You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coventry

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marley+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coventry
    Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 12:47pm
Coventry face being wound up and owe 1.6mil rent on their rioch arena.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Marley+ Marley+ wrote:

My heart bleeds for them. Wink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
St.Pauli Reloaded 2 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St.Pauli Reloaded 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

My heart bleeds for them. Wink
Am sure Bruce Ricoh will be worried Wink
In Martin and Roy we Trust !
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 11:54pm
Southampton nearly ended up with the owners they have at the club now...thank God for the legend that was Marcus Liebrharr...Feel sorry for their fans, have a few relations living there, hard time for supporters
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2012 at 12:56pm
kilbane doesnt seem to be getting a game for them lately..injured?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Drumaville View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2012 at 9:35am

What comes around turns around Jimmy smug face Chin. I remember their cheating with Bristol city well. Angry
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 3:39pm
I was at the game with Bristol City in 1977  - the story that Hill delayed kick off to finish later than Sunderland is a myth - the police were trying to control a 40k crowd (including 10k from Bristol) from half killing each other so they delayed it  - heard Mackems winge about this before - it was 35 years ago - nothing to do with our current situation!
It was like watching Coventry City on a good day!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:18pm
I was at the Everton v SAFC match 15,000 Sunderland fans there loads missed the ko and it was not delayed. So was hill involved in the PA announcement that ensured your match ended up as a draw.
Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2012 at 4:28pm
Who knows if he was involved - it wouldn't make any odds as the result was displayed on our state of the art score board. This probably should not have happened way back in 77 - and the last 10 mins were played out with the score at 2-2 (we were 2-0 up at half time, pulled back to 2-2,  so there was a proper game for 80 miins) but with modern technology as it is, the same thing would happen nowadays guarenteed. I think think it is a bit sad that you hold such a strong grudge after all these years.  Just look here our respective clubs are now - does one game in 77 really matter that much that were would like to see my club die!
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 10:15pm
Due in court tomorrow regarding the debt and chance could make the call to go into voluntary administration Thumbs Down as the judge will need to ascertain their financial position before any judgement is due but chances are they'll "tactically" go into admin now as the point deduction wont effect their season 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 9:58am
Coventry having to play their home games at Northampton for the start of this season.

Edited by Double Maxim - 06 Jul 2013 at 12:40pm
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2013 at 10:49am
Very sad state of affairs for the club. Hopefuly they pull out of the mess.
Out of order
Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:19pm
Confirmed today by the Football League that my club will be playing in Northampton for an "initial" 3 year period.  Despite lobbying the FL and the local paper running a keep Cov in Cov campaign the League has jumped into bed with the crooks who run our club. My old man (God rest) started supporting Cov in 1948 when he moved over from Dublin - he followed them everywhere and watched them through to the top flight where we stayed for 34 years. We were all born in the city and have supported the club through thick (and mostly) thin - and at the moment it is hard to see the club surviving for my kids to follow. This is the whole point of being a football fan.

Ironically, I live in Northampton; but like the vast majority of Cov fans, I have no intention of lining the pockets of SISU (owners) unless the club plys in the city of Coventry.

Just felt I had to share this (see the fans forum Sky Blues Talk for the full story - it's complex)

Cheers
Neil
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:22pm
Wtf? Didn't you just get a new stadium around 10 years ago?

Edit: just read the previous posts. So problems with death arising from the stadium I guess?

Edited by t_rAndy - 08 Jul 2013 at 8:23pm
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Wtf? Didn't you just get a new stadium around 10 years ago?

Edit: just read the previous posts. So problems with death arising from the stadium I guess?
They don't own the stadium, were paying rent the whole time. How anyone could can think that it was a good idea to sell highfield road and then rent a new stadium? Where's the major income?

It's a f**kin joke and a disgrace that they are going to Northampton. around a 50 mile round trip I think and the Fa agreed to it. There were a few polls in the local paper and >90% of people in some of them said that they would not travel to watch them if they left the city.

There is the new rugby stadium in Coventry that they could maybe have played in with the addition of some temp seats. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 8:42pm
Coventry's new stadium is crap anyway. They shouldn't of left the old place.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Monners View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monners Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2013 at 9:22pm
Both those commets are true. However, thats not the point, and as I said its very complex. Highfield Rd was sold off a few years before we moved, with the then owners pocketing all the profits. We were left with no assets, and no way of making any money due to high rent at the Ricoh and no car park/food and drink etc monies. Not all the current owners doing, but they , and more importantly the FL could have stopped all this as alternative bids were made for the club a fwe weeks ago. The club appointed adminstrator chose the current owners as the best bid

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2013 at 3:07am
They are saying that 15 of the games will have to be moved because Northampton will be playing that day. Looks like Sunday's for Coventry. Boycotting games could lead to bigger problems, just look at what happened Rovers.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic