You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cycling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 10:32pm
When I was a kid (12 or so) I got a notion to cycle to Slane. Myself and a few mates headed out from Finglas. I was grand with the padded saddle on the Raleigh Bomber but the lads with the BMX bikes were in bits. One of the lads had to take the next day off school because he could barely walk
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Rented a bike on the greenway in Waterford. They gave me a road bike. Never seen tyres so small. Never used a road bike before. Hands and arse are Fair sore. And every hump and bump was painful. But I got a flat tyre so I gave the company a call. They dropped out a replacement bike. It was a hybrid one. Much better to use. Got to say I really enjoyed the cycling today. But for cyclists does the pain from the saddle go away after continuing use ?
YEah a lot of bikes these days come with basica saddles and wheels, anyone doing long distance on them tend to upgrade both to find something to suit your build. Surprised they gave ya a road bike for a greenway cycle really
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

When I was a kid (12 or so) I got a notion to cycle to Slane. Myself and a few mates headed out from Finglas. I was grand with the padded saddle on the Raleigh Bomber but the lads with the BMX bikes were in bits. One of the lads had to take the next day off school because he could barely walk

When I was about 5 or 6 my teacher chastised me for using the word "kid", saying it's a goat.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

When I was about 5 or 6 my teacher chastised me for using the word "kid", saying it's a goat.
fairly apt in Paulies case ShockedBig smile
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

fairly apt in Paulies case ShockedBig smile

Absolutely. Kid at heart
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Rented a bike on the greenway in Waterford. They gave me a road bike. Never seen tyres so small. Never used a road bike before. Hands and arse are Fair sore. And every hump and bump was painful. But I got a flat tyre so I gave the company a call. They dropped out a replacement bike. It was a hybrid one. Much better to use. Got to say I really enjoyed the cycling today. But for cyclists does the pain from the saddle go away after continuing use ?

I've gone back to cycling with a greenway opening this summer and borrowed a friend's mountain bike and was blown after about 3km. Bought a road bike after a few weeks and did the same cycle no bother but the same as yourself, the arse was in bits.

It took about 3 weeks for the arse to get used to it, but the road bike makes any sort of distance much easier.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 8:33am
Grab a cheap pair of padded shorts next time in aldi or lidl, you be amazed the difference they make,, can throw a pair of normal shorts on over them, to avoid going on a register :)
Getting old and intolerant
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2022 at 11:10pm
2024 Tour de France to finish with a final stage Time Trial in Nice

Will be the first time in 35 years since LeMond snatched the Yellow jersey from Fignon by 8 seconds in the 1989 Tour that the final stage will be a time trial

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Dec 2022 at 11:11pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 8:37pm
Ben Healy wins stage in the Giro. Have to say hadn’t heard of him.
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2023 at 8:20am
Born in UK but his father has Irish connection. 
I had the stage on the TV so kept an eye on it. 200km and he blew them away. On the front a lot to sustain the breakaway and rode the last 50 on his own flying up hills when group behind were finding it tough going. It was so good a performance it would make you wonder was he having some 'assistance'. 
Only 22 years old so fair play to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic