You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bus Strike

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bus Strike
    Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:56pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 12:58pm
This was only a matter of time, the railway could be next. CIE has a massive deficit in it's budget, however I think they have been on a pay freeze for the last number of years. I think this particular union isn't in the congress because of it's very hardline and usually gets what it wants.

Edited by corkery - 07 Jan 2013 at 1:00pm
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:04pm
I'm sure the boys in green will be sent out to drive the buses.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I'm sure the boys in green will be sent out to drive the buses.

I doubt trap will be too happy with that
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2013 at 1:19pm
Mourane Fellainis father is a bus driver in BelgiumCool
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 5:22pm
SIPTU are balloting for industrial action, NBRU are likely to follow.
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:14pm
The First of what may turn out to be the worst year of Industrial Unrest in the History of the State!
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Dukla View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dukla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:18pm
Seriously how often have Siptu union members voted for industrial action & in the end it gets called of at the eleventh hour.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 7:20pm
Where do they get off?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Dukla Dukla wrote:

Seriously how often have Siptu union members voted for industrial action & in the end it gets called of at the eleventh hour.

Those in the NBRU called them Slip though. NBRU were not allowed into the ICTU because of their more militant stance, I suppose that's why they have handy enough wages.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:26am
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:42am
well this is going to make getting to work interesting from next week Shocked
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:43am
My best mate works for bus eireann. He said he only voted for dtrike action because all the lads were. He hasn't a clue about the issues except it affects the longer serving drivers more. I looked at him at the weekend in total bewilderment. The country id fooked if that's the general thinking/actions of public service servants. Voting for strike action because you don't know what's happening and figure out its the best thing to do because all the lads are doing it.

What the poor fookin public who rely on thr bus service...what are they going to do?

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 May 2013 at 8:45am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:48am
Privatise the fookin lot!!!
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:51am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

If it goes private people can forget about rural bus services and a around the clock service. If the company is looking to save money the best people to ask are those who work inside the organisation not bureaucrats  
mrs broonies bhoys View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrs broonies bhoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:54am

I thought i you were dead Thatcher
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:56am

If it goes private people can forget about rural bus services and a around the clock service. If the company is looking to save money the best people to ask are those who work inside the organisation not bureaucrats  

rural bus services are muck anyway
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

rural bus services are muck anyway
Tell that to the man or woman who get brought to the hospital for healthcare treatment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic