Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chris Hughton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 8:49am
And hasn't done abysmal at Brighton so what's your point ? No manager is going to be successful at every club with maybe the odd exception
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not a huge fan of his tbh, he did an abysmal job at Norwich.

11th in the premier in his first season and 5 points above the relegation zone with 5 games left when sacked, hardly abysmal for what's essentially a yo yo club.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:37am
The playoffs are a bit of a lottery as has been seen in previous years.

He was a gee hair away from automatic promotion. 46 games played and lose out by just 2 goals. Joint top scorers in the division.

Typical case of knocking your own.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

11th in the premier in his first season and 5 points above the relegation zone with 5 games left when sacked, hardly abysmal for what's essentially a yo yo club.

Exactly. No doubt Norwich fans wished Alex Neil had a similarly 'abysmal' season this year!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 10:52am

I imagine since he didn't play Wes every game and for every single minute some people don't like him (as stupid as that is).
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 11:15am
Quality coach no doubt about that

Feel he lacks the know it all in the big games (based on this season)
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

And hasn't done abysmal at Brighton so what's your point ? No manager is going to be successful at every club with maybe the odd exception

Spot on Den.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 7:44am
Chris been given a 4 year contract by Brighton.
Clap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 7:35am
Another cracking result for Chris yesterday Brighton up to eighth top.
Clap 

Gary Linker calling Chris a 'British' manager on Match of the Day.
Embarrassed
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 12:33pm
It is possible to be British and Irish and Chris may well see himself as such.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 10:58pm
Well done Chris keeping Brighton up.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:15am
Brilliant job by Hughton. Imagine how many jobs the media would link him with if he was one of those gobby managers who constantly went on about how great they are ala Allardyce or Pardew.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Everywhere reporting that they were kept up after last night, while very unlikely, Southampton can still finish a point above them as they've still 3 games to play.

Brighton still to play both City & Liverpool away too.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Everywhere reporting that they were kept up after last night, while very unlikely, Southampton can still finish a point above them as they've still 3 games to play.

One of Southampton's games is against Swansea so at least one of those two is dropping points. Hence Brighton are mathematically safe. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

One of Southampton's games is against Swansea so at least one of those two is dropping points. Hence Brighton are mathematically safe. 

No, theyre not LOL Thats my point. Theyre not mathematically safe just yet. While highly unlikely, if Southampton with their 3 remaining games and Brighton lose their 2 they could still be relegated.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 12:59pm
No they can’t be relegated because one of those games is against Swansea who can only finish on a maximum of 39 if they lost to Southampton Confused
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:20pm
I want to make her mathematically safe, take her up to where we're mathematically safe
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 1:22pm
Look at the table again. Brighton are on 40.

West Brom (28 points, 2 games to play) cannot overtake Brighton.
Stoke (33 points as it stands beating Palace, 1 game to play) cannot overtake Brighton.
With Swansea (33 points, 3 games to play) to play Southampton (32 points, 3 games to play), they cannot both overtake Brighton - as in, one of those two will finish on less than 40.

If Swansea win, Southampton can only get to 38. If Southampton win, Swansea can only get to 39. If it is a draw, Swansea can only get to 40 and Southampton to 39. Regardless, 40 points is enough to beat the lowest finisher of those two.

All that being the case, Brighton are mathematically safe. If three teams below are incapable of getting 40 points, which is the case, they're safe.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 05 May 2018 at 1:23pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic