You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 71>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 5:48am
Everton have held preliminary discussions with Sam Allardyce's advisers as Farhad Moshiri puts together a contingency plan for the club's next manager.

Moshiri is considering a number of candidates, with Burnley's Sean Dyche and Watford's Marco Silva amongst them

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:06pm
Soundly beaten 3-0 tonight and out of Europa League after four games
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 8:23pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:26pm
Shocking stuff to be out after only 4 games! Player recruitment is still the most important thing in football, and they have failed absolutely miserably at it as a club in the last year or 2. Some really bizarre stuff going on there on that front and it's left them in tatters as a squad.

I would include renewal of contracts etc, also as part of player recruitment, and I genuinely have no idea how Baines and Jagielka are still playing at this level. Baines is playing nearly every PL minute which is astounding considering his form for the past 2/3 years. He was an outstanding player but he seems to be regressing year on year. Jagielka just isn't cut out for it at the highest level any more.

They'll probably end up with fat Sam and just about stay up. If they really want to kick on as a club over the next few years, Marco Silva is the man they need to get in without a doubt. Far better manager than any of the other favourites for the job.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2017 at 11:42pm
Why would Watford allow their Manager to speak to someone who's 10 games into his contract? ConfusedLOL

Big Sam is the ideal person, they really need to go back to boring basic football. Everton have tried to cut alot of corners, the big one is not replacing Lukaku. Considering Steve Walsh is their Head Scout who was responsible for the signings of Mahrez, Kante etc at Leicester it's surprising he's done such a massive rookie error but because of the corners they cut they really need to go back to the basic boring brand of football Big Sam will offer and from then on, re-start their player recruitment.

Edited by coyne - 02 Nov 2017 at 11:43pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:55am
I'm not sure why it's funny that I said Silva is the man to take Everton forward. Many clubs get approached about their manager while under contract. Nothing new there. From a Watford point of view, of course they wouldn't want to lose Silva. I never said any different.

Allardyce will probably get it. They will trundle along under him for a few years and they'll go searching again. If they want to kick on as a club, they need to get a manger with a far higher performance ceiling than Allardyce.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Shocking stuff to be out after only 4 games! Player recruitment is still the most important thing in football, and they have failed absolutely miserably at it as a club in the last year or 2. Some really bizarre stuff going on there on that front and it's left them in tatters as a squad.

I would include renewal of contracts etc, also as part of player recruitment, and I genuinely have no idea how Baines and Jagielka are still playing at this level. Baines is playing nearly every PL minute which is astounding considering his form for the past 2/3 years. He was an outstanding player but he seems to be regressing year on year. Jagielka just isn't cut out for it at the highest level any more.

They'll probably end up with fat Sam and just about stay up. If they really want to kick on as a club over the next few years, Marco Silva is the man they need to get in without a doubt. Far better manager than any of the other favourites for the job.

Agree with you for once.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 10:45am
To all the people who told me back in the summer that "Everton have bought really well, they can break the top 4" and then said that I was an idiot for saying "no they wont. They haven't bought well and they're Everton"....., 

A gigantic f**k You All to all of you.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:12pm
I think on paper they bought well (individually) just hasn't worked out on the pitch.

I still believe if Everton had actually bought a target man type player (Giroud was close) to replace Lukaku they would be doing rather well.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 12:18pm
Klassen was a harmless signing. Rooney seems to play more as a 10. If was signed to play as a 9, I'd understand it and think he'd do ok. Why sign Sigurdson then with Rooney at 10? Schneiderlin was a shocker of a signing. Looks like a guy with zero interest in football. Pickford will be a good signing as I think Keane will eventually be. Players leaving a club who are way past it are as important as players being signed Imo. I go back to Jagielka and Baines, no idea how they are still at Everton. Some awful decisions being made behind the scenes.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:12pm

Have watched them a few times this season. They lack pace and their midfield is anonymous at times.

Added to that they have totally failed to replace Lukaku's goals and that the normally reliable Ashley Williams had a shaky start to the season, no wonder they're in trouble.

Unsworth isn't the man for the job either

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:17pm
Whilst they signed some good players (Sigurdsson, Pickford) over the summer their overall recruitment really seemed to lack any cohesion. As stated above they never even attempted to sign someone to replace Lukaku who has been their outstanding player for the last three seasons or so. They have a plethora of No. 10 type players and no-one to actually stick the ball in the net. It's actually impressive how far they have regressed from last season in such a short period of time.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:19pm
I thought Sandro would be a great signing for them but he has done nothing of note so far and hasn't really been given a chance.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I thought Sandro would be a great signing for them but he has done nothing of note so far and hasn't really been given a chance.

Because he's always injured
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:25pm
No chance they were ever going to replace Lukaku. Unless they spent cash on a out of left-field striker that performed and banged in 20.

Any striker scoring 20 plus goals will command a move greater than to a club of everton's standing.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 1:56pm
Someone once said "Football is a simple game, made unnecessarily complicated by idiots."

When Everton sold Lukaku, they were selling 25 goals a season.

They failed to replace those goals, and with just 7 goals in 10 League games this season, only the two clubs beneath them in the table have scored fewer. (Worse still, one of those two, Bournemouth, have "only" conceded 14 against Everton's 20, this latter being the second-worst in the division.)

Last season, Everton were the sixth highest scoring team in the Premier League.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:39pm
It all boils down to the Striker situation, as Terri said they sold 25 goals a season and replaced him with someone through the academy.

Sigurdsson has been a poor signing so far and Ashley Williams continues to make it 10v12 rather than 11v11 - It was clear as day MON did the research on him pre-Wales match as dispossessing Williams led to the goal. From a Wales perspective, he should of never of even started with the form he was (still) in.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Klassen was a harmless signing. Rooney seems to play more as a 10. If was signed to play as a 9, I'd understand it and think he'd do ok. Why sign Sigurdson then with Rooney at 10? Schneiderlin was a shocker of a signing. Looks like a guy with zero interest in football. Pickford will be a good signing as I think Keane will eventually be. Players leaving a club who are way past it are as important as players being signed Imo. I go back to Jagielka and Baines, no idea how they are still at Everton. Some awful decisions being made behind the scenes.
Glad to see Everton doing badly...Their fans are as annoying as there are in England, and of course the fat lying dutchman taking over hasn't helped! However, I'm really sad to see Schneiderlin's career do to pot. Oozed class at Saints and compared to other players always acted with great dignity unlike other players we had at the time like Lallana and Lovren. If you look at the players we have sold in last few years perhaps only  Mane has gone on to bigger and better things. Grass isn't always greener and all that
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 71>
  Share Topic