FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Real Oviedo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real Oviedo
    Posted: 29 May 2015 at 3:24am
Watched the game on Sunday. Club legend Diego Cervero with a massive equaliser. Away goals count in the playoffs and going to Cadiz needing to better a 1-1 will be tricky. 

As I said earlier in the thread, absolutely no harm in having an interest in clubs abroad. Me and the brother bought shares together to have an interest but now I look out for their results and watch the games on a Sunday if I'm around. Standing outside a LOI ground with a bucket isn't gonna generate exposure needed to save clubs. Its all down to club stature and catchment. 
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Sponsored Links

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Well said Bill. I'm sure there are plenty of clubs closer by that could do with people's money.

nothing stopping people from giving to more than one club.I would support most clubs with a few quid if it stops them going out of business.

Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 10:05pm
Well said Bill. I'm sure there are plenty of clubs closer by that could do with people's money.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
billyoung View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 9:31pm
Carlos slim?ffs he sounds like a character in the hustler..spend yer cash how u like fellas,good to see its not all bigtime clubs getting interest.been to see both almeria and recre in spain meself,but bohs are the true faith.personally would love to see more of the green army and epl lads getting involved with the loi,we could do with some new blood and enthusiasm in the league.
Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2015 at 8:26pm
Anyone else purchase shares in these

Buy 4 or more
And it gives you agm entitlement
Its very frustrating being a Slob
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2012 at 6:38pm
Carlos Slim has invested €2m into Real Oviedo. He is the new majority shareholder. Slim plans to use the club "to create synergies and exchanges between Spanish, Mexican and Latin American football.''

Slim already has 30% stakes in Pachuca and Leon in Mexico.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/soccer/wires/11/17/2080.ap.soc.real.oviedo.slim.2nd.ld.writethru.428/index.html#ixzz2CVSx6NjK
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 7:09am
Originally posted by da scientist da scientist wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

TO ANY PERSON ON YBIG THAT BOUGHT SHARES…. Up on the thick thread with ye!!

Ffs lads as Hitler said above, the league is on its knees and we have the jersey shore crew here buying shares in a club in Spain.

GUFC are crying out for money along with many other clubs in loi. GUFCT was selling tickets in Estonia last year for 50 bucks and I bought one because I know the man is genuine and has the loi at his heart.

Jesus wept!!  

Nice one Sci ,like it when your passion shines through Thumbs Up

f off with any tickets for the yacht club, i dont like water sports
Don't worry Sci next time I see yer I will have the full range of new sports wear for the RISSCW, sure seeing as you are a soft touch I will have you kitted out on no time Wink
Ohh Goodness only knows what Hornet will add to this Ouch

Edited by Claret Murph - 13 Nov 2012 at 7:10am
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:36pm

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 10:19pm
Good 1 nil victory over Real Madrid C this weekend!Hon the lads!
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 2:31pm
The LOI gets my money as well. Absolutely no harm in having an interest in another club. 

Im an avid LOI fan, pay my way as much as I can and have been through a club folding on me so don't make assumptions about me. Maybe if we were a little bit better at advertising/running the product we have here, people abroad may have heard about the plight of Mons, Galway, and may have saved my club (Dublin City).

The "shares" are only an interest FFS. 

"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2012 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Ffs lads as Hitler said above, the league is on its knees and we have the jersey shore crew here buying shares in a club in Spain.

GUFC are crying out for money along with many other clubs in loi. GUFCT was selling tickets in Estonia last year for 50 bucks and I bought one because I know the man is genuine and has the loi at his heart.

Jesus wept!!  

f off with any tickets for the yacht club, i dont like water sports
The main thing is not to panic
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 9:41am

Jesus wept!!  

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 4:25am

Jesus wept!!  

The main thing is not to panic
AlexLoxate View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlexLoxate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 3:19am
Always risky with shares, unless you buy 1 or 2 just to show solidarity.
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:21am
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

In May of this year Monaghan United appealed for funding so they could survive in the LOI, it wasn't forthcoming so less than six weeks later they withdrew from senior domestic football.

And that's terrible..

I doubt there has been many Oviedo shares sold in Ireland at all either, more than Monaghan because it has been so well advertised..

I personally know six people who jumped on the bandwagon buying from 1 to 10 shares.

Why?

It keeps a club in business
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

In May of this year Monaghan United appealed for funding so they could survive in the LOI, it wasn't forthcoming so less than six weeks later they withdrew from senior domestic football.

And that's terrible..

I doubt there has been many Oviedo shares sold in Ireland at all either, more than Monaghan because it has been so well advertised..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Sid Lowe obviously didn't think championing monaghans cause was as beneficial for his career as real oviedos cause

Why would he appeal for Monaghan? He almost certainly has never heard of them. On the other hand he supports Real Oviedo...
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 12:15am
Sid Lowe obviously didn't think championing monaghans cause was as beneficial for his career as real oviedos cause
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic