You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best part of Cork?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:33pm

Not putting a welcome to Limerick sign up as that's worse than Cork!
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

I like Cork city. Some cracking bars and had some class nights out after Derry City away games. The Abbott Ale house has to be the best offy i've ever been in and theres a couple of cracking microbreweries.

Plus, this accent tends to go down well with the local lasses !

Of course you'd like it AM!

"One called Cork,
the rest is the north,
walking in an angry wonderland!"

Wink
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:35pm

I like Cork city. Some cracking bars and had some class nights out after Derry City away games. The Abbott Ale house has to be the best offy i've ever been in and theres a couple of cracking microbreweries.

You sure ? I reckon they are spending 3/4 of the conversation trying to decipher what the bleedin hell you are on about LOL 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:37pm
cracking bars????????plunket st has a few pubs on it...as i said kip.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

You sure ? I reckon they are spending 3/4 of the conversation trying to decipher what the bleedin hell you are on about LOL 

You love it as well ya bowsie!
@AntrimMan85
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:42pm
was going out with a girl from cork city a while back so spent plenty of time round it and had some the best nights out down there. and as antrimman said the accent goes down well once i got them to understand i was from donegal and not belfast LOL
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:38pm
Question for Cork lads.

New suit shop after opening up in the city centre down there, do any of ye know the name of the place?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:58pm
A kip? Have ye ever been to Dublin or Limerick, Cork's nothing special but I'm glad I'm not from them two cities.
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:11pm

I lived in Cork for about a year, I couldnt wait to get out of the kip and get back to Dublin.

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

A kip? Have ye ever been to Dublin or Limerick, Cork's nothing special but I'm glad I'm not from them two cities.

I'd say the population of Limerick and Dublin are more glad than you are.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Hey nothing wrong with limerick
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:37pm
Okay all of the posters on here who call it a Kip please explain the reasons for this point of view ?
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:48pm
Best county in Ireland Approve
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by deco911 deco911 wrote:

Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

Hey nothing wrong with limerick

Nothing right with it either Wink
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 3:53pm
Went down a few years back for a weekend, not the worst place in the world, had an altercation with a Cork man  here though, who hated anything Leinster related and  when i told him i was from Kildare he called me a "Jackeen Bastard" Confused
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 3:54pm
Decent city. Shame it's full of cork people
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:02pm
Washington street
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:06pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRm9Q2KfzBA

Tommy Tiernan sums it up nicely -

I have a huge soft spot for cork, alot of comparisons to Liverpool Siege mentality - The peoples republic of cork and all that - Its seen serious unemployment and hard times aka Charlie Haughy - its always been a fianna gael labour strong hold -

They always give the dubs a hard time, but its only banter and its a great place for characters and the banter.
Lots of Dubs happily living in cork -

West cork, awesome coast road to Dingle some of the best scenery, pubs and seafood in the world.

I always lived on the north side -

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic