You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcasts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

ya I was going to say that about Jarlath, it's a good idea for a podcast but its a pain listening to how he talks, hard to believe he does stand up comedy now, can't imagine how bad that would be 

I get annoyed when he starts talking about Currency Fair.. .. Its just a sh*te Revolut 

LOL
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

ya I was going to say that about Jarlath, it's a good idea for a podcast but its a pain listening to how he talks, hard to believe he does stand up comedy now, can't imagine how bad that would be 

I get annoyed when he starts talking about Currency Fair.. .. Its just a sh*te Revolut 
With every new podcast he seems to enjoy the Currency fair bit even more, anybody else would briefly mention it and that would keep them happy but he persists in bullsh*tting how great it is every time, I forgot to mention how annoying his laugh is, so forced 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:21am
I fail to see how he could make a living from stand-up comedy. Tevez's term "bootlicker" springs to mind whenever I hear him ask a guest a question.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 4:11pm
Yeah it's a shame - great idea of a Podcast but he's pretty awful. You can tell he's reading questions off a piece of paper and he halts the flow of the conversation by reverting back to a question he didn't ask earlier. Some of his questions are awful too, you can almost hear the confusion in the guests' voice
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:08pm
Those Conspiracy Guys - The maddie McCann episode. Ridiculous how her parents haven't been charged over her disappearance. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:20pm
If they were working class they would still be in jail.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 8:40pm
Mate of mine has started doing a podcast, now i was sceptical at first and only started on the 3rd episode but i must admit parts of them gave me a good laugh. Check it out if you're looking for a bit of a laugh and a not so serious podcast.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 2:01am
Podcast called 'something to wrestle with bruce prichard'. I was a big fan of wwf in the 90's and bruce prichard (brother love) was Vince McMahon right hand man for lot of it. Basically a very in depth, funny, interesting and revealing insight into wrestling. He does impressions of the likes of macho man, Vince McMahon and dusty Rhodes.
They pick a subject matter for each episode formulate the general discussion, e.g. a particular wrestler (e.g. hulk hogan, ultimate warrior, owen hart).a PPV (wrestlemania IV, summerslam 94) or a historic moment (Montreal screwjob, Steroids trial). Can get very personal too when they talk about the deaths in the company.

If you were a fan or wresting from the 80's til 2000ish then I'd say you'd like this

Edited by t_rAndy - 11 Dec 2018 at 2:06am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 10:57pm
Anybody listen to 'Quickly Kevin'? If anybody misses the fun and sense of innocence in football should listen to it. I have only listened to the first 10 or so and they have all been enjoyable, even when Nish Kumar was on it!
The episode devoted to Steve Bruce's novel was absolutely  hilarious.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 11:15pm

Blindboys podcast with Bernadette Devlin McAliskey was very good.

Edited by MC Hammered - 16 Jan 2019 at 11:16pm
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 4:21am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Blindboys podcast with Bernadette Devlin McAliskey was very good.

His live guests are generally very good; David McWilliams and Fin Dwyer were excellent.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:56am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Anybody listen to 'Quickly Kevin'? If anybody misses the fun and sense of innocence in football should listen to it. I have only listened to the first 10 or so and they have all been enjoyable, even when Nish Kumar was on it!
The episode devoted to Steve Bruce's novel was absolutely  hilarious.

Don't know how I missed this podcast but it's well worth a listen for fans of 90's football.

Just finished the 2-parter with Carlton Palmer. There really are no more characters left in the modern game.
Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:38am
sh*t town is a brilliant podcast. hillbilly genius in USA and his life. 7 episodes 

zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:08am
Louis Theroux has a new one on the BBC. I could listen to him talk about anything! 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:13am
Listening to Quickly Kevinnow. I like Josh Widdicombe Thumbs Up
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Louis Theroux has a new one on the BBC. I could listen to him talk about anything! 

would ya have a cheeky wank while listening along to it? 
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The episodes on the Steve Barnes detective novels are among the funniest things i've ever heard. Listened to them on the tube and looked like a proper wierdo* laughing away to myself. 

*More than usual
@AntrimMan85
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

The episodes on the Steve Barnes detective novels are among the funniest things i've ever heard. Listened to them on the tube and looked like a proper wierdo* laughing away to myself. 

*More than usual
Yeah, they are the best ones alright. I don't find Widdecombe that funny really, but he has a real boyish charm and is very likeable. Chris Scull comes across as your typical West Ham fan too! A complete idiot who has fronted his way to a career with West Ham, but his presence works on this. A pound shop Tim Lovejoy. 
The show reminds me of why I loved football growing up. They are all fans and love everything about it without taking it as seriously as the media do today. I have listened to it the whole way through and have loved it. There's been a few poor episodes that didn't sit right with me ( Rasputin Campbell) and a few less entertaining interviews, but overall it is my favourite podcast.

I would love to get a hold of Bruce's books!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 22>
  Share Topic