You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Oasis Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I always feel that Be Here Now gets a bad rep. Love that album.
A very underrated album
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Two of their worst songs IMO are wonderwall and roll with it

Didn’t see Glastonbury but a lot on twitter were saying his voice was terrible 

He sounded ok I thought. Nowhere near the levels of the mid 90's but that is to be expected. My most hated Oasis song is Wonderwall. Roll With It was ok but should never have been a single. I have to admit I think Blur were a very good band as well. Individually as musicians far superior to Oasis but there was something about the Oasis sound and chemistry that took them to a different level. For me they were the best band of the 90's. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 9:54pm
Music for the masses is all they are.

I always thought a lot of Noel’s lyrics didn’t make sense or had two or three messages in songs which didn’t really merge into the one piece of writing. Rhythms and chords progressions pretty basic.. I bought into it all the same like the rest as it’s great music to sing along to with your mates. Always preferred Ocean Colour Scene at the time though. Thought they were great musicians and seriously underrated. Oasis always top them for the oul nostalgia though..
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 10:38pm
Masterplan is a cracking song.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I always feel that Be Here Now gets a bad rep. Love that album.

Very good but not as good as the 2 previous. 

Don't Go Away is an excellent song for example

Be Here Now, Don't Go Away,  Jesus he wasn't playing hard to get was he.  

Pretty Needy from Noel G.
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Music for the masses is all they are.

I always thought a lot of Noel’s lyrics didn’t make sense or had two or three messages in songs which didn’t really merge into the one piece of writing. Rhythms and chords progressions pretty basic.. I bought into it all the same like the rest as it’s great music to sing along to with your mates. Always preferred Ocean Colour Scene at the time though. Thought they were great musicians and seriously underrated. Oasis always top them for the oul nostalgia though..
OCS got an awful lot of stick at the time for being boring and somehow they got accused of playing music for dads when the whole Britpop scene was based on throwing away the electronic aspect from the eighties and Madchester and going back to the sound of the Britain in the late sixties. I think the only reason Oasis were more popular then, and now, is they were cooler. Nobody, even me, wants to watch an interview with Craddock or Fowler, but I would gladly watch the most ridiculous reality show known to man if they can get a Gallagher on for five minutes!
‘Moseley Shoals’ is the definitive Britpop album. The second mod revival and a brilliant pastiche of music that moderns liked. 
I guess if you had lived through that you might not have got the fuss, but even if you lived through northern soul and Weller you could still appreciate MS. I worked the other way around in that I watched ‘Quadrophenia’ because of MS.
Brilliant album, no matter how boring they come across! I think they are just more private, most of their best songs are about comedowns! 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2019 at 11:46pm
They had a lot of average, or downright sh*te songs, but when they were good, they were excellent. The versions of Slide Away by Noel are excellent. What a live band too. I've seen them and Blur, and Oasis were far better
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

They had a lot of average, or downright sh*te songs, but when they were good, they were excellent. The versions of Slide Away by Noel are excellent. What a live band too. I've seen them and Blur, and Oasis were far better
I absolutely love oasis but seen them 4 times and was never blown away by their shows (apart from the Pairc Ui Chaoimh gig which was probably just because it was my first gig)

Edited by Shedite - 02 Jul 2019 at 9:00am
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I absolutely love oasis but seen them 4 times and was never blown away by their shows (apart from the Pairc Ui Chaoimh gig which was probably just because it was my first gig)
was at that one as well,with the Prodigy. Top top gig
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 10:24am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

was at that one as well,with the Prodigy. Top top gig

Me three
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

‘Modern Life is Rubbish’ would be the album I would still listen to most between the two of them. It’s superb.
‘The Masterplan’ would be the only Oasis album I have listened to the whole way through in about ten years.
Serious album!love both bands but blur just edge it for me. Blurs favourite album of mine changes over time between about 5 of them. Oasis would just be the first two except from a mix of songs between the rest
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:24pm

Other than Noel the rest of the band were not good enough musicians and ad a resulr their performances were only ok.   NoelG id a great songwriter though and has written at least 5 classic songs.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:26pm
Noel Is sh*te now. No longer Rock and Rill and thinks he is some folk legend.

Cast were a great 90s band.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Noel Is sh*te now. No longer Rock and Rill and thinks he is some folk legend.

Cast were a great 90s band.

2 of his albums are better than anything oasis put out other than the first two and the b sides.  
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm

Have only seen the twice; first time at Witness in 2002, and at the Slane gig in '09. Was completely disappointed with the Witness gig but they were brilliant at Slane.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Saw Liam at Glastonbury. He sounded alright. Must be almost time for the band to get back together. You kind of forget how many classic songs they have until you try make a list!! 

My top 10 Oasis songs:

10) Some Might Say
9) Whatever
8) Live Forever
7) Bring it on Down
6) Acquiesce
5) Rock n Roll Star
4) The Masterplan
3) Don't Look Back in Anger
2) Morning Glory
1) Cigarettes and Alcohol

Honorable mentions: Champagne Supernova, Supersonic, Wonderwall, Slide Away, D'You know what I mean, All Around the World, Little by Little, The Importance of being Idle.

What a f**king band!!
Any of these in any f**king order pal 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Saw Liam at Glastonbury. He sounded alright. Must be almost time for the band to get back together. You kind of forget how many classic songs they have until you try make a list!! 

My top 10 Oasis songs:

10) Some Might Say
9) Whatever
8) Live Forever
7) Bring it on Down
6) Acquiesce
5) Rock n Roll Star
4) The Masterplan
3) Don't Look Back in Anger
2) Morning Glory
1) Cigarettes and Alcohol

Honorable mentions: Champagne Supernova, Supersonic, Wonderwall, Slide Away, D'You know what I mean, All Around the World, Little by Little, The Importance of being Idle.

What a f**king band!!
Any of these in any f**king order pal 

What a coincidence as ive started listening to them over the last few weeks again. As you say i forgot how many classic tunes they had. Think i might go and see Liam at the 3 arena in November.  Hard to pick a top ten. Love listening to Acquiesce and Dya know what i mean right now tho. Great tunes. Cant see them getting back together again tho. Couldnt believe Noel is 52 now.

Edited by doherty - 02 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 8:43pm
Hindu Times an under rated song I always thought
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic