cons: location not much around there. Lack of atmosphere.

Aviva: cons Lower tiers not steep enough, too many preminum seats, area were food and drink is to pokey.

Ever been an all-Ireland final day. Croke Park wasnt the reason there was no atmosphere. sh*te attendances were.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:28pm
Year before last, after a Dubs game I saw some knacker cycled up beside some guy on his phone and swiped it right out of his hand.

Croker after a game you'd have to go back into town for pints. A few more options around Lansdowne.
The dark side.. And the light
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:31pm
Prefer the aviva for the football. The football pitch so far in from the stand looked cat at croke park. i hated going to Ireland matches there
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Year before last, after a Dubs game I saw some knacker cycled up beside some guy on his phone and swiped it right out of his hand.

Croker after a game you'd have to go back into town for pints. A few more options around Lansdowne.

plenty of places to drink around croker .drank in a good few pubs around there before and after games and never had any hassle.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:38pm
Croke Park pitch too big and not suitable for football really.  Aviva not tight enough for my liking. Actually I dont like Lansdowne at all. I hate them white pipes under the roof. It looks crap and the north stand is pathetic.  The corporate section is way too big and its a soulless stadium.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Croke Park pitch too big and not suitable for football really.  Aviva not tight enough for my liking. Actually I dont like Lansdowne at all. I hate them white pipes under the roof. It looks crap and the north stand is pathetic.  The corporate section is way too big and its a soulless stadium.

+ 1. Why can't we build and complete a proper stadium in this country.
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Ever been an all-Ireland final day. Croke Park wasnt the reason there was no atmosphere. sh*te attendances were.

Been to good few hurling ones. And the two hurling final this year had good athmosphere, especially the Galway fans. But I fell Croke Paek too big for an atmosphere to develop.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Shebber Shebber wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

+ 1. Why can't we build and complete a proper stadium in this country.

Why does nobody in Ireland own proper rain gear?

[sees poxy ad one more time, grabs shotgun, places barrel in mouth, pulls trigger til it goes click]
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:08pm

Originally posted by MaradonaSeven MaradonaSeven wrote:

Been to good few hurling ones. And the two hurling final this year had good athmosphere, especially the Galway fans. But I fell Croke Paek too big for an atmosphere to develop.

Great set of lads those guys are Between themselves and Kilkenny they brought 22,000 to the Leinster final. 
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:11pm
When you compare lanesdown Rd or Croker to the millennium stadium they are very poor. Millennium stadium cost about half what lanesdown rd cost.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:17pm
What was the difference in average wages between when the Millenium and the New Lansdowne was built. 
AKA pedantic kunt
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:17pm
I'm guessing Dublin is the only city in the world that has two potentially world class stadiums within a few km's of each other, but both can't be completed because of resident issues with light?

Landsdowne cons: it looks like a bed pan.
Landsdowne pros: it's home, and hallowed ground.

Croker cons: risk of being murdered.
Croker pros: can't think of any.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic