You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Union flag to be taken down from Belfast city hall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 134>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by daffyp daffyp wrote:

Anyone care to explain how nationalists now have a majority now??

more people voted for them

I was looking for an expiation like AM gave me, but thanks for your simple analogy on how politics works
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 11:07pm
Suddenly those that preach it aren't so democratic tonight. 29 votes to 21, move along.

To be fair to the mob at the city hall, I had a dodgy hotdog there on Friday at the continental Market and felt like making a protest myself
shoggy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 11:27pm

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else!
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 3:40am

Just over a week ago, the council's strategic policy and resources committee voted 11-9 in favour of removing the flag completely.

So why wasnt it completely removed??

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:16am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20587538

Its not the same place their granddaddies or even dads grew up in and they all know it. No more guaranteed decent jobs just because of who you are/where you are from/whatever education you have. Times are changing and the more they stick to their neanderthalic bigoted ways then the worse it will feel for them but they dont care , '' We arra Peepil !!! '' '' Feck the pope !! '' '' Why dont u go home !!??!! '' , all those vitriolic songs will even it out for them in their walnut sized brain.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 6:56am
Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

According to reports on twitter they started burning tricolours outside.
I always find it strange when someone burns a flag , now never upset me . My favs are Iran when they they brun a real hand painted naff looking stars and strips LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 8:43am
a fookin flag...FFS  ..as bad as the fookin arabs they are...
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Just over a week ago, the council's strategic policy and resources committee voted 11-9 in favour of removing the flag completely.

They made a compromise with the Alliance party that it would be only flown for 15 days during the year, like in Stormont.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:06am
18 police or security guards injured, and no arrests?

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:34am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

They made a compromise with the Alliance party that it would be only flown for 15 days during the year, like in Stormont.

Not quite correct. The vote to remove the flag completely was done by a council commitee. To actualy enact anything like this they needed a vote from the full council. Dunno why the bother with the smaller commitee at all but thats politics for ye.

The Alliance party brought the 15 days motion at full council and thats what was passed.
@AntrimMan85
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 9:37am
Funny how some use democracy to justify their position and yet the same people can trace their own creation to totally undemocratic actions........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

18 police or security guards injured, and no arrests?

An 18 year old and 2 22year old blokes were arrested . If 1000 odd taig nationalists were outside city hall looking to break in and cause harm then live rounds would have been ordered by the police chief, make no question.

Edited by tonyjaa - 04 Dec 2012 at 5:46pm
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I always find it strange when someone burns a flag , now never upset me . My favs are Iran when they they brun a real hand painted naff looking stars and strips LOL
if fairness you would be lucky to find a real stars and stripes in Iran they way those U.S ****s are demonising Iran
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

if fairness you would be lucky to find a real stars and stripes in Iran they way those U.S ****s are demonising Iran

there is no one demonising iran more than the shower of gimps that run the fcuking place.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

there is no one demonising iran more than the shower of gimps that run the fcuking place.
so they have eveything in common then with their enemies in the U.S..... Iran was a monster created by the US over greed for oil going back to the 50 s... now they are using the old 'sadamm WMD' .. ploy
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:13pm
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20598325

The zombies are targeting the offices of the Alliance party now.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:16pm
Can you imagine if they were to unity the 6 counties Dead..

Gerry Kelly was saying last night that there were no arrests.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2012 at 5:18pm
Is it a case of time and out-breeding the unionst low lifes, until the North will be non Brit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 134>
  Share Topic