You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

NFL, really don't get it or middle who pretend to like it to be cool. 
Confused
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

NFL, really don't get it or middle who pretend to like it to be cool. 
Clown
AKA pedantic kunt
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

He did not say he did not like cycling he said it has no skill. There is difference between those statements.

His opinion is that he does not like cycling which I would respect. However he added that it has no skill which is wrong.

Huge difference between what you prefer in sports music tatoos eyc and what are in fact statement of fact such as there is no skill in cycling, because there is.

I would have no debate with someone not liking cycling.
I do not like basketball but I would not be dumb enough to say there is no skill involved because that would be factually inaccurate.

Usually the justification for an opinion is where people make these general inaccurate statements, instead of just leaving it at, I do not like it because I find it boring.

But it is his opinion that there is no skill involved, and i'd be inclined to agree, tis more about fitness than skill IN MY OPINION.

Edited by BigPodge - 30 Jan 2013 at 4:03pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

He did not say he did not like cycling he said it has no skill. There is difference between those statements.

His opinion is that he does not like cycling which I would respect. However he added that it has no skill which is wrong.

Huge difference between what you prefer in sports music tatoos eyc and what are in fact statement of fact such as there is no skill in cycling, because there is.

I would have no debate with someone not liking cycling.
I do not like basketball but I would not be dumb enough to say there is no skill involved because that would be factually inaccurate.

Usually the justification for an opinion is where people make these general inaccurate statements, instead of just leaving it at, I do not like it because I find it boring.

But it is his opinion that there is no skill involved, and i'd be inclined to agree, tis more about fitness than skill IN MY OPINION.
You can't have an opinion about a matter of fact.   That is the key difference. Opinion on areas of preference such as food, music etc, 

So you have said there is no skill then you say its more about fitness than skill which suggests some skill. Which is it ?

Even cycling a bike is a skill,  a basic one to begin with.  Then the technique in cycling a bike at a high level is another skill that most people would not have.  Thirdly then there is in race tactics which is another skill, when to attack when not to, the skill of descending down a mountain, getting your technique in that area is literally life or death.  There are numerous skills associated to racing a bike at the highest level.  Peddling technique, body position on the bike, consultation with bike manufacturers on the set up of the bike etc. 

So to say there is  no skill , s not about opinion at all, its just plain wrong.  

Edited by Baldrick - 30 Jan 2013 at 4:40pm
AKA pedantic kunt
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:20pm
Lads Baldo is right here as much as I dislike to watch cycling
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:24pm
Rugby
Cricket
Basketball

All of the above snoozefest central.

I'll watch rugby if the 6 nations is on in the pub or if we're playing England or France but overall it just bores me. Have tried to get into American Football (the NFL is Gaelic Football by the way) but all the breaks in play really don't help.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:30pm
Rugby is by far the biggest pile of w*nk sport ever, boring as fcuk so it is Censored

Ill watch anything else tho Thumbs Up
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 4:47pm
Egg chasing. Sickens me when the bandwagon starts up every season. Have seen a few lads I met in Poland wearing Leinster tops recently. All aboard!  
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm

Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

Cycling. Awful, awful sport
Why

I just find it very boring that you can watch lads on a bike for 2 hours or whatever and there is no excitement for the most part of it. 

Now people will say that's the same for cricket, baseball and American Football etc but the fact there is a score kept, makes it entertaining.

"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 5:12pm

Cycling. Awful, awful sport
Why

I just find it very boring that you can watch lads on a bike for 2 hours or whatever and there is no excitement for the most part of it. 

Now people will say that's the same for cricket, baseball and American Football etc but the fact there is a score kept, makes it entertaining.

Yeah  I can see where you are coming from on that.  i think the key to enjoying any sport is understanding the tactics esp in sports like American Football, Cricket and Cycling etc. Others sports such as Hurling and Rugby lend themselves to people going along and cheering along as they are exciting to watch to even the uninformed eye. I think thats one of the reasons that rugby is so popular with many South Dublin women, because you do not  have to understand the rules to enjoy it.  Thats not to say that Hurling and Rugby do not have loads of intricacies because they do.  Its just that the physical mano mano is attractive to the uninformed eye. 

I would say one of the reasons I do not enjoy Baseball and Basketball is because I do not understand the rules and the various tactics.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 5:50pm
No offence intended, these are just sports I have no interest in and don't see changing

Rally. I'd like motorsport in general, having watched F1 religiously when I was younger but never really saw the appeal of Rally. More people interested in the cars themselves than the competition itself.

Cycling would be another, far more interested in the drugs conflict within it than watching it unfold.

Wouldn't be mad about cricket either but the 2005 Ashes made for great viewing and its how I learnt the rules. Would be interested to see how Ireland get on during World Cups but nothing more

As for American Sports. Basketball. Close games I'd probably watch but have rarely been enthralled by one ever. The Olympics would be the extent of my viewing on that. Baseball mainly because I've never grasped how it works. Nascar as well, not a patch on F1 in my opinion.
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 6:17pm
Rugby, Cricket, Basketball, Mens Field hockey
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 7:27pm
I think all types who like cycling are nothing but gay half breads from Clare .
I think Big Podge is a top man .
And yes I am spoiling for a fight Wink
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
dublin-hammer View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin-hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Egg chasing. Sickens me when the bandwagon starts up every season. Have seen a few lads I met in Poland wearing Leinster tops recently. All aboard!  

This, also tennis and cycling. Other than that I would watch paint dry if they made it a sport
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2013 at 8:26pm
Cant watch Cricket unless its a twenty twenty world cup involving Ireland  rarely watch rugby union or league unless its ireland involved but wouldnt go out of my way to tune in  - hate Motorsports i.e F1 Circuit of Ireland - moto GP - Would not watch a league of Ireland or Irish league game -  if it was played in my back garden ( weather permitting  )  Cycling a load of bollocks - American Sports Football Baseball Baskeball - The only sport i attend or go out of my way to watch is GAA and ROI Soccer and Champions league or a top of the table clash in the EPL - although topless darts i could be tempted  Thumbs Up
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 9:49am
Cricket -  have been told that it's a great sport to watch but I dont see the appeal.

NFL - goes on for far too long and too many breaks in play.

Motorsports - Used to always watch the start of F1 grand prix's when I was younger but always found it tough to stay interested after the 3rd lap.

Ice Hockeys actually a great game to be live at, a lot easier to follow the puck than I thought!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ice Hockeys actually a great game to be live at, a lot easier to follow the puck than I thought!

Ya reckon? Went to a lot of cancuks games and the first few I went to I hadn't a clue where the puck was. Only after getting to know the sport did my eye know where to expect the puck to be and made it easier to follow.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Ya reckon? Went to a lot of cancuks games and the first few I went to I hadn't a clue where the puck was. Only after getting to know the sport did my eye know where to expect the puck to be and made it easier to follow.

Went to a NY Rangers game in Madison Square Garden, it might have been that I had decent seats that I could follow the puck, politest game of hockey ive ever seen, was expecting punch ups galore but there was none!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic