Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 71>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2017 at 6:07pm
crikey well represented in this England u20s outfit Shocked

Is this the country's next golden generation?

The current side have made a total of 72 Premier League appearances to date. Striker Adam Armstrong leads the way with 15, having made his top-flight debut as a late substitute in Newcastle's 1-0 defeat by Fulham on 15 March 2014.

Everton's Kieran Dowell and Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo made no senior league appearances this season but both represented their teams in the 2015-16 Premier League campaign.

Teams:

Italy U20: Zaccagno, Scarlera, Dimarco, Romagna, Coppolaro, Orsolini, Mandragora, Pessina, Vitale, Panico, Favilli.

Substitutes: Plizzari, Perisan, Barella, Vido, Sernicola, Pezzella, Cassata, Marchizza, Bifulco.

England U20: Woodman (Newcastle), Clarke-Salter (Chelsea), Tomori (Chelsea), Walker-Peters (Tottenham), Kenny (Everton), Cook (Bournemouth), Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Maitland-Niles (Arsenal), Solanke (Chelsea, joining Liverpool on 1 July), Lookman (Everton), Dowell (Everton).

Substitutes: Henderson (Manchester United), Southwood (Reading), Connolly (Everton), Onomah (Tottenham), Armstrong (Newcastle), Konsa (Charlton), Fry (Middlesbrough), Chapman (Middlesbrough), Ojo (Liverpool), Ejaria (Liverpool).

< ="http://www.bbc.co.uk/modules/share/page" method="get" style="-sizing: inherit; margin: auto; padding: 0px; border: 0px none; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: middle; cursor: pointer; letter-spacing: 0px; outline-style: none;">< ="s-b- s-b-fx" ="submit" id="sb-2" title="Share page" aria-labelledby="sb-2-label" style="-sizing: inherit; color: rgb255, 255, 255; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 1em; line-height: 2.25em; font-family: arial; margin: auto; cursor: pointer; border: 0px none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: middle; outline: 0px; height: 2.2em; overflow: ; text-align: left; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0; -: initial; -attachment: initial; -size: initial; -origin: initial; -clip: initial; -: initial; -repeat: initial;">
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:35pm
https://twitter.com/sergiobiscuits_/status/877962848944738308

And that's why Pickford for £30 million is an absolute steal. That's actually world class and he's only 23. Everton will have around 10 years of that.

And if Lukaku stays next season.... God he's gonna have some fun.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

And that's why Pickford for £30 million is an absolute steal. That's actually world class and he's only 23. Everton will have around 10 years of that.

I saw another one a few minutes ago where he kicked it straight to a Polish player on the edge of the box, unfortunately the Polish lad made a right hash of it.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:45pm
There's still a mistake in him I must admit... Southampton last August springs to mind when he did his best Taibi impression but you have to look at the fact he's very raw still but can offer that!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:48pm

There's still a mistake in him I must admit... Southampton last August springs to mind when he did his best Taibi impression but you have to look at the fact he's very raw still but can offer that!
I haven't seen much of him, what I have seen has been bang poor.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The stats speak for themselves if you haven't watched him pal!

#2 in the league shots saved last season, behind Heaton.
#1 in Long distance distribution finding its target.

The fact that Sunderland don't get all the money straight away but as installments makes it even more of a steal than it already is Thumbs Down
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:55pm
Pickford is an excellent keeper.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The stats speak for themselves if you haven't watched him pal!

#2 in the league shots saved last season, behind Heaton.
#1 in Long distance distribution finding its target.

The fact that Sunderland don't get all the money straight away but as installments makes it even more of a steal than it already is Thumbs Down
Not a huge fan of stats, as Sunderland were bottom I would expect their keeper to have faced the most shots. 
I know distribution is important for the modern keeper, but it is f**k all good when he is a bit of a Dracula on crosses.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:30am
Agree with PM plenty of keepers have looked great playing for a poor side then get found out at a better club, Mignelot for example. He's young and should improve and I still expect him to make mistakes next season but he needs to be backed.

Sandro Ramirez will be the bargain of the season, fully expect him to score plenty of goals next season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:36am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Agree with PM plenty of keepers have looked great playing for a poor side then get found out at a better club, Mignelot for example. He's young and should improve and I still expect him to make mistakes next season but he needs to be backed.

Sandro Ramirez will be the bargain of the season, fully expect him to score plenty of goals next season.

All keepers make mistakes in my view Pickford will go on to be an outstanding keeper pm admitted he hadn't seen much of him so hardly an informative opinion!

Edited by Double Maxim - 23 Jun 2017 at 7:38am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

All keepers make mistakes in my view Pickford will go on to be an outstanding keeper pm admitted he hadn't seen much of him so hardly an informative opinion!

PM was picking up on a point made by Coyne on how good his distribution is and i've noticed a few times where he has tried to pick out a pass which has nearly led to a chance for the opposition, has happened in two of the England games i've watched so far.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 7:54am
Pickfords distribution in the main was very good sor SAFC anyway we shall see how his career goes at Everton.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:39am

Mignelot was one of Liverpool's better players last season.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1
Using Mignolet as an example Some sh*te being spoken!

Hes had his best season since the season they finished 2nd
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:34am
I would rate Pickford very highly personally. When he first came into the Sunderland side he made a few mistakes but you could still see his quality. In terms of distribution he really is part of that new breed of keeper. Absolutely top notch.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I would rate Pickford very highly personally. When he first came into the Sunderland side he made a few mistakes but you could still see his quality. In terms of distribution he really is part of that new breed of keeper. Absolutely top notch.

I think he's excellent myself, only thing lacking is his command of the area but that will come with experience
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1
Using Mignolet as an example Some sh*te being spoken!

Hes had his best season since the season they finished 2nd

So good the only reason he got back into the team was down to Karius making so many errors Embarrassed

He was average at best for Liverpool last season.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:28pm

That's actually world class
Alternative interpretation: Had that Polish No.11 been even half awake, Pickford would have conceded possession unnecessarily.

Somehow, I can't see too many EPL managers failing to spot that kind of thing next season...

True.

Then again, he's at least as likely to be finding his "fun" at Stamford Bridge.

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jun 2017 at 2:29pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 71>
  Share Topic