You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Oasis Songs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Oasis Songs
    Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

f**king in the bushes in underrated

Do you mean the oasis album or just in general 
AKA pedantic kunt
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Was going to be hard to top Definitely Maybe & Whats the story morning glory. Do like The Masterplan album as well. 

Be here now is a great album too
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:51am
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Was going to be hard to top Definitely Maybe & Whats the story morning glory. Do like The Masterplan album as well. 

Shock of the Lightening was a return to what I would call the proper Oasis sound.

Hated The Importance of Being Idle etc..
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:36am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 11:19am
That song Take Me from 1992 is actually a good song. Better than a lot of the rubbish they wrote 2000 onwards.  Should have recorded it.

Oasis started going off the rails a little when Be Here now was released but by Don't Believe the Truth they were finished imo.  Noel became a twat and made the sound of oasis crap.  That lad Germ Archer didn't fit into what Oasis was imo.

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 7:46am
First 4 pages of this thread is the like the 90s over again. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

What’s the story morning glory released 25 years ago today 😮

Bought it for xmas 1995.  25 yrs agoShockedWacko

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:47pm
What’s the story morning glory released 25 years ago today 😮

Edited by BabbsBalls - 13 Oct 2020 at 10:48pm
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:27am
Was never aware of that tbh. Just did a quick search and saw an article from the Guardian in 2013 which stated that to date, he had earned 1 million in royalties from it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

'Hello', they played it there one day at Tynecastle, real soccer song.

It's a great tune to open a gig with it Clap

Surely not such a favourite now, seeing as it uses part of a Gary Glitter song?

It's Better People.  An obscure b-side but my favourite Oasis song, good for running.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

'Hello', they played it there one day at Tynecastle, real soccer song.

It's a great tune to open a gig with it Clap

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 4:25pm
Definitely 'Turn up the Sun'
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would agree with that. I love Oasis when I am drinking, but not sure I could listen to a full album now. There's a few Blur albums that I still listen to reasonably regularly. I'm listening to 'Leisure' now and enjoying it, even though it has been a while. 'Sing' is probably my favourite Blur song.

Listened to that album earlier, myself find it really underrated. The band don't seem to particularly like it themselves but some very strong songs on it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Would agree with that. I love Oasis when I am drinking, but not sure I could listen to a full album now. There's a few Blur albums that I still listen to reasonably regularly. I'm listening to 'Leisure' now and enjoying it, even though it has been a while. 'Sing' is probably my favourite Blur song.

Listened to it recently again and I love in Trainspotting how it gradually builds into the end of the baby death scene and it gets louder and louder in the scene when they're running down Princes Street from the shop security guards.  

One of Blur's best songs alright. Clap 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Both great bands imo. Oasis are great to listen to on a night out or getting ready for a night out. Would rarely listen to them on a normal day. Some fantastic sing along anthems and their more mellow stuff is class by and large. They do have a fair bit of filler throughout their career tbf like most bands. People seem to dismiss Blur without giving them a proper listen. Absolutely fantastic back catalog, not just the more popular songs. Mightn't have had as many anthems as Oasis but the quality and variation of their music makes me keep coming back to them. Both were class anyway. Someone said how bad Noel's modern stuff is. I quite liked his first album. Liam knows the formula that works for him now, his solo stuff is off the same template as Oasis. Doing something different didn't work with Beady Eye. He knows what works anyway and is battering away successfully with it

Spot on. 

I love both bands but Blur's music is a lot more varied and technically superior than Oasis's. Oasis made a bigger impact though on the music scene. Blur were around longer but never exploded onto the music scene the way Oasis did. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 3:31pm

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 2:54pm
Both great bands imo. Oasis are great to listen to on a night out or getting ready for a night out. Would rarely listen to them on a normal day. Some fantastic sing along anthems and their more mellow stuff is class by and large. They do have a fair bit of filler throughout their career tbf like most bands. People seem to dismiss Blur without giving them a proper listen. Absolutely fantastic back catalog, not just the more popular songs. Mightn't have had as many anthems as Oasis but the quality and variation of their music makes me keep coming back to them. Both were class anyway. Someone said how bad Noel's modern stuff is. I quite liked his first album. Liam knows the formula that works for him now, his solo stuff is off the same template as Oasis. Doing something different didn't work with Beady Eye. He knows what works anyway and is battering away successfully with it
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:34pm
You might have heard of them, some people really liked them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic