You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cycling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 7:25pm
Id cycle everywhere if it didnt piss rain every day in Galway.
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Andkend Andkend wrote:

Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

2011 trek 1.2

http://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en/bikes/2011/archive/12

how much is a bike like that ?

about €900 new

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 8:19pm
Looks great -

Road cycling is so dangerous here in Poland - fantastic cycles in the forests and 100's of Km of national forest with cycle routes by lakes and its very flat so you can really do Km's most are connected to the rail routes and its 5pln to bring the bike on the train, but they are dirt tracks and you'd get a puncture even with a mountain bike - even in the city people cycle on the footpath and not on the road -

That sort of bike is strictly for the road yeah?
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 8:26pm
for all you mountainbikers there is an new 1.5 miilion stg trail opening in Rostrevor in April was talking to one of the contractors he said that it will bring thousands of people into the area only problem is we have no hotelThumbs Down

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 8:45pm
Looks great -

http://www.tempohousing.com/projects/festivilla.html

These type of container homes are popular here in Poland -

I have been windsurfing on lakes and stayed in this type of accomadation - also lots of Kayaking routes between lakes - Farmers have them on land - you pay 300pln and have the accomadation and kayaks, the guy drives you to the kayaking start, you kayak down the river to your accomadation - start off the next day and head off and he picks you up at the end of the day - so many beautiful forests and routes -

In Poland they call it Agrotourism

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2013 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Rostrevor Fan Rostrevor Fan wrote:

for all you mountainbikers there is an new 1.5 miilion stg trail opening in Rostrevor in April was talking to one of the contractors he said that it will bring thousands of people into the area only problem is we have no hotelThumbs Down

yeah its supposed to be great alright, think theres some good trail near the quarry on the warrenpoint dual carriage way, always see plenty of people parked up there at the weekend

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 1:34am
What you looking for for your road bike shoco
AKA pedantic kunt
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2013 at 2:25pm
about 550

its a 52cm frame with a triple chain ring

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 10:47am
http://www.poznantriathlon.pl/en/

This is men only - and has road biking - info in english for any triathlete fans.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 12:08pm
Got me a bike last summer and was cycling about 20 miles a day - I lost nearly a stone in weight, but more or less gave up when the dark nights came in and put a half stone back on over Christmas.

Since I quit smoking three years ago I'd steadily put on weight and could see it continuing if I didn't do something more energetic than golf.
I was driving everywhere, like the 1 mile trip to the local shops/bookies etc.
I was driving maybe 6-10 miles everyday just doing routine stuff. 

Roll on the end of March!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Got me a bike last summer and was cycling about 20 miles a day - I lost nearly a stone in weight, but more or less gave up when the dark nights came in and put a half stone back on over Christmas.

Since I quit smoking three years ago I'd steadily put on weight and could see it continuing if I didn't do something more energetic than golf.
I was driving everywhere, like the 1 mile trip to the local shops/bookies etc.
I was driving maybe 6-10 miles everyday just doing routine stuff. 

Roll on the end of March!

SU.......have you considered buying these amazing inventions?.........apparently using them will allow you to cycle in the dark Thumbs Up

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 1:58pm

This is men only - and has road biking - info in english for any triathlete fans.

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

That looks feckin perfect. Doesn't suit my race plans this eyar but would absolutely love to do it next year. How hot would Poznan typically be that weekend?

Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

That looks feckin perfect. Doesn't suit my race plans this eyar but would absolutely love to do it next year. How hot would Poznan typically be that weekend?

August is the warmest month, but it can be humid and rainy - heavy and really sweaty -

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 4:13pm
Got a lend of a mates bike there today. He had knee surgery during the week so wont be needing it for a while.

Gonna try and cycle everyday for an hour and see how much i can improve the fitness
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 4:41pm

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

August is the warmest month, but it can be humid and rainy - heavy and really sweaty -

Like the girls in the Fat Thread.  boom boom 
AKA pedantic kunt
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2013 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

OOOOHHHHHH!!!!!

Like the girls in the Fat Thread.  boom boom 

unreal!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:13pm
The lockdown has not been good for the weight so just signed up for the bike to work and got myself a road bike. I've never had one. Always mountain bikes and one hybrid yoke.

Just took it for a spin. Hands are sore, back sore (just to the position you need to take) and my hole is sore... f**k sakes 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The lockdown has not been good for the weight so just signed up for the bike to work and got myself a road bike. I've never had one. Always mountain bikes and one hybrid yoke.

Just took it for a spin. Hands are sore, back sore (just to the position you need to take) and my hole is sore... f**k sakes 

Aye, that'll happen if you start going about in Lycra at your age.
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic