You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cycling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cycling
    Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:01pm
Haven't cycled in years looking to get a bike to do a bit of cycling, nothing major just around we're I live, is it good for losing weight. More getting one to knock the laziness off me, as drive everywhere, and would feel this to be a good form of exercise. Any advice on what one do get, don't want reel expensive one.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:08pm
Can you get one on the cycle to work scheme?IF you can there are savings to be made of up to 52% of the cost of the bike.the scheme covers up to €1000 but you can add more to it if you want .
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Can you get one on the cycle to work scheme?IF you can there are savings to be made of up to 52% of the cost of the bike.the scheme covers up to €1000 but you can add more to it if you want .

Didn't know about that, bit unfortunately were I working have to drive.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:16pm
You could a good second hand racer for about 500 yoyos....I cycle to work eveyday on it... Will get you fit alright...!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

It doesnt matter if you drive to work or not.Scheme is called cycle to work but there is no one checking this actually happens.

http://www.bikescheme.ie/

Edited by rossieman - 19 Jan 2013 at 4:19pm
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:20pm

It doesnt matter if you drive to work or not.Scheme is called cycle to work but there is no one checking this actually happens.

http://www.bikescheme.ie/

Good man I will have a look at that over the weekend.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:33pm
I got a bike on the scheme a couple of years ago, I love getting out for a cycle on the love evenings in the Summer.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

I got a bike on the scheme a couple of years ago, I love getting out for a cycle on the love evenings in the Summer.

Love evenings?? Keep that info to yourself
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:40pm
Signed up for this, the UK version, waiting for the voucher to arrive so I can get me rothar and out on the open road.

Edited by Hoosay - 19 Jan 2013 at 4:41pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 4:46pm
Got my bike in it not quite a mamil yet

Middle aged man in Lycra

Did a few 100km sportives and loved them. Great way to relax and for anyone carryin weight it's the best thing along with swimming as its zero impact. Running is not advisable for the rotund lad or girl.
AKA pedantic kunt
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:20pm
love me bikes, all 3 of them but im considering selling my old road bike if i can get a decent price for it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

love me bikes, all 3 of them but im considering selling my old road bike if i can get a decent price for it

Whats the bike you are selling?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:25pm

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm

2011 trek 1.2

http://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en/bikes/2011/archive/12

You should have no problem selling that.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm

2011 trek 1.2

done a 85km cycle on my mates Trek mountain bike version of this last summer before i got my racer. very comfortable but the lads were on racers and left me for dust LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 5:49pm

2011 trek 1.2

You should have no problem selling that.

probably not, just unsure whether to actually sell it or keep it as a training bike for use in the weather we are having now

cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:41pm

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Love evenings?? Keep that info to yourself

Embarrassed I meant long eveningsLOL
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 6:59pm

2011 trek 1.2

how much is a bike like that ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic