You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcasts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 7:37pm
No such thing as a fish is always good.

Football weekly and extra are superb. I occasionally listen to the world football phone in but they have so many irritating bastards. Just give Vickery a 45 minute show.
Alan Green's world football show is actually ok, for a **** I normally want to do time for.

Absolutely loved the genius of Mark Steel in town. Not sure if theyare all still available as podcasts. He does a few quality ones on history as well.

The Mr Bean podcast is class too.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

No such thing as a fish is always good.

Football weekly and extra are superb. I occasionally listen to the world football phone in but they have so many irritating bastards. Just give Vickery a 45 minute show.
Alan Green's world football show is actually ok, for a **** I normally want to do time for.

Absolutely loved the genius of Mark Steel in town. Not sure if theyare all still available as podcasts. He does a few quality ones on history as well.

The Mr Bean podcast is class too.

That's so true, there is some weird ****s that phone in to that podcast, I guess that's a symptom of the time of the morning it goes out at. Sometimes I feel like shouting get on with it at the fecking podcast in the car because it takes them so long to get a f**king question out. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 9:38pm
Some of the documentary on 1 podcasts from RTE were great and on a wide range of subjects.

While not being into canoeing or cycling I really enjoyed canoe bike.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_canoebike.xml
IG @flanno_7hi
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 10:31pm
Best podcast I've happened upon recently is Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. The 4 parter on WWI is the most epic thing I've ever heard. Blew my mind.

Other than that, it's The Guardian's Football Weekly/Extra, JRE, Duncan Trussell, TAW, The Corbett Report and Second Captains. Gave up on that Football Ramble one. The host thinks he's James Richardson and the rest try too hard to be funny.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Cover every aspect of history. That must be one serious long podcast :)

About as long as your boring posts Tongue

That's harsh Sasa , you can't really say whether bald ricks posts are boring or interesting, you can't just discern something straight off, you need to evaluate, check both sides of the story , looks at it from both angles, nothing is exactly as it seems , things far away can seem smaller, you can't judge a book by its cover , ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 8:08pm
Starting Serial now. Justice for Adnan.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:12am
Bump

I’ve been listening to Peter Crouch and he is very good.
Refreshingly honest and seems a good guy.

Definitely worth a listen.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 8:49am
West Cork Podcast is very good.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:10am
Any one in to history should listen to Fin Dwyer's Irish History podcast. In-depth content covering the last 1500 years of our history. When you listen to it, you just have to laugh at some of the spoof we learned in school.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is brilliant. Basically covers a topic over the course of 5 episodes. Wrath of Khan's (about Genghis Khan and the Mongols) and the WWI series are fantastic.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, The Magic Sponge is well worth listening to, especially the episodes with Graham Stack and Tony Warner, some of the stories are hilarious. Rob Beckett is one annoying c*nt though.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:13am
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Best podcast I've happened upon recently is Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. The 4 parter on WWI is the most epic thing I've ever heard. Blew my mind.

Other than that, it's The Guardian's Football Weekly/Extra, JRE, Duncan Trussell, TAW, The Corbett Report and Second Captains. Gave up on that Football Ramble one. The host thinks he's James Richardson and the rest try too hard to be funny.

Just noticed you had already posted this in the thread. Cannot be over stated how good it is.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:14am

The Joe Rogan Experience.Thumbs Up

You were well ahead of the curve H2H Clap
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Just noticed you had already posted this in the thread. Cannot be over stated how good it is.

sound! going to check this out! Clap
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:36am
I'll defo check out Hardcore Histories. Sounds very interesting. 

If you're in the market for lighthearted nonsense, then I can recommend Atletico Mince. The format is pretty simple, you have Bob Mortimer (of Shooting Stars fame) and Andy Dawson talking absolute bollox for about 40 minutes. It’s mainly a bit of sl*gging and comedy improv. There’s a very tenuous link to football and some of the jokes don’t work but overall it is a bit of fun. It’s switch your brain off stuff.

Some of Blindboy Boatclubs Podcasts are very good too. I really enjoyed the history of disco one where he argued credibly that its origins were much more punk than any other form of music. His mental health episodes are defo worth a listen also.

El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

If you're in the market for lighthearted nonsense, then I can recommend Atletico Mince. The format is pretty simple, you have Bob Mortimer (of Shooting Stars fame) and Andy Dawson talking absolute bollox for about 40 minutes. It’s mainly a bit of sl*gging and comedy improv. There’s a very tenuous link to football and some of the jokes don’t work but overall it is a bit of fun. It’s switch your brain off stuff.

Some of Blindboy Boatclubs Podcasts are very good too. I really enjoyed the history of disco one where he argued credibly that its origins were much more punk than any other form of music. His mental health episodes are defo worth a listen also.

Some class episodes alright. The ones on the Vietnam war, gin history, poitin, and tragic dog history are class. 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:07am

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Some class episodes alright. The ones on the Vietnam war, gin history, poitin, and tragic dog history are class. 
Himself interviewing Spike Lee is brilliant listening 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:13am

Any one in to history should listen to Fin Dwyer's Irish History podcast. In-depth content covering the last 1500 years of our history. When you listen to it, you just have to laugh at some of the spoof we learned in school.

I have listened to a good few of these, they really are brilliant. He has a great style of delivery which really helps.

I was never a fan of Maeve O'Higgins comedy, but her podcast 'Maeve in America' used to be really enjoyable.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Bump

I’ve been listening to Peter Crouch and he is very good.
Refreshingly honest and seems a good guy.

Definitely worth a listen.

Yeah he's very good, hilarious f**ker too
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:47am
Just looking at my previous answers and the only one I still listen to is nfl rants and raves.

I would say podcasts and the fact that I'm an old **** is now why I don't recognise any new music. I cna't remember the last time I listened to the radio.

On my current rotation:

I'm alive - it's like a old style radio play about zombies (overdone I know but I enjoy it and they are short episodes)

The phenomenon - This is really good, very suspensful thriller about a strange attack on earht based on a badly written ebook available on amazon. The podcast is really well done. Season 2 is about to come out.

The dollop - I love this, it's two lads going through funny stories in american history. The lads can get annoying but the stories are normally good. They had one where they explained about why women weren't allowed to run in long distance races until the 60's and how the organiser of one marathon though that a woman's uterus would fall out if they ran that far.

The adventure zone and MBMBAM from the Mcillroy brothers.

Old school wrestling review - is 3 lads from Dublin that go through and take the piss out of old wrestling from the Hulk Hogan era.

IG @flanno_7hi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 22>
  Share Topic