You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ian harte worth a call up?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:27am
Interesting article, would love to know what Kelly, Hunt etc are really thinking and what really happened
Sponsored Links

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Interesting article, would love to know what Kelly, Hunt etc are really thinking and what really happened

This all comes back to the point I was making the other week when I suggested that team morale couldn’t be that good at the moment!

Do people not think these players talk to each other about all these ‘incidents' and the overlooking of in form players when they meet each other at matches,etc.

I’d be surprised if a lot of them aren’t as disillusioned as a lot of us!!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:06pm
Daniel got a great interview out of Harte there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:00pm
Hard to disagree with anything Harte says there about the Stephen Kelly incident. It is a disgrace. He's absolutely correct on that.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Hard to disagree with anything Harte says there about the Stephen Kelly incident. It is a disgrace. He's absolutely correct on that.

Hard to disagree with anything he says about the manager. I'm sure the current players in the squad think it as well but they can't say anything to risk their place in the team/squad.

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:23pm
The likes of o shea would wanna grow a back bone and stand up to trap
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Daniel got a great interview out of Harte there. 

Kelly text the only new line in fairness

Here is what Harte had to say last October to Mark McCadden

IAN HARTE has launched a withering attack on Giovanni Trapattoni – calling on the Ireland manager to walk away from the post.

Harte was the man who broke the Faroe Islands’ resistance the last time Ireland travelled to Torshavn.

His second-half penalty sent Brian Kerr’s men on their way to a 2-0 win in June 2005.

Twelve years on and Trapattoni brings a dispirited side to the minnows – on the back of a disastrous Euro 2012 campaign and last Friday’s sickening 6-1 home defeat to Germany.

Reading full-back Harte is fed up with the Italian’s rigid tactics.

And he reckons it’s time for the Italian to go.

“I said after the European Championships that, okay, it was fantastic for him to get the Irish team to qualify,” the 2002 World Cup star told the Irish Daily Star.

“But what happened over there was pretty embarrassing.

“I did a few of the games for Sky and I was trying to pull some positives out of it because loads of the lads are my good friends.

“I just think it’s terrible the way he is stuck in his ways.

“If eleven players are fit, no matter what happens the team will stay the same.

“He needed to make changes and he didn’t until late on in games when it was over and done with.

“For me personally, he should have walked after the Euros.”

Trapattoni’s selection policy also has 63-time capped Harte scratching his head.

“I just think it’s sad because the whole of Irish football is suffering at the moment because he is in charge,” he said.

“Not only that but you have got players like Shane Long.

“I don’t care what anyone says but he should have been playing games.

“Shane Long is probably playing some of the best football in the formation that they played the other night (against Germany). I think he would have done really well.

“He is playing that role for West Brom, they are flying in the league, he is scoring goals and setting up goals and he has got no chance.

“Robbie Keane and Kevin Doyle are out injured for the Germany game and he must be thinking to himself – what chance have I got?

“The manager has named the team for the Faroes and once again he is missing out.

“It is frustrating for players like Stephen Kelly.

“He is probably asking the question – we’ve been battered and what do I have to do to get in the team?

“Personally I think he could do a better job than Darren O’Dea.

“I don’t know how Darren O’Dea is even in the squad. He is playing for Toronto.

“You have got players like Alex Pearce at Reading and he is playing Premier League football, but he isn’t getting a chance or a sniff.

“I just think it’s a lack of knowledge.

“He doesn’t really come to England to watch any games. He is relying on DVDs.”

And that is another massive bone of contention for 35-year-old Harte.

“That’s part of being the manager of a country. Where all your players are based in England, you come across for a weekend and you get one or two games in,” he said.

“That’s part of the job – going to games and seeing how your players are getting on.

“You don’t be sitting back in Italy and looking at DVDs, because that doesn’t tell you the whole picture.

“I do think there needs to be a change at the top but the only one who can make that decision is Mr (John) Delaney.

“Are we going to qualify for the World Cup? If you are going to be honest, we are not.

“Of course you want it. Every Irish player and fan wants us to, but the way we are playing under him is so boring to watch that there needs to be changes.”

Harte added: “Is he going to walk? No chance. If he has a chance to get his money then – you can sack me and I’ll take your money.

“That’s what he is going to hold out for.

“But I do think now that there needs to be a change.

“Who is going to be the right person to come in and take it?”

Edited by The GerK - 18 Feb 2013 at 3:34pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:39pm
If I was a journalist now I would be asking Darren O Dea what he though of Ian Harte's comments. 

Harte Slams O Dea :)
AKA pedantic kunt
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:42pm
It's a good interview but how many people since he last got capped were calling for his return?  I can understand his anger to an extent and fair play to him on an Indian Summer and a PL return, but there wasn't a "Bring back Harty" campaign while he was overlooked (when you consider the likes of the Reids and Stephen Ireland (to name but 3)), so all this moaning and groaning from some of yiz on here smacks of crocodile tears to me.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If I was a journalist now I would be asking Darren O Dea what he though of Ian Harte's comments. 

Harte Slams O Dea :)

O Deas reply would be tht Trap gave him his blessing on the move to the States.

And he would fully back Trap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic