You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rip Off Ireland Alive and Well Still

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rip Off Ireland Alive and Well Still
    Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:12pm
They wanted €7.75 for a 12.5 gram pouch of tobacco yesterday evening in my local Spar. They were out of boxes (also 12.5G) which contain papers and filters and are €5.00...the 12.5g pouches have No filters and papers. WTFConfused Naturally I walked.

I was told by someone that the Price of a pint of stout in the Old Stand in town is now €5.20Confused
Never liked those pricks anyway ever since they wouldn't put on Rovers versus Bray for me a few years ago. Was told it was "a rugby pub" t**sers. I heard Gordon Darcy bought it not sure if that's true though.

This prick who runs a restaurant near my work that makes good pizzas and hot chicken sambos etc that i frequented a lot last year told me that everything is gone up. So a Pizza is now €7 instead of €6 a week ago and a mineral is €1.20 up from €1. Unlucky for him I won't be back.

Anymore ****s trying to take the piss in the New Year so far ?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:14pm
Abbey TravelThumbs Up
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:15pm
Ireland is expensive but Dublin is unreal, a pint in Dublin can cost €2 more than other places in Ireland. All the people coming over for the Gathering won't come back because of the prices.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:18pm
One of the worst pints of Guinness Ive gotten in Galway, The House Hotel - €4.90

Infuriated I walked out of there all the way to McSwiggans in woodquay for a much nicer Pint of porter at the swashbuckling price of €3 ClapClap Unbelievable stuff from the Gents in there.
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Ireland is expensive but Dublin is unreal, a pint in Dublin can cost €2 more than other places in Ireland. All the people coming over for the Gathering won't come back because of the prices.
 That is the thing though. Plenty of pubs in town running great promotions for drink. €3.30 a pint in O'Reilly's and €3 a bottle in MacTurcaills. I'm sure there's loads more around town as well. That said, plenty of rip off's around Dublin city centre as well. I was in the International bar a few weeks ago, ordered two pints of Heineken, handed over a tenner and the girl asked me for another 30 cent. What a bloody joke.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That is the thing though. Plenty of pubs in town running great promotions for drink. €3.30 a pint in O'Reilly's and €3 a bottle in MacTurcaills. I'm sure there's loads more around town as well. That said, plenty of rip off's around Dublin city centre as well. I was in the International bar a few weeks ago, ordered two pints of Heineken, handed over a tenner and the girl asked me for another 30 cent. What a bloody joke.

Exactly, if people shop around you will get good value, more the fool whoever pays the extortionate prices, plenty of deals in pubs around Dublin.

Edited by Sono - 11 Jan 2013 at 5:25pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:31pm
I'm sure the high rates businesses pay has a part in them charging higher prices
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Abbey TravelThumbs Up
LOL Forgot about them f**ks
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Exactly, if people shop around you will get good value, more the fool whoever pays the extortionate prices, plenty of deals in pubs around Dublin.

Confused I never said there wasn't deals to be got. Just highlighting that some f**ks are ripping people offThumbs Up
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Abbey TravelThumbs Up

LOL

you dont mince your words kerzy anyway 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by IrishPride IrishPride wrote:

One of the worst pints of Guinness Ive gotten in Galway, The House Hotel - €4.90

Infuriated I walked out of there all the way to McSwiggans in woodquay for a much nicer Pint of porter at the swashbuckling price of €3 ClapClap Unbelievable stuff from the Gents in there.

mcswiggans do pints at €3? is that still on. mates arecoming down for the united pool game on sunday. might head there if thats the price
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:37pm
Had the misfortune of being in Cafe en Seine one night and a pint of Bulmers after 11pm was €6.20.

Re: The tobacco, get a cheap flight to Portugal and get the 50 gram packs for €4 each. Be easy to pay for your flight. My oul fella buys about 50 packs and it does him for most of the year and he saves about €700.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by ODCO ODCO wrote:

Confused I never said there wasn't deals to be got. Just highlighting that some f**ks are ripping people offThumbs Up

Irish rail prices are after rocketing up recently, absolute rip off now.

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:41pm

jokeshop
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:42pm

Fcuking dead right.Can't believe how nobody else has said this before.
Used to be 40e return from Castlebar to Dublin.Think a one way was more expensiveConfused
Then it was great value if you booked online (about 10e midweek) now gone back up to 40e (online) in the space of a year or so WTF?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 5:47pm
I heard a spokesperson from Irish rail saying the reason for the hike was not enough using their service so they now have penalised the people already using them, disgraceful.

Edited by Sono - 11 Jan 2013 at 5:47pm
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 6:18pm
just as a matter of interest ,whats the dearest place for a pint of Guinness in Dublin(not including hotels)?
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2013 at 6:21pm

Try the Temple Bar pub. You won't get 3 pints for a score.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic