You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 75>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 6:39pm
Game of Thrones, nearly finished the first book.
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Total Recall, Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography, pretty good so far!

thats next on my list.Heard its very good.

Have to say it is very good and this is before I've gotten to his movie career and time as the governator!
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:38pm
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:42pm
Howard  Marks...Mr.NICEThumbs Up
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Read that last year. Thats the last book I read.

Very enjoyable read. What a guy. Smuggled some amount of drugs and for decades spent pretty much all of his waking hours baked LOL
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 9:23pm
Mr Nice - sh*te.

Only good bit was his school days the rest was just one repetitive drug deal after another. Interesting life all the same
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

ex girlfriend gave me the book but never bothered reading it. must read it sometime

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:22pm
I have the 3Rd Ross o Carroll-Kelly book and A storm of swords part 1 on my to do list over the next month.
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:37pm
Grafters updated version
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2012 at 11:43pm
Behind the Curtain-Jonathan Wilson.Great read for anyone with interest in football from Eastern Europe
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Got a present of this and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Not one for fantasy or the likes but once I got over the first few chapters I was hooked. Definitely going to get the rest.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Behind the Curtain-Jonathan Wilson.Great read for anyone with interest in football from Eastern Europe
This, along with Jimmy Burns La Roja, is on my to read list. His writing is brilliant. He comes across as intelligent and likeable. Inverting the Pyramid is one of my favourite football books.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Got a present of this and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Not one for fantasy or the likes but once I got over the first few chapters I was hooked. Definitely going to get the rest.
Ah yeah, you can't beat a bit of A Song Of Ice And Fire.

If you like A Game Of Thrones, it's worth reading the rest of them.

A similar sort of writer (similar in terms of grittiness, violence and realism) is Joe Abercrombie, his books are brilliant.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:28pm
Picked this one up the other day

AKA pedantic kunt
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:37pm

This, along with Jimmy Burns La Roja, is on my to read list. His writing is brilliant. He comes across as intelligent and likeable. Inverting the Pyramid is one of my favourite football books.

Cheers for the heads up lads.

Just added three books to my to-read list. Which means the sum total on my list is currently three!
I enjoy JW's Tactics articles in World Soccer Magazine, didnt know he had a book on tactics, class!!!

Just checked out that La Roja book there, would be my kind of book too.

Nice one lads Clap
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:51pm
The blizzard is worth getting also.  not a book but a mazgine that is edited by Jonathon Wilson. Some of the best football writing out there and you can get e copies for as little as 1 cent. 

His Brian Clough book is excellent also.

Simon Kuper's books are great also. 
AKA pedantic kunt
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:54pm
Wolf Hall. Its about the live of Thomas Cromwell. Its good if you are into that type of thing.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:44pm

A must read for any football fan as far as I'm concerned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 75>
  Share Topic