You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian harte worth a call up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trappedfor2long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 10:54am
ronald koeman had no pace either but ran most games he played in , of course he was surrounded by world class players, alas if ian harte came into the team he would be surrounded by......(feel free to add in your own ending)  footnote:no donkeys where hurt in the making of this comment,
i was gonna procrastinate but now i'm gonna leave it till tomorrow
Sponsored Links

gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:22pm
Too old & he had his chance. Cunningham, Wilson & Stevens are the future.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:39pm
It would be a step backwards. Glad to see he he is doing well. Still one of the best deliveries in premier league.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 1:43pm
fair dues to him.... doing well.

Form wise he is prob our best option, but not in a years time and would demoralise younger lads!
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:53pm
No, Move on Lads!!!!
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 9:58pm
No at 35 he is way to old tbh, if he was in the set up for the past few years then fair enough but his time in an Ireland shirt has passed.

Edited by Green Devil - 03 Feb 2013 at 9:58pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 10:22pm
Should only be called up if needed due to injuries. His corners might be the thing to keep reading up 
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:44am
For us to even consider this portrays how deperate we are. He won't get a recall but he's the best option we have in that position right now as worrying as it sounds.

Regardless, fair play to him for doing so well lately. Never thought the lad would be near the EPL again. We havent had a better set piece taker since.
benboview View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benboview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 1:10pm
No, too slow.

He's a weak link in that Reading side.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:27am
Jaysis, his latest tweet

For all the people asking if ive retired from international football. no i havent. trap didnt even know i was irish #whataclown
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 9:37am
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:08am
He was dodgy defensively when he was 25, nevermind 35. And he was absolute muck at the WC 2002.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 10:25am
No wonder Trap sticks to the same players, he thinks they are the only ones that are Irish. Lazy lazy manager, harte's ability is besides the point, he is playing in the premier league our manager should know he exists
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:50am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:53am
sh*te and childish tweet.  Your ship sailed fadó fadó Ian..........would have Derek Harte ahead of Ian and that's saying something.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

sh*te and childish tweet.  Your ship sailed fadó fadó Ian..........would have Derek Harte ahead of Ian and that's saying something.

That is a childish postEmbarrassed
greenscene View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenscene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by benboview benboview wrote:

No, too slow.

He's a weak link in that Reading side.
Thats just wrong. Look at Readings record since he came back into the team at the expense of Shorey.
He shouldnt be called back but his set pieces could be vital against the minnows. Bet set piece taker in Premier League History, and I include Beckham
WWW.GREENSCENE.ME
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

That is a childish postEmbarrassed

Why so Kerrzy?   He had his international career and it ended long ago.  Don't think that's remotely childish to be honest.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic