You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 75>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Traceylad View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traceylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2013 at 12:58am
Don't know if its been mentioned but...... A life Too Short , The Tragedy Of Robert Enke -

Really got to me in places .

Tragic.

Edit - just seen other posters have read it!! Anyone who has not , I highly recommend.

Edited by Traceylad - 15 Mar 2013 at 1:01am
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2013 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by HateHenry HateHenry wrote:

Catcher in the rye , the worst thing I,ve ever picked up,and I have picked up some munters!

Ugh. Hate that overhyped piece of sh*t.
Me too...but im in that sh*t situation , start and if I stop I will never Know why it is so hyped....I have about 50 pages to go , so I should be done by 2029..it is awful shoite and I still have no clue what is going on or why??
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:44pm

Catcher in the rye , the worst thing I,ve ever picked up,and I have picked up some munters!

Ugh. Hate that overhyped piece of sh*t.
andrew80 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrew80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 11:14am
At the moment I am reading "Er ist wieder da" - a German bestseller. Google it and look at the cover, you will instantly know what it is about. I am wondering that it didn't start a long discussion over here. However, I don't like the writing style, even though I enjoy the idea.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:07am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

One of my favourite books. Genius!!

Just finished richer than God by David Conn. Like many books one tends to enjoy, it tells you what you want to hear and elaborates on it. He is still a very enjoyable journalist to read.

Just started Is this a man:The Truce, two books in one,by Primo Levi. Only forty pages in and it is already harrowing. Superbly told
Catcher in the Rye is a classic but not for everyone of course, finished it not too long ago really enjoyed it.

I myself am now reading Phantom of the Opera and Count of monte christo (800+ pages so will be awhile)
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 7:46am

One of my favourite books. Genius!!

Just finished richer than God by David Conn. Like many books one tends to enjoy, it tells you what you want to hear and elaborates on it. He is still a very enjoyable journalist to read.

Just started Is this a man:The Truce, two books in one,by Primo Levi. Only forty pages in and it is already harrowing. Superbly told
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 1:29am
Reading killing Pablo. Decent read thus far
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:42pm
Just finishing Please Don't Go, John Hartson. Didn't think much of it at the beginning but his battle with cancer definitely had me gripped. Amazing he survived it. Keep laughing to myself whenever Lance Armstrong is mentioned in it though cause before it I read Seven Deadly Sins (which btw is absolutely spectacular ClapClapClap)

Moving onto El Diego next Thumbs Up

Would also recommend Hillsborough: The Truth by Phil Scraton, who was involved panel which released the findings last September. It was around this time last year I took it out for an assignment and it is fascinating on many levels.

Edited by Del-Piero - 12 Mar 2013 at 10:46pm
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:39pm
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 10:10pm
Blessed by George Best (Autobiography) Fascinating and Sad, Good Read thoughCry
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:13pm
Anyone got a copy of Twelve Grand by Jonathan Rendall ?I'm trying to buy it but cant get my hands on it anywhere.
I have started watching a rerun of the tv series he made based on the book and would love to read it now.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2013 at 1:28pm
Just finished The Story of Anvil, pretty funny  and a good read , seen the documentry previously would recommend it also. You cant help but cheer for them
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 10:10pm
Recommended music bio's:

Brilliant book. Jim Morrison's a legend. Crazy f**ker!

Good read, highly recommend Thumbs Up

Anyone read any of Jo Nesbo's books? Have read The Snowman and Headhunters recently. Good books, very good author. Also read The Pillars of the Earth by Keith Follett. Didn't think it would be my kind of book but ended up loving it. Reading some thriller my parents got me for Christmas at the moment. It's called Don't Look Twice by Andrew Gross. It's ok, intriguing. Would like to read a good biography next. My brother got me Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for my birthday a while back. Don't think it will be my cup of tea if anyone wants to take it off me? 

Edited by Mr.Mojo Risin' - 15 Jan 2013 at 10:11pm
Ahh heya!
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 9:55pm
Stand up, sit down a choice to watch football, author Peter Caton explores the 23 reaming terraces in England and few in Germany, and how a serious of disasters and poor stadiums lead to the end of terraces, good read now.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I do not buy books anymore. The library is the place for saving a few bob.  Well the credit union is but you know what I mean Wink

yea. joined the library last year. saved a fortune and was handy with saving for poland. good selection of dvd boxsets also.

just finished bill o herlihys autobiography. really enjoyed it.

am reading "hope and heartbreak in toronto-life as a maple leafs fan". good so far. match tickets are the most expensive in the nhl aparently but they havent won the cup since 1967.....the same decade when pats last won the cup alsoCry

next up will be robert enkes book...started it over christmas but found it hard to get into it.

Edited by DG80 - 15 Jan 2013 at 9:41pm
cup champions
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I do not buy books anymore. The library is the place for saving a few bob.  Well the credit union is but you know what I mean Wink
I download them from torrent websites for the kindle.FreeThumbs Up 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

"the secert footballer"  still cant work out who he is
Rumours going around that it's Dave Kitson after The Secret Footballer did a radio interview without voice distortion and supposedly it sounded like him. Read the book though and it seems like The Secret Footballer played at the top level for longer than Kitson did!

Reading "To Hell or Barbados" by Sean O'Callaghan, about the 50k or so Irish slaves exported to the Carribbean and Virgina in the 1600's, unreal story, dont know how this is so unknown over here!

great read, has been recommended on here a few times
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2013 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

"the secert footballer"  still cant work out who he is
Rumours going around that it's Dave Kitson after The Secret Footballer did a radio interview without voice distortion and supposedly it sounded like him. Read the book though and it seems like The Secret Footballer played at the top level for longer than Kitson did!

Reading "To Hell or Barbados" by Sean O'Callaghan, about the 50k or so Irish slaves exported to the Carribbean and Virgina in the 1600's, unreal story, dont know how this is so unknown over here!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6768697071 75>
  Share Topic