You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Podcasts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Podcasts
    Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:17pm
Anyone recommend any decent ones?

Only have a few myself, Sunday supplement is decent, newstalk ones aren't bad, seen some father Ted ones, is it the episodes with just sound?

coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:19pm
football weekly on the guardian is great, similar to off the ball
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by coleman's coleman's wrote:

football weekly on the guardian is great, similar to off the ball

Good shout, nice one

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:23pm
There is a thread on this somewhere I think.

I have

Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo actually anything from BBC Five live is good

All the newstalk sports ones

Guardian Football Weekly

the times Football podcast

RTE ones. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 11:29pm
Cheers Baldy

Didnt realise there was another thread and never thought to search it.

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 9:58am
Currently listening to the 12th Jay and Silent Bob Get Old podcast, another 87 to go and a new one every week Big smile
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012 at 11:13am
for music check out the NPR podcasts , loads of great stuff every week and a massive archive

tiny desk concert
all songs considered
live concerts from all songs considered  
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2013 at 9:12pm
The Joe Rogan Experience.Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 1:57pm
The finale of Serial was out this morning. 12 episodes that analyse a murder which took place 15 years ago in Baltimore County. Worth a listen.

Edited by tribalarmy - 18 Dec 2014 at 1:57pm
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 2:39pm
Have subscribed to An Irishman Abroad with Jarlath Regan.

Graham Linehan and Ed Byrne the first two I've listened to, Dara O'Briain, Robert Sheehan, Dylan Moran, Tony Cascarino, Ardal O'Hanlon, Steve Collins, Jason McAteer and Johnny Vegas just some examples of others, enjoyed them so far
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 2:48pm
I listen to a podcast called Stuff you Missed in History Class. Its done by 2 american women. They are a bit annoying but some of the topics they cover are really interesting. They cover every aspect of history which is mostly unknown. Last night I listened to this one. It was interesting.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 2:51pm
Cover every aspect of history. That must be one serious long podcast :)
AKA pedantic kunt
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 3:06pm
No such thing as a fish.

Stuff you should know.

Irish history podcast.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Cover every aspect of history. That must be one serious long podcast :)

About as long as your boring posts Tongue
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Have subscribed to An Irishman Abroad with Jarlath Regan.

Graham Linehan and Ed Byrne the first two I've listened to, Dara O'Briain, Robert Sheehan, Dylan Moran, Tony Cascarino, Ardal O'Hanlon, Steve Collins, Jason McAteer and Johnny Vegas just some examples of others, enjoyed them so far

Highly recomend these.  Some really really good ones. Darren O'Dea one is good - lots about the maddness in Ukraine.  The Bressie one is pretty good as well - fairly emotional chat about mental health.  Chris O'Dowd one is very funny too.

I quite like the Radio 5 Live Film Review podcast with mark kermode.  Don't always agree with his movie reviews but enoy the podcast. 

Team Emmet
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 4:02pm
I listen to podcasts on my commute really passes the time well. Some of my favourites are;

The comedy button -  which is run by some lads that do or used to work at IGN. Might not be to everyones tastes but I find it hilarious.
NFL rants and raves - Run by Steven Miranda who does the NFL reports on SSN
No such thing as a fish - By the QI researchers. Is short and interesting.
Freakonomics Radio - which looks at economics and research in a very interesting and easyily accessible way.
5 live world football phone in - great podcast by the bbc discussing football in South America, Europe and Africa.
The football attic - a gem of a podcast although there are long gaps between them about old football, Nostalgia and things like sticker albums, kits and subutteo.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

The finale of Serial was out this morning. 12 episodes that analyse a murder which took place 15 years ago in Baltimore County. Worth a listen.

Looking forward to listening to episode 12 on my way home Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2014 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

GReat show Clap
4 remaining myself
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
  Share Topic