You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real Oviedo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

It's like it's fashionable for some people to buy a share in this club which they prob only heard of in past few weeks

Just like it was fashionable for you to begin supporting Real Madrid and Manchester United.

If something is advertised extremely well and made very accessible to people they are going to get involved.

Their earnings, their choice.
Sponsored Links

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 11:57pm

The most hardcore Liverpool fan on here 18 months ago defended them to the hilt now has no interest in them still sl*gging me off?

Lighten the f**k up will ya, Jaysus LOL

Just fallen out of love with it Ken. The treatment of Roy Hodgson and the worship of Kenny Dalglish pretty much killed it for me. I have great time for BR and I hope he gets time and does well with Liverpool, but it doesn't feel relevant to me anymore. I couldn't give a bollocks if you support United or not, good luck to ya
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:01am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

It's like it's fashionable for some people to buy a share in this club which they prob only heard of in past few weeks

Just like it was fashionable for you to begin supporting Real Madrid and Manchester United.

If something is advertised extremely well and made very accessible to people they are going to get involved.

Who said I support Real Madrid?

I don't- I was at a Sevilla game before too- I certainly don't support them

My old man and uncles support united I'd no choice in the matter

Sorry for wanting to see some great European cities while going to see a game of ball while I'm at it

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:04am

Who said I support Real Madrid?

I don't- I was at a Sevilla game before too- I certainly don't support them

My old man and uncles support united I'd no choice in the matter

Sorry for wanting to see some great European cities while going to see a game of ball while I'm at it

Why didn't you save the money instead of giving it to Real Madrid by going to the Bernabau and send it all to Cobh Ramblers???

I'm sure everyone who bought a share in Real Oviedo is sorry too..

Edited by tribalarmy - 10 Nov 2012 at 12:04am
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:10am
In May of this year Monaghan United appealed for funding so they could survive in the LOI, it wasn't forthcoming so less than six weeks later they withdrew from senior domestic football.

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:15am
Sid Lowe obviously didn't think championing monaghans cause was as beneficial for his career as real oviedos cause
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:16am

Sid Lowe obviously didn't think championing monaghans cause was as beneficial for his career as real oviedos cause

Why would he appeal for Monaghan? He almost certainly has never heard of them. On the other hand he supports Real Oviedo...
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

In May of this year Monaghan United appealed for funding so they could survive in the LOI, it wasn't forthcoming so less than six weeks later they withdrew from senior domestic football.

And that's terrible..

I doubt there has been many Oviedo shares sold in Ireland at all either, more than Monaghan because it has been so well advertised..
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:21am

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

And that's terrible..

I doubt there has been many Oviedo shares sold in Ireland at all either, more than Monaghan because it has been so well advertised..

I personally know six people who jumped on the bandwagon buying from 1 to 10 shares.

Why?

It keeps a club in business
AlexLoxate View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:19am
Always risky with shares, unless you buy 1 or 2 just to show solidarity.
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 4:25am

TO ANY PERSON ON YBIG THAT BOUGHT SHARES…. Up on the thick thread with ye!!

Ffs lads as Hitler said above, the league is on its knees and we have the jersey shore crew here buying shares in a club in Spain.

GUFC are crying out for money along with many other clubs in loi. GUFCT was selling tickets in Estonia last year for 50 bucks and I bought one because I know the man is genuine and has the loi at his heart.

Jesus wept!!  

The main thing is not to panic
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Ffs lads as Hitler said above, the league is on its knees and we have the jersey shore crew here buying shares in a club in Spain.

GUFC are crying out for money along with many other clubs in loi. GUFCT was selling tickets in Estonia last year for 50 bucks and I bought one because I know the man is genuine and has the loi at his heart.

Jesus wept!!  

Nice one Sci ,like it when your passion shines through Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus wept!!  

f off with any tickets for the yacht club, i dont like water sports
The main thing is not to panic
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
The LOI gets my money as well. Absolutely no harm in having an interest in another club. 

Im an avid LOI fan, pay my way as much as I can and have been through a club folding on me so don't make assumptions about me. Maybe if we were a little bit better at advertising/running the product we have here, people abroad may have heard about the plight of Mons, Galway, and may have saved my club (Dublin City).

The "shares" are only an interest FFS. 

"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:19pm
Good 1 nil victory over Real Madrid C this weekend!Hon the lads!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:36pm

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:09am

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jesus wept!!  

f off with any tickets for the yacht club, i dont like water sports
Don't worry Sci next time I see yer I will have the full range of new sports wear for the RISSCW, sure seeing as you are a soft touch I will have you kitted out on no time Wink
Ohh Goodness only knows what Hornet will add to this Ouch

Edited by Claret Murph - 13 Nov 2012 at 7:10am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 6:38pm
Carlos Slim has invested €2m into Real Oviedo. He is the new majority shareholder. Slim plans to use the club "to create synergies and exchanges between Spanish, Mexican and Latin American football.''

Slim already has 30% stakes in Pachuca and Leon in Mexico.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/wires/11/17/2080.ap.soc.real.oviedo.slim.2nd.ld.writethru.428/index.html#ixzz2CVSx6NjK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic