Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

United w/o Fergie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: United w/o Fergie
    Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:33pm
Right lads have been thinking about this since I saw them the other night against Cluj with Fergie in the stand, we all know he is a fantastic manager but without him I think they are a completely different side.

What yis reckon?
Sponsored Links

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:35pm
so are you talkign about any time they play and he isnt in the dugout or about what happens when he leaves ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

so are you talkign about any time they play and he isnt in the dugout or about what happens when he leaves ?

FFS Milla

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:42pm
I agree.

It's Ferguson's ability to instill a winning mentality in to his players that is key. 
He has got so many great attributes as a manager that when he steps down I don't believe Utd will be as successful regardless of who replaces him.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:44pm
Whoever takes over from him will be arriving into one of the toughest management situations in football history. Could only see Mourinho having success from the start.

One of the best replacements in a situation like this would usually be someone from within the club that has worked with Ferguson for years, but I don't know of anyone at Manchester who'd be a canditate to step up?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:44pm
Its amazing that he has seen off Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and could very likely eventually get the better of City and then retire.
Most of the fact that United have been up there challenging the past few years even has been down to him.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Whoever takes over from him will be arriving into one of the toughest management situations in football history. Could only see Mourinho having success from the start.

One of the best replacements in a situation like this would usually be someone from within the club that has worked with Ferguson for years, but I don't know of anyone at Manchester who'd be a canditate to step up?
I would let Mike Phelan have the job for 20 years
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:56pm

most of his assistants who took over at other clubs have done pretty crap.. why would another assistant do well at united ?

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 3:59pm
Ferguson always licks the hole of Mourinhio, watched a doc on Mourinhop last night and Ferguson was at it again. If Mourinhio leaves Real Madrid I can only see him going to 4 clubs, United, City, Chelsea or Bayern Munich.

Ferguson would quit and let him take over before he'd let him go to City, as he'd know City and Mourinho would absolutely dominate. As it stands, Mancini and Mourinhio are very likely to be leaving their clubs in the summer.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

most of his assistants who took over at other clubs have done pretty crap.. why would another assistant do well at united ?

As I said I don't know of anyone that would be a candidate, usually at clubs there would be someone that has worked with the previous manager, knows their methods and how the club is run.

An outsider coming into United after 20 years of continuity could be a disaster. Unless it's Mourinho.

deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:09pm
was over in manchester recently a know for a fact that fergie and mourinho met in a hotel and talked for well over an hour, utd will win league this year n mourinho will take over in summer
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:12pm
Ferguson said himself that Mourinho would be a suitable replacement...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:15pm
I think theres a real possibility of giggs taking over

Ye mourinho would be great but how long will he stay, maybe 2 or 3 years then youre back to square 1

United will be looking towards a much more long term solution

I think giggs may do some coaching in the club next season then take over in 2014
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:15pm
Mourinho, Guardiola, Moyes; will be one of those three, would take any of them.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Mourinho, Guardiola, Moyes; will be one of those three, would take any of them.

He will not take over. The other two you have mentioned are on another planet compared to him. He'd be out of his depth competing for league titles, champions league etc
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:19pm
I think they should go for Guardiola. 
AKA pedantic kunt
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

I think theres a real possibility of giggs taking over

Ye mourinho would be great but how long will he stay, maybe 2 or 3 years then youre back to square 1

United will be looking towards a much more long term solution

I think giggs may do some coaching in the club next season then take over in 2014
Cant for the life of me see any of that happening

This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 4:22pm
no way will it be giggs fergie already has stated it wud be an experienced manager and always reckon a manager needs to learn his trade at lower down clubs
im unsure as guardiola he needs to prove it at another club look at the barca manager this season he has had a better start in league than guardiola ever did
take it like this u cud give trap the barca job and they wud still win league  and be there or there abouts in europe
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic