You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rip Off Ireland Alive and Well Still

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 6:36pm
Dublin bus as well hiking annually. Cheapest fare now 1.65, was 1.05 2-3 years ago. With transport you dont have a choice but with pubs, if they retain those rip off prices its only because gombeens are paying those prices. May as well part fools from their money I say. If Anyone here was a publican and could increase prices if You knew people would pay them, ye would!
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 6:44pm
Pint in the local is now 5.10

Fookin scandalous
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by ODCO ODCO wrote:

Confused I never said there wasn't deals to be got. Just highlighting that some f**ks are ripping people offThumbs Up

Irish rail prices are after rocketing up recently, absolute rip off now.

To get the online discounts you need to book at least a week in advance.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Ireland is expensive but Dublin is unreal, a pint in Dublin can cost €2 more than other places in Ireland. All the people coming over for the Gathering won't come back because of the prices.
 That is the thing though. Plenty of pubs in town running great promotions for drink. €3.30 a pint in O'Reilly's and €3 a bottle in MacTurcaills. I'm sure there's loads more around town as well. That said, plenty of rip off's around Dublin city centre as well. I was in the International bar a few weeks ago, ordered two pints of Heineken, handed over a tenner and the girl asked me for another 30 cent. What a bloody joke.

Try the Temple Bar pub. You won't get 3 pints for a score.

Holy Jaysus - 3 Pints in my local GAA club £7.80 stg
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:21pm

Ireland is expensive but Dublin is unreal, a pint in Dublin can cost €2 more than other places in Ireland. All the people coming over for the Gathering won't come back because of the prices.
 That is the thing though. Plenty of pubs in town running great promotions for drink. €3.30 a pint in O'Reilly's and €3 a bottle in MacTurcaills. I'm sure there's loads more around town as well. That said, plenty of rip off's around Dublin city centre as well. I was in the International bar a few weeks ago, ordered two pints of Heineken, handed over a tenner and the girl asked me for another 30 cent. What a bloody joke.

True but I'd rather have a pint there than the Inter. Ya can be sure to get a dirty glass full of flies and gone off beer in the InterDead
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Dublin bus as well hiking annually. Cheapest fare now 1.65, was 1.05 2-3 years ago.Dublin bus as well hiking annually. Cheapest fare now 1.65, was 1.05 2-3 years ago. With transport you dont have a choice but with pubs, if they retain those rip off prices its only because gombeens are paying those prices. May as well part fools from their money I say. If Anyone here was a publican and could increase prices if You knew people would pay them, ye would!

The nightlink has gone up to 5.70 this week too. This the problem with such a monopoly. My weekly ticket is up to €25 from €23, which isnt bad considering the use i get out of it.  Realistically they could put it up to €60-€70 and id still have to use them.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:52pm

Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Confused I never said there wasn't deals to be got. Just highlighting that some f**ks are ripping people offThumbs Up

Irish rail prices are after rocketing up recently, absolute rip off now.

To get the online discounts you need to book at least a week in advance.

No you don't its 3 days in advance

The 2 days for the next level of pricing

And finally with 1 day in advance they go full price.

For ennis it's is

15 single for 3 days in advance

23 single for 2 days

30 single full price 1 day and day of travel

AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Dublin bus as well hiking annually. Cheapest fare now 1.65, was 1.05 2-3 years ago.Dublin bus as well hiking annually. Cheapest fare now 1.65, was 1.05 2-3 years ago. With transport you dont have a choice but with pubs, if they retain those rip off prices its only because gombeens are paying those prices. May as well part fools from their money I say. If Anyone here was a publican and could increase prices if You knew people would pay them, ye would!

The nightlink has gone up to 5.70 this week too. This the problem with such a monopoly. My weekly ticket is up to €25 from €23, which isnt bad considering the use i get out of it.  Realistically they could put it up to €60-€70 and id still have to use them.

UK has private travel and have some of the most expensive travel in Europe. France and Germany have state owned and are cheaper

Ireland has the lowest subsidy levels in Europe hence the need for them to put up their prices. Most other country put high level of government subsidies into their transport as they know it promotes economic activity and is helpful for a socially cohesive society.
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 7:56pm

True but I'd rather have a pint there than the Inter. Ya can be sure to get a dirty glass full of flies and gone off beer in the InterDead

International has one of the nicest pints of Guinness in Dublin

Edited by Baldrick - 11 Jan 2013 at 7:56pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

No you don't its 3 days in advance

The 2 days for the next level of pricing

And finally with 1 day in advance they go full price.

For ennis it's is

15 single for 3 days in advance

23 single for 2 days

30 single full price 1 day and day of travel

You and Gaz would be good in business Baldy.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:06pm
I drove home at Christmas and it cost me more than sixty euro so not sure how its a rip off.

Trains have to be fuelled also and as everybody knows petrol prices have shot up and government subsidies have been cut also.
AKA pedantic kunt
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:11pm
How much is a vodka in Dublin I got a vodka in Waterford for €3.90. Couldn't believe it.
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:22pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused It's a sh*thole full of crusties who don't wash and neither are the glasses
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:25pm
Last time I was in there I was given a can of beer
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:29pm

If you can the annual bus pass from your job go for it. Could be gone up slightly but it's not much more than a tenner a week and you can use it at weekends and for the nightlink, airlink etc.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Last time I was in there I was given a can of beer
I'd well believe .itLOL Smythies local BSM I think that sums it up !
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:35pm

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused It's a sh*thole full of crusties who don't wash and neither are the glasses

that may be true but it still has one of the nicest pints of Guinness in Dublin.
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 8:36pm

If you can the annual bus pass from your job go for it. Could be gone up slightly but it's not much more than a tenner a week and you can use it at weekends and for the nightlink, airlink etc.

Depends on what tax band you are on but my dart and bus ticket work out about 13 euro net a week and that includes the airlink and nightlink as you say. 

13 euro a weeks a bargain. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic