You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What book are you reading at the moment ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 75>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 10:51pm
Got copy of susan Mc Kay’s northern Protestants on shifting ground 

Will start it when i finish the current one I am reading 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2022 at 10:48pm
Currently 6% into LAbyrinth: A Detective Investigates the Murders of Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G.

So far, it's giving a rundown of the history of the LAPD and the division on racial lines within the department leading into the Rodney King riots and OJ Simpson acquittal, which formed a backdrop to the murders of west coast rapper Tupac in Las Vegas, and east coast rapper Notorious B.I.G. in LA.

Very interesting stuff so far, and that's before the Tupac/Biggie feud and the involvement of Suge Knight and the Tupac-affiliated Bloods and the Biggie-affiliated Crips come into the equation.
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Book this was adapted from is 1 euro on Amazon today as part of their kindle daily deal.

Really good book and the show is a really faithful adaptation. Well worth a read and watch.   

Baltimore is really messed up place - although the aquarium is very good and nice area around the waterfront.
Team Emmet
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 2:49pm
Book this was adapted from is 1 euro on Amazon today as part of their kindle daily deal.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 25 Jun 2022 at 2:58pm
Millwallrob View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millwallrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 7:47pm
I’m reading “how to understand the mentality of a Liverpool fan”
Volume 1 of 257
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2022 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by BrenC BrenC wrote:

Muhammad Ali:Fifteen rounds in the wilderness by Dave Hannigan.  Covers Ali’s public life between  retirement and lighting the Olympic flame in Atlanta.  Really interesting insight into Ali the man and the uniqueness of his fame. 

Hannigan’s other two books on Ali are class as well. Especially The Big Fight on the time Ali fought in Dublin. 
I met Ali when he was here in 72.

When you say met, is that out for a walk met and had a chat. Or in a big crowd and he was there met. 

It would damage this forums' reputation
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Muhammad Ali:Fifteen rounds in the wilderness by Dave Hannigan.  Covers Ali’s public life between  retirement and lighting the Olympic flame in Atlanta.  Really interesting insight into Ali the man and the uniqueness of his fame. 

Hannigan’s other two books on Ali are class as well. Especially The Big Fight on the time Ali fought in Dublin. 

Very jealous!
Team Emmet
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 10:21pm

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Ham on Rye - Charles Bukowski

Barp. 

I read that on holidays a few weeks ago. The 4 hour flight flew by when reading it
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Formative book for me. One of the first adult books I started reading. Been ages since I read a Bukowski book but nothing compared to this one TBH. Very poignant and relatable stuff mixed in with some absolute filth that had me in stitches. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 5:00pm
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 2:54pm

Team Emmet
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 9:31am
Ranger 22. Interesting
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2022 at 8:51am
I'm currently reading the book below I got it for Fathers Day.

Lee Brilleaux: Rock n Roll Gentleman By Every Record Tells A Story on December 1, 2015 • ( 7 ) January 1976. Dr Feelgood are tearing up venues across the UK. “Malpractice”, their second album has reached the top twenty. Eighteen months earlier they were still playing two shows a

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2022 at 8:25pm
In Plain Sight. 

Grim but unputdownable. Like a car crash, you can't help but look. Dan Davies goes into forensic detail on Jimmy Savile's 60-year spree of sexual abuse and the institutional and societal failings that enabled him. This is supplemented by recountings of the author's own interviews with Savile. Obvious criticisms aside, Savile was a fascinating and enigmatic figure and full of intrigue. It's morbidly fascinating to observe the methods he used to "groom a nation" and equally frustrating to read about all the missed chances to bring him to justice; the constant threats and obstruction faced by the victims.

As an aside, I think I'm traumatised reading about the number of teenage girls and women who willingly slept with him. He's repulsive looking! Dead
BrenC View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can never find time to read a book lately. Have been using audible lately which I can then use in the gym or when feeding the baby which I find grand for things like autobiographies. Still think for like true crime or whatever probably would rather read it in the book itself.

Some books definitely  work better on audiobooks than others. I find them great for fiction when they have multiple actors doing different parts.  Works for books written in first person as well like autobiographies. 
Team Emmet
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can never find time to read a book lately. Have been using audible lately which I can then use in the gym or when feeding the baby which I find grand for things like autobiographies. Still think for like true crime or whatever probably would rather read it in the book itself.

Yeah Audible is great for the likes of an autobiography or an easy listen but anything detailed is better to read the book. I zone out for a couple of seconds when listening so you could miss something important and have to be rewinding the book on the phone
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 7:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 75>
  Share Topic