You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Everton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 71>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Moyes response about Fellani headbutt was refreshing

classy bloke, something ye rarely see in football these days Clap
Sponsored Links

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 1:07am

What Fellaini did deserves more than a 3 game ban in fairness. What was he thinking? If it was just the headbutt it would be bad enough, but to try & do Shawcross on 3 seperate occasions is unbelievable. If Shawcross was the one who did it to Fellaini then there would be utter carnage in the media; "typical Stoke" etc. etc. I think Shawcross should get a bit of recognition for not retaliating to be fair to him. It must have taken all his strength not to bust up that big nosed, microphone headed gypsy. Shawcross has this reputation in England as a hard man but he has never resorted to stuff like that. When he broke Ramsey's leg a couple of years back Pulis came out at the end of that season & said how hard it was for him to get focused on matches when he came back after his ban, he was distraught after it. It was clearly an accident what happened that night & no way was it intentional. Wenger's comments didn't help the situation at the time but with regards to Saturday fair play to Moyes I'd say he kicked Fellaini back to Merseyside.

Edited by bundy - 18 Dec 2012 at 1:08am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:18am
A 5 match ban would have been more realistic considering the severity of what he did.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:22am
Halsey saying he saw the other 2 incidents and didn't think they were worthy of any punishment. Clown we definitely have the best refs in the world in England though!

Thought Fellaini's conduct was similar to Joey Bartons at the Etihad in May, 3 different incidents of violent conduct. One gets 3 games and the other 12, i suppose Bartons past record went against him though but even still, 3 games is lenient
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 9:24am
Have to agree with RB, if it was a player with previous history i think the ban would have been a lot longer!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Halsey saying he saw the other 2 incidents and didn't think they were worthy of any punishment. Clown we definitely have the best refs in the world in England though!

Thought Fellaini's conduct was similar to Joey Bartons at the Etihad in May, 3 different incidents of violent conduct. One gets 3 games and the other 12, i suppose Bartons past record went against him though but even still, 3 games is lenient

I'm been pedantic, but you don't actually live in England do you??
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I'm been pedantic, but you don't actually live in England do you??

No, i was taking the piss out of a line i have heard several times this season (OK it was on Talksport and Sky Sports) from football pundits and ex refs who were in no doubt these refs are the best in the world.
How much foreign football do they watch to analyse refs you have to wonder before making such a bullsh*t statement?
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 2:26pm

Ok thought it might have been something like that  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Have to agree with RB, if it was a player with previous history i think the ban would have been a lot longer!

but is that such a problem. anyone being punished that has previous gets a harsher punishment.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 3:28pm
Jelavic has been disappointing so far this season 
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Wenger's comments didn't help the situation at the time but with regards to Saturday fair play to Moyes I'd say he kicked Fellaini back to Merseyside.
Wenger's comments were outrageous at the time and his reluctance to ever criticise any of his own players for transgressions has left him facing open season from journos and to ridicule and anger from opposing fans.

Whilst Moyes' comments were refreshing and indicative of his general attitude, I'd also say his comments may have helped Felaini's case in getting such a short ban.
For the three combined incidents, a three match ban for Felaini seems too lenient.
Everton might have struggled to hang onto the one point if they had gone down to 10 men after the first incident.
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Wenger's comments didn't help the situation at the time but with regards to Saturday fair play to Moyes I'd say he kicked Fellaini back to Merseyside.
Wenger's comments were outrageous at the time and his reluctance to ever criticise any of his own players for transgressions has left him facing open season from journos and to ridicule and anger from opposing fans.

Whilst Moyes' comments were refreshing and indicative of his general attitude, I'd also say his comments may have helped Felaini's case in getting such a short ban.
For the three combined incidents, a three match ban for Felaini seems too lenient.
Everton might have struggled to hang onto the one point if they had gone down to 10 men after the first incident.
 ConfusedConfusedConfused The other two were just handbags at dawn. If the letter of the law was applied Everton should have had a penalty for all the pulling and blocking Shawcross did. Even Dermot Gallagher said as much. Not condoning the headbutt but he (Shawcross) should've conceded a couple of penalties before that. I watched the actual game and Everton should've been out of sight at half time and have only themselves to blame. Fellaini was also pants on Saturday and should've been taken off long before the headbutt.
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Jelavic has been disappointing so far this season 
Agree but not entirely. He can still pull a winner outta the bag (sunderland and spurs recently). Could do with someone to give him a hand though. Has been better the last few games. Not sure his knee is 100% yet.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 7:45pm
Where do you think they will finish this season?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where do you think they will finish this season?
5th/6th maybe even 7th if I'm been honest. Should have more points at this stage which will cost them i think
Wearmouth View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wearmouth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:54pm
Would you like to see Everton buy in Jan ? If so who ?
Charlie Hurley a true legend
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 2:26am
Originally posted by Wearmouth Wearmouth wrote:

Would you like to see Everton buy in Jan ? If so who ?
Had a massive reply but technology f**ked it up lad so il keep it short this timeLOL.. Craig Gordan still a free agent ? Not happy with howard this season. need a keeper. if money was no object, Tevez would get us top four. his work rate coupled with class would be fantastic for the rest of the team
I think Moyes n Baines will walk if there is no significant achievment ( i.e cup win or europe)
ODCO View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Justice for the 96

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ODCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2012 at 2:34pm
27 mins till kick off against the hammersClap I reckon there will be goals but I'm f**ked if I'm predicting Everton results anymore !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 71>
  Share Topic