You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 75>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Derf Backderf- My Friend Dahmer

I've never really got into graphic novels, they are usually not about things I have an interest in, but the subject here, growing up as a school friend of arguably America's most notorious serial killer, is fascinating. I enjoy his artwork too.

Yeah, I'm sure you do
It is comic book drawing, not the ceiling on the Sistine Chapel. You will either like it or you won't.

I'm not much of a graphical novel guy PM but I'd recommend Maus by Art Spiegelman if you haven't read it. It was the first graphic novel to win a Pulitzer prize. It's an amazing way to tell a very harrowing story.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:36am
Just started 'The Great War for Civilisation' by Robert Fisk.

It'll take awhile to read with over 1200 pages. In the first few pages he was introduced to Osama bin Laden in Sudan by the one and only Jamil Khashoggi.

If its half as good as 'Pity the Nation' then it'll be a great read.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:00am
Just started "State of Play" by Michael Calvin.

Behind the scenes look at football.The other football books I've read from Calvin have been excellent,hopefully this is as good.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
Haven't read Angels with Dirty Faces but Behind the Curtain is a fantastic read.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Derf Backderf- My Friend Dahmer

I've never really got into graphic novels, they are usually not about things I have an interest in, but the subject here, growing up as a school friend of arguably America's most notorious serial killer, is fascinating. I enjoy his artwork too.

Yeah, I'm sure you do
It is comic book drawing, not the ceiling on the Sistine Chapel. You will either like it or you won't.

I'm not much of a graphical novel guy PM but I'd recommend Maus by Art Spiegelman if you haven't read it. It was the first graphic novel to win a Pulitzer prize. It's an amazing way to tell a very harrowing story.

Cheers, I will check it out. The story of 'My Friend Dahmer' is unbelievable, I believe the film did an alright job of it too.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:35pm
Just finished Phil Knights Shoe Dog . Have to say up there with one of the best books I’ve read. Interesting to here nextflix have bought the rights to it 
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
just started 'Brothers of the Gun: A Memoir of the Syrian War - Marwan Hisham'

Marwan and his two mates, and their involvement in the risings from 2011 onwards. one joins ISIS, another killed by Syrian gov't, and marwan becomes a journo exiled in turkey
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:49pm
Image result for kaiser book rob smyth
Starting this tomorrow
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 11:30am

Full Time: The Secret Life Of Tony Cascarino

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
Malcom Gladwell - Outliers

Probably only 25% in but it’s very good.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:26am
Clockwork Orange- Anthony Burgess
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Starting this tomorrow

Just finished it. He probable would have got away with murder if he committed one. Kind of a catch me if  you can of football. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Starting this tomorrow

Just finished it. He probable would have got away with murder if he committed one. Kind of a catch me if  you can of football. 

Yeah, quite funny how he got away with it. I liked the way some chapters went off and told the stories of Romario and Edmundo both characters in their own right.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2018 at 11:02am
The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

Insane to think what happened inside those concentration camps
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2018 at 3:45pm
Proof of Collusion by Seth Abramson

An incredible read and a must for anyone with an interest in geopolitics. The mother of all scandals is on the way.

Edited by colemanY2K - 17 Nov 2018 at 4:10pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 6:27am
Starting behind the curtain today
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 8:33am

Starting behind the curtain today
And finishing in the wardrobe?
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 4:33pm
Over half way through Eoin Hand - My life and Irish football. 

Very enjoyable. An honest account of his life and in particular his football career. He doesn't like the auld FAI that's for sure. The crap and battles he had with them is hard to believe. The story about the FAI booking a connecting flight to Argentina in the middle of the Fauklands war ... some of the Irish players were on UK passports at the time and were sh*tting themselves. ConfusedLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 75>
  Share Topic