You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

your favourite year of your life and why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: your favourite year of your life and why?
    Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:26am
E.g.2002 etc..

Must name the year for legal reasons oyherwise your post is null and void
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:14am
2007: Became a daddy, no better feeling than holding your son in your arms for the first time.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 7:44am
2003/2004 college year.drinking on monday afternoons as the norm. had some craic back then
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 8:20am
This one as it is looking mor and more likely I will fulfill an ambition I have had since I was 16. Unfortunately it isn't Chloe from Home and Away.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 9:09am
2002 - I went to Australia for the year and was in Thailand for the World Cup.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:29pm
2005 - Just came off the full time FAS Football Course, won a league and national cup with Home Farm, signed for Dublin City, made my senior debut and won promotion (the fact we relegated Shamrock Rovers made it all the sweeter) and then signed on for another 2 years. 

Outside of football, I started college and met some brilliant people. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:52pm
Hummm 1990 was some year for so many reasons .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:55pm
03/04....first year in college.....brilliant
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

2005 - Just came off the full time FAS Football Course, won a league and national cup with Home Farm, signed for Dublin City, made my senior debut and won promotion (the fact we relegated Shamrock Rovers made it all the sweeter) and then signed on for another 2 years. 

Clap
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:36pm
Friends wise- think it was 2006 went inter railing, best craic ever
Family wise 2010- Became an uncle, god father, got married, had a little girl
Football wise 2012- ended my first year as player manager of the local club, 3rd in league and beaten finalists in league cup also went to my first international tournamnet supporting Ireland
Read it 3 times before posting
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 1:53pm
last year , became a godfather in jan  ,  got married in june , fantastice wedding , bought a new house , got a great new job , nobody died ( this had been happening a bit too much in the years previous to last year )or got sick ( or if they did they then got the all clear )  , had a great year careerwise, really enjoyed the year in london with my mates and family there  , had a few great trips , poland , all ireland final , honeymoon , it was the best year in a long time . roll on 2013.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:07pm

The Good aul days Bluey! Smile
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:23pm
It's a toss up between 2008 and 2012

Although only 17, started going out regularly at home and beyond. Done the Leaving Cert and went straight into college and probably had the best couple of months ever in Letterkenny. Made countless friends that year, great memories.

Celtic won their 3rd League title in a row in dramatic fashion. With 8 games to go, they were 7 points behind Rangers with one game more played. 7 straight victories (including 2 memorable Old Firm games) they went to Dundee, on the final day of the season, ahead on goal difference, where a Vennegoor of Hesselink header sealed the 3 in a Row.

Liverpool were flying in that calendar year also, but it would be 2009 before normal service resumed and they'd f**k it up.

Started the year by making my return to Gaelic Football after 2 and a half years out. Got fit again as a result and had great craic playing with my club. Later that year, fulfilled a personal and family ambition when I joined the local soccer club my uncle founded before his untimely passing a couple of years before I was born.

Great banter was had with my class in our final year of college, only downside was the end of it. Passed my exams and Graduated in October.

Moved back home. No bereavements or severe illness' to worry about which occurred more than once the year before.

Celtic won their first League title in 4 years, Liverpool won their first trophy in 6 years (only high point of Dalglish return)

Went to my first All-Ireland final in September, my 2nd 3 weeks later, great experiences, if not results.

The months leading up to Euro 2012, finding out I was going there, Poland, Poznan, Gdansk, getting hooked on the away scene - Priceless

Edited by Del-Piero - 09 Jan 2013 at 3:13pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

last year , became a godfather in jan  ,  got married in june , fantastice wedding , bought a new house , got a great new job , nobody died ( this had been happening a bit too much in the years previous to last year )or got sick ( or if they did they then got the all clear )  , had a great year careerwise, really enjoyed the year in london with my mates and family there  , had a few great trips , poland , all ireland final , honeymoon , it was the best year in a long time . roll on 2013.

I thought that your fav year might be 1933 with the passing of the Enabling Act
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

The months leading up to Euro 2012, finding out I was going there, Poland, Poznan, Gdansk, getting hooked on the away scene - Priceless
Priceless? It cost me two grand.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:35pm

Is that the season that Rovers were deducted 8 points?

Did you play in many games that season or in the playoff games?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 2:58pm
Last year for sure, graduated from college, spent entire weeks on ticket portal just to be able to experience th feeling of gettin ticket to Spain game, the trip to Poland, coming home to see Donegal win another ulster tile and bet the might Kerry in 1/4s and cork in semi final, the whole build up to the all Ireland final and living out a boyhood dream to see Donegal won an all Ireland and witnessing it with my brother made it extra special, the all Ireland celebration that seemed to go on forever

If 2013 bring half as many memorable moments it will be a good year
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Priceless? It cost me two grand.

I knew adding priceless at that end could cause comment LOL i never bothered calculated what it actually cost me but i'm fairly sure it wasn't 2 grand for myself

Edited by Del-Piero - 09 Jan 2013 at 3:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic