You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Vs Croke Park

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

What's the deal with the toilets in LR they are so cramped and pokey. Is this the same all over only been in the south stand., cant remember what they like in east stand.

I was in the east stand before and its still the same. Even in the premium area in the South there are huge queues.

There are a few staff toilets about and they're never locked. There are that many people milling about at half time it's easy enough to sneak in and out Wink - and they're marked with the words "staff toilet".

Edited by SuperDave84 - 04 Feb 2013 at 8:15pm
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:17pm

What's the deal with the toilets in LR they are so cramped and pokey. Is this the same all over only been in the south stand., cant remember what they like in east stand.

I was in the east stand before and its still the same. Even in the premium area in the South there are huge queues.

Honestly like the people who designed the place must have been on the babycham or something.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:19pm

Honestly like the people who designed the place must have been on the babycham or something.

Tis bonkers, alright. Couldn't wrap my head around it first time I was there and still can't to this day.

How somebody could f**k up the design of public toilets in a stadium that badly is beyond me.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

There are a few staff toilets about and they're never locked. There are that many people milling about at half time it's easy enough to sneak in and out Wink - and they're marked with the words "staff toilet".

I like to keep that little trick as quiet as possible Big smile

Its defo a life saver for a man that suffers from stage fright. Its either the cubicles or the staff jacks for me Cry

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:40pm
Gdansk was far worse, Toilets were a disgrace
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:50pm
Not as bad as the ones on the square, got a mother of a nose bleed and went into it and no toilet roll. Had use my tshirt, so that covered in blood, and the crazy police looking at me. Throw the tshirt away and busted the beer out if it.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:55pm
Personally dont like the New Lansdowne, not that it will ever deter me from going, apart from the last 20 minutes v Russia, the atmosphere is terrible, but i cant blame the stadium for thatDisapprove things can only get better, BTW Being a small fella toilets suit perfectlyWink Da Scientist loves them apparently
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

What was the difference in average wages between when the Millenium and the New Lansdowne was built. 
Did something productive with my time. Millenium opened in 1999 and Aviva opened in 2010.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:58pm
GDP takes account of multinational profits which aren't necessarily reinvested in the Irish economy. What you really need is median (not mean) wages cos that will show what the middle of the road man was making.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 10:27pm
Penn tables don't have GNP or GNI data have to use World bank data for that.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:09pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 11:46pm
Question anyone know why there was dugouts in croke park when Ireland played there even doh there was plenty space in the hogan stand, that's were the GAA subs be.
dickybhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:15am
the toilets are crap at Landsdowne, you queue to get in then have to go back past people to get out. At wembley theres one entrance to go in and then another one to get out.

The stewards are crap there as well, at the cup final in 2010 three different stewards all showed us to different seats. Just found them ourselves in the end.  Some of the stewards said there was no allocated seats and sit where you wanted.

The entrances are really small as well.  We were in the front row it takes along time to get back out. 
Would hate to think what it would be like in an emergency trying to get out of there.
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:22am
Croke Park is a shocking stadium to watch a football match in.
Theres only one sport that matters..
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:23am
must say the premium and corporate facilities at the Aviva are the best iv have seen and are a credit to the FAI
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 6:50am

Question anyone know why there was dugouts in croke park when Ireland played there even doh there was plenty space in the hogan stand, that's were the GAA subs be.
Proabably because they would be so far from the pitch. You generally see dugouts like that in most stadiums where the stands are a good bit back from the sideline
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 7:17am
Originally posted by dickybhoy dickybhoy wrote:

the toilets are crap at Landsdowne, you queue to get in then have to go back past people to get out. At wembley theres one entrance to go in and then another one to get out.

Yep that's a big one for me also . Now at Turf Moor they have the same where you have an in and out wrote up in big massive letters , it's just so many people from the Burnley area can't read and it's mayhem at HT .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
LeinsterScout View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeinsterScout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 7:55am
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

must say the premium and corporate facilities at the Aviva are the best iv have seen and are a credit to the FAI

Totally agree my waterford mate.  Pity the lads in Munster do not look afer the Waterford goys like they should.  Great that you feel at home at the home of Irish rugby. 

See you there for the spit roast against England  maybe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic