You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 134>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:28am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why are republicans even rioting??  Are they against the protocol too?
#FOMO is the only excuse I can think of for those scrotebags. 
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Rioting in West Belfast tonight, young Nationalists involved and of course the water cannon is deployed. 

Fuk the water cannon they shouldn’t be there - don’t fall in  loyalism trap - it’s that fukin obvious 

I do agree. Get home and don't fall into the trap. On the other hand the peace gates were forced the previous night by Loyalists so I think this may be a recurring flashpoint for a while now. There is probably fear in the community that if they were forced once they can be forced again and no one wants a Bombay Street.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:52am

Mícheál Ó Leogáin
@Micheal_Lagain

Water cannon, K9 units...all missing from the @ChiefConPSNI reaction to violence from Loyalism over the past week. First night of full on violence on the Springfield Road and they're deployed to full effect. What a way to win back Unionism.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

There's videos going around of adults clapping children on their way to rioting, 

There was, from the other night at the Shankill Rd

Just a teeny weeny massive bit of info missing there
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:55am
https://mobile.twitter.com/OrlaithClinton/status/1380202233174851591

At least nationalists are on the ground trying to settle things

Loyalists want the mayhem
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:02am
https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/courts/sectarian-rangers-supporter-who-vandalised-gaa-fans-cars-charged-with-urinating-on-graves-40283533.html

This is the level of 'intellect' that we deal with up here

Edited by tonyjaa - 09 Apr 2021 at 8:02am
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Why are republicans even rioting??  Are they against the protocol too?

The same reason they light bonfires in August with flags on top. They want some of the loyalist culture
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 8:53am

Rioting in West Belfast tonight, young Nationalists involved and of course the water cannon is deployed. 

Fuk the water cannon they shouldn’t be there - don’t fall in  loyalism trap - it’s that fukin obvious 

I do agree. Get home and don't fall into the trap. On the other hand the peace gates were forced the previous night by Loyalists so I think this may be a recurring flashpoint for a while now. There is probably fear in the community that if they were forced once they can be forced again and no one wants a Bombay Street.

Their does appear to be community leaders on the ground trying to prevent these youngsters getting involved.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:11am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Mícheál Ó Leogáin
@Micheal_Lagain

Water cannon, K9 units...all missing from the @ChiefConPSNI reaction to violence from Loyalism over the past week. First night of full on violence on the Springfield Road and they're deployed to full effect. What a way to win back Unionism.

Exactly. And the Loyalists cry they have a two tier Policing against them. The PSNI are in a tough position to be fair but it's not a good look to use water cannon against Nationalists and not Loyalists. For balance six impact rounds(plastic bullets) were fired the other night at Loyalists.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 9:49am
The teenage loyalist rioters were forcing the gates open at the peace wall and trying to gain access to the nationalist side. Of course the nationalists are going to react to this!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:09am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Their does appear to be community leaders on the ground trying to prevent these youngsters getting involved.

there does and it is to be welcomed and there may well be a 'internment bonfire' crowd whose motives are suspect to say the least that they have no influence over
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

The teenage loyalist rioters were forcing the gates open at the peace wall and trying to gain access to the nationalist side. Of course the nationalists are going to react to this!

I don't believe that was the case last night though open to correction

Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:13am
It was the night before, Wednesday night when I was looking at it. They rammed the gate with a car. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:48am
Remains to be seen where all this goes. Inchoate violence currently reminiscent of the "fleg" protests despite scenes on television that look like a throwback to the 70s, with lines of cops resembling Judge Dredd with all the gear facing up against feral Ned youths, some of them children, Lord Of The Flies with petrol bombs. Meanwhile unionist leadership remains an oxymoron. Clueless and rudderless. Some excellent work done by community workers last night at great risk to their own safety but the climate is volatile. Use of plastic bullets, euphemistically rebranded as " impact rounds", is particularly worrying. These are lethal weapons which ricochet uncontrollably if they hit the ground. The death penalty does not exist for public order offences and if a child happened to get hit with one of these and die, we really would be in uncharted waters.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:13am
There’s a planned protest at Belfast City hall tomorrow at 12pm, if you’re about the City give it a swerve, could be trouble.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

There’s a planned protest at Belfast City hall tomorrow at 12pm, if you’re about the City give it a swerve, could be trouble.

Right up there with 'Is there anything to be said for a saying another mass'

Media have a role to play - the amount of rubbish that loyalists come out with that goes unchallanged is staggering . If their leadership dont want to have an adult/difficult  conversation with them it should be the media. Two women interviewed in the shankill this morning a prime example in summary themmuns get everything we get nothing, treated like second class citizens, our culture blah blah blah  etc    
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:42am
The irony of it. Treating one half of the population as second class citizens since year dot and crying about their situation now. Crying about a culture that was all about triumphalism and keeping your boot on someone else's throat.

Berating the PSNI about their treatment of the loyalist community while the nationalists are getting off lightly. I'm sure they pine for the days when the RUC were throwing petrol bombs into catholic houses.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:46am
Any sign of Nolan doing a little Billy Bingham wave to the crowd?LOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 127128129130131 134>
  Share Topic