Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hibernian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hibernian F.C. Thread
    Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:42pm
Seeing as there's a few lads that follow hibs on here they should probably have their own thread. All other thread titles about hibs are in relation to their relationship with Celtic. Anyway no better time for a bandwagoner like myself to start a thread about hibs after beating Hearts. Joking aside, Id never consider myself a hibs fan to the same degree as United so but would have them as my team in Scotland after going to a match last season getting a hibs flag and jersey like the daytripper I was Wink.

Tough game away to Inverness on Saturday.

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
Off to seem them play Motherwell in two weeks. 
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:45pm
Top Top club. Ireland's pride abroad, managed by a top top Irishman  Clap
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Did ya go to them much when you were in (or still are) Edinburgh corkery?
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Did ya go to them much when you were in (or still are) Edinburgh corkery?

Ya, I used to go to home and away games. They were crap then. Not living there anymore, going over for a weekend. 2nd in the league and £12 to get in.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 8:58pm
For the Aberdeen game last season i think tickets were at least 30 quid if i remember right. We were in the stand upper tier opposite the dugouts with the hibs singing section to our left in the same stand. bought our tickets in the hibs official shop. Were the aways good craic to go to and how many would hibs bring?
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:06pm
They were always good craic alright, Hearts were alright too like. Hibs used bring like 300 to some away games like St Mirren and then bring like 1,500 to Motherwell. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:26pm
Away games are great craic. I d rather go to a united away than a home one and the Ireland ones are always brilliant. Ill have to go to an away hibs game the next time Im in Scotland. Apart from Celtic away, what would be a good one to go to in Scotland?
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:30pm

Away games are great craic. I d rather go to a united away than a home one and the Ireland ones are always brilliant. Ill have to go to an away hibs game the next time Im in Scotland. Apart from Celtic away, what would be a good one to go to in Scotland?

Aberdeen was good but I hear that Dundee is supposed to be really good. Inverness is good if ya want to see the Highlands but the places is weird and cold.

Edited by corkery - 02 Dec 2012 at 9:30pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 9:38pm

Aberdeen was good but I hear that Dundee is supposed to be really good. Inverness is good if ya want to see the Highlands but the places is weird and cold.

are you talking about Cork or Scotland? Wink

One of my mates was at the Aberdeen home game last weekend and said there was a good atmosphere alright.
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2012 at 11:26pm
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Top Top club. Ireland's pride abroad, managed by a top top Irishman  Clap

irelands loser pride abroad you mean
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 12:25am
cracking atmosphere and win today even if it was a dreadful game. sunshine on leith what a song.
lived in edinburgh for a bit. loved leith mad place some great pubs. the gorgie lot are an odd bunch.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

cracking atmosphere and win today even if it was a dreadful game. sunshine on leith what a song.
lived in edinburgh for a bit. loved leith mad place some great pubs. the gorgie lot are an odd bunch.

How so? Corkery reckoned the Hearts fans he knew were sound .

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 2:38am
Happy to see the mini Huns beaten by Hibs today Clap
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:08am

I've seen Celtic and Sunderland play in Dundee and stayed over on both occasions.
Its a quality city loads of great pubs and restaurants. Thumbs Up
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 10:41am
Lived in Gorgie right beside Tynecastle when i moved over. Local Hearts fans were well behaved and freakishly quiet for all games with the notable exception of Celtic,Hibs and Rangers games.  Turned into a bit of a blood thirsty rabble in particular for Celtic and Hibs, every ned from Western Edinburgh used to show up to try and ambush away fans. Cops usually had it under control then they would resort to fighting each other. Gorgie Road was a great spot for a bag of chips a kebab and watching a punch up.

Knew more Jambos than Hibees and yeah most were bang on. Very embarrassed by the minority of plastic loyalists following them but they do genuinely despise Celtic.

corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 1:08pm
Aberdeen/Motherwell at home in the cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
  Share Topic