You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 134>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 10:26am
i think if an election actually occured you might see a hell of a lot more catholics voting for it than 13% ..

would the south vote for it thoughLOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 10:29am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It will never happen - at least not in our lifetime. 
There are far too many bridges to build.

Also the fact that we are 80 billion in dept makes joining the Republic less attractive.

More bridges to get over than build in my opinion.

The north is sh*t and the south is sh*t at the minute, we could join up and get our sh*t together as a nation once again. With Scotland on the verge of leaving the uk I do think things will get interesting up north. With the breakup of the uk do the English public want to really bankroll the north like they have for years? I doubt it.

Will I see a one island state in my lifetime? I do think and hope so.
Chips don't bounce
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

i think if an election actually occured you might see a hell of a lot more catholics voting for it than 13% ..

That was 13% of everybody, nto just Catholics! Wont ever happen
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Also the fact that we are 80 billion in dept makes joining the Republic less attractive.

The north is sh*t and the south is sh*t at the minute, we could join up and get our sh*t together as a nation once again. With Scotland on the verge of leaving the uk I do think things will get interesting up north. With the breakup of the uk do the English public want to really bankroll the north like they have for years? I doubt it.

If and when Scotland leave the UK will be a major factor in the future of this country. If it works well then a lot of people on the fence or even a lot of Unionists might think it could be for the best.

You would also need to promote it as bring Irish British to the Unionist community and respect their traditions and heritage.

There are hundreds of reasons why this will not happen any time soon.

In a hypothetical situation that Ulster leaves the Union - the Loyalists would just rage war on the south. If that threat was there then it just wouldn't happen.
Just look at the mayhem on the streets of Belfast because they took a flag down.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 11:01am

If and when Scotland leave the UK will be a major factor in the future of this country. If it works well then a lot of people on the fence or even a lot of Unionists might think it could be for the best.

You would also need to promote it as bring Irish British to the Unionist community and respect their traditions and heritage.

In a hypothetical situation that Ulster  Northern Ireland leaves the Union - the Loyalists would just rage war on the south. If that threat was there then it just wouldn't happen.
Just look at the mayhem on the streets of Belfast because they took a flag down.

Fixed that for ya but agree with yer points. Its all a bit fooked up what ever happens.
Chips don't bounce
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 12:33pm

In a hypothetical situation that Ulster  Northern Ireland leaves the Union - the Loyalists would just rage war on the south. If that threat was there then it just wouldn't happen.

Fixed that for ya but agree with yer points. Its all a bit fooked up what ever happens.
Beat me to it DA......
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

well there will certainly be a catholic majority in 15 to 20 years. Whether this translates to a nationalist majority remains to be seen.

13% want to rejoin Ireland at last count and less than half of Catholic's, wont happen

Have you a link to this poll?

The polls i have seen are carried out by unionist media which are not credible given that their figures for party support are way off when election results come out.

The correlation between the catholic population and nationalist vote is very close.

How many people would have voted for the lisburn referendum if they did not know any of the detail. People who are asked whether they want a UI do not know a thing about what this means.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:22pm
Lisbon not lisburn
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

I would never vote for it. It would bring too much trouble, I am happy to leave them up there fighting over a flag and heading across to Newry for some cheap gear now and againWink

Also I think another piece of land that spends more money than it can recoup in taxes is the last thing the republic  needs. 
It's Jack Shat
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:37pm
Took us many years to get rid of the churches grip on politics in the republic, imagine having those bible bashers up there having an input on our lives. No thanks.
Chips don't bounce
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:38pm
13% is not true because Sinn Fein and the SDLP have alot more that 13% or 26% of the vote up there.

I would only ever vote for it, if they paid for their own police bill.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:49pm
A lot of SDLP voters wouldnt vote for a united ireland
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:58pm
I'd only vote for a United pair of Y Fronts
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
londonirish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote londonirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 1:59pm

It's worth bearing in mind that the Scottish referendum is merely a question - do Scots want to go alone. The actual breakup of the Union would be a long and drawn out process which would span a generation, if the English actually let it happen - there's nothing that says they have to actually listen to the results of the referendum.

The Irish situation is, in my opinion, very different and any suggested break away from the UK would lead to all out conflict as pointed out above. That said, I have always believed and I will always believe that unity is better than partition. Be it inside the UK or out, Ireland was one country and in the future i believe it will be one country again. Our Island is far too small to be divided.

People often say the biggest hurdle is convincing our Unionist country men and women to believe in a United Ireland. I believe a bigger challenge is reinvigorating the South to recognise and fight for a United Ireland, peacefully. I'm sick to death of reading comments from stupid mong inbred Southerners on here saying they don't want the North etc etc... Anyone who believes that needs to pick up a history book and learn about the sacrifices made by generations before us. I wasn’t born in Ireland, but I made it my duty to learn about the history of my country. I believe everyone should.

Our Unionist country men and women will only begin to trust us, once we can truly convince ourselves that any future united country would have to be a country of absolute equals, recognising our shared culture, whether it be orange or green. In this country, the 12th should be celebrated with equal cultural importance to St. Guinness Day.  In my opinion, this will happen, but it will take generations and I’m not sure if our generation have the stomach for it.

Fundamentally, London and the people of the UK despise everything Belfast and all the troubles bring. If only our banana republic government in the South had the balls to fight.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 2:01pm
Stupid mong inbred southerners? We owe billions, we can't afford them, taking them on would be stupid.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by londonirish londonirish wrote:

It's worth bearing in mind that the Scottish referendum is merely a question - do Scots want to go alone. The actual breakup of the Union would be a long and drawn out process which would span a generation, if the English actually let it happen - there's nothing that says they have to actually listen to the results of the referendum.

The Irish situation is, in my opinion, very different and any suggested break away from the UK would lead to all out conflict as pointed out above. That said, I have always believed and I will always believe that unity is better than partition. Be it inside the UK or out, Ireland was one country and in the future i believe it will be one country again. Our Island is far too small to be divided.

People often say the biggest hurdle is convincing our Unionist country men and women to believe in a United Ireland. I believe a bigger challenge is reinvigorating the South to recognise and fight for a United Ireland, peacefully. I'm sick to death of reading comments from stupid mong inbred Southerners on here saying they don't want the North etc etc... Anyone who believes that needs to pick up a history book and learn about the sacrifices made by generations before us. I wasn’t born in Ireland, but I made it my duty to learn about the history of my country. I believe everyone should.

Our Unionist country men and women will only begin to trust us, once we can truly convince ourselves that any future united country would have to be a country of absolute equals, recognising our shared culture, whether it be orange or green. In this country, the 12th should be celebrated with equal cultural importance to St. Guinness Day.  In my opinion, this will happen, but it will take generations and I’m not sure if our generation have the stomach for it.

Fundamentally, London and the people of the UK despise everything Belfast and all the troubles bring. If only our banana republic government in the South had the balls to fight.

I hope your next sh*te is a hedgehog. 
It's Jack Shat
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 2:11pm

Could you imagine all the career dolers in the sh*t parts of Northern Ireland suddenly having a jump in Social Welfare from €40-€50 a week to €188. It would be like winning the lotto. 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2012 at 2:20pm
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/edwest/100095628/northern-ireland-catholics-are-now-more-unionist-than-the-english-can-the-united-kingdom-last/

thats from same survey but doesnt have the 13% figure, have posted it up before though

interesting stat in there - the union is more popular with norn iron catholics than english people
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 134>
  Share Topic