You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Oasis Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:38pm
Sono I dont care about number 1s,

The gap was much closer than that stat shows.

In fact the argument could me made that they were better than oasis. Blur have a brilliant back catalogue
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Oasis 8 number ones back in the day, Blur had 2, never really liked Blur at all, oasis were a far superior band, rivalry wasn't even close.

In fairness more number one's doesn't mean they were better, unless you judge music based on popular choice.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:39pm

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

[QUOTE=drog addict]Blur we're better and still are.

Blur were quality , but imo not in the same league as Oasis.

Blur didn't even come close to Oasis.

Blur had far more better albums than oasis had. Oasis only had two, the first two and that's it. One or two mediocre Beatle rips offs on other albums. Damon Albarn (a sap in the highest order) was and still is a far superior song writer than those two Manchester knackers. Oasis were only cooler to the clowns out there who buy music with their eyes and not their ears if ya know what I mean.

I never bought music without using my ears ffs, who does this

[/QUOTE

The fookin kids out there. Have ya heard the sh*t they listen too. Video killed the radio star n'that.
Chips don't bounce
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Sono I dont care about number 1s,

The gap was much closer than that stat shows.

In fact the argument could me made that they were better than oasis. Blur have a brilliant back catalogue

Number ones actually mattered back in the day not like today's horse sh*t, how was the gap closer Rolo do tell.

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Oasis 8 number ones back in the day, Blur had 2, never really liked Blur at all, oasis were a far superior band, rivalry wasn't even close.

In fairness more number one's doesn't mean they were better, unless you judge music based on popular choice.

Point was the quality of their music was better in those times Trapped, if Blur had good songs to rival they would have done better but they didn't, suppose they weren't bothered

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:41pm
I think you've been listening to Father Damo too much Sono.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:43pm
Each to their own Trapped, just never liked Blur's music, been a long time fan of oasis since I was a kid and their music is still quality.

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm

Each to their own Trapped, just never liked Blur's music, been a long time fan of oasis since I was a kid and their music is still quality.

Keeping with the theme of this week I don't think it's an 'us' and 'them' situation. Oasis have a few good songs I like but Blur are superior imo.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:45pm

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Point was the quality of their music was better in those times Trapped, if Blur had good songs to rival they would have done better but they didn't, suppose they weren't bothered

When the blur v oasis rivalry was on oasis were better IMO but as rolo said blurs back catalogue is miles ahead better than oasis.
Chips don't bounce
ProfesserGreenPaul View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProfesserGreenPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:50pm
Jeese Blur v Oasis all over again, feels like i'm back in 95 again. Blur were a good band I bought a few of there records, had a few good songs, but then again so did The Verve and The Manics in the 90's.  But you can't really compare Oasis and Blur as rivals Blur were a big band like The Verve etc but Oasis are one of the biggest bands in the world in last 20 years. If Oasis reformed tomorrow would easily be biggest band in the world. I hate the way people mention Blur in same breath as OasisAngry
Trapnoclue wants to marry Paul Green
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:51pm
I don't even think you can compare Oasis to Blue as Oasis were on a different planet.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by ProfesserGreenPaul ProfesserGreenPaul wrote:

Jeese Blur v Oasis all over again, feels like i'm back in 95 again. Blur were a good band I bought a few of there records, had a few good songs, but then again so did The Verve and The Manics in the 90's.  But you can't really compare Oasis and Blur as rivals Blur were a big band like The Verve etc but Oasis are one of the biggest bands in the world in last 20 years. If Oasis reformed tomorrow would easily be biggest band in the world. I hate the way people mention Blur in same breath as OasisAngry

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:53pm

Great post Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 9:56pm

Talking out yer hoop there pal. Blur in the same sentence as the verve and the manics? Don't get me wrong I love the first two oasis albums, even have both singles box sets. But to be honest the rest if the sh*te they came out with bar one or two songs were complete below average muck. Maybe one of the biggest bands in the uk in twenty years cause the coonts over there are tone deaf but not the world.
Chips don't bounce
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I don't even think you can compare Oasis to Blue as Oasis were on a different planet.

I'll give u that.
Hated Blue
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:02pm
supersonic, what a cracking song, one of the first songs i learned on guitar

bring it on down, remember they started a gig in the point with this one night and it was just mayhem, actually started with about 5 songs of definatley maybe that night, cracking album

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:06pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2012 at 10:07pm
Anyway regardless Radiohead have a better back catalogue than the lot of them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic