You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burnley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 104>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Leeds keeper Bailey Peacock Farrell has signed  for Burnley. I can hear the howls of derision from here from CM! Wink

Is that not a good bit of business?

Get rid of Heaton, a 33 y.o. back-up gk and sign a 22 y.o to replace him, for a net profit of c.£5m.

Assuming Pope is over his injury problems, then they can get rid of Hart, too, just as soon as s.o. will meet his wage demands.
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Leeds keeper Bailey Peacock Farrell has signed  for Burnley. I can hear the howls of derision from here from CM! Wink

Get rid of Heaton, a 33 y.o. back-up gk and sign a 22 y.o to replace him, for a net profit of c.£5m.

Assuming Pope is over his injury problems, then they can get rid of Hart, too, just as soon as s.o. will meet his wage demands.
It was CMs anti Leeds views I was getting at!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 5:59pm

It was CMs anti Leeds views I was getting at!

Ah, gotcha.

Though he can take comfort from the fact that even though it wasn't a huge fee, BP-F's sale is yet more evidence of Leeds' financial struggles, after 'gambling the farm' on Bielsa getting them promoted last season.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 6:36pm

A lot of Leeds fans are delighted to see the back of him.

Looked poor anytime I watched him for Leeds.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:42am
The only problem i see is how to you get his name on the the back of the shirt , maybe BPF  is the way to go . Now DM i have no problems taking players from Weeds ,
 sorry Leeds, Taylor and Woods spring to mind . But the only problem i have with Leeds is that they are living on past glories and like Newcastle are fecking shi*e, now with over 1 million people live in their cities and are 2nd rate .
Not going to talk about Blackbum Baby Big smile

Come on DM you have to agree with me Thumbs Up

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 6:43am
I do indeed agree with you there are some deluded Leeds fans about no offence intended to their fans on here. There's a couple of them I know well and they still see Man U as their main rival FFS.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 8:21am
Best opening day win for 53 years for Burnley yesterday hopefully it will prove to be a better start to the campaign than last season.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
Yep good win i must say , now very even in the first half but once we scored they fell apart at the back and we could have had more . Lost the stream a couple of times which is always the case this early in the season but we are up and running .
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:30pm
Won't be long before Dyche's sordid secrets come to light. Then it's over to TJ's chopping board
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 12:33pm
Any chance of Kevin Long breaking in? Should he not look to get a loan?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Won't be long before Dyche's sordid secrets come to light. Then it's over to TJ's chopping board
Dyche is a cracking manager.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:12am
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Any chance of Kevin Long breaking in? Should he not look to get a loan?
Hard to move Mee and Tarks really out of that side , now with Gibson and Long it's just a waiting game . Hey Long is the longest serving player at the club , some close to 10 years or so .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:18pm
Reports saying that Sean Dyche is going to be at the FAI cup final to watch Jack Byrne and Sean Gannon.

Edited by Double Maxim - 07 Oct 2019 at 9:18pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2019 at 9:35pm
Im not sure either would get many minutes in the PL. Im sure they would take the chance if given the oppurtunity though.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:10pm
Would be a terrible move for Byrne IMO.

I'd be very surprised if Gannon could cut it at premier league level. A very good player, but not PL standard.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 2:21pm
Would Byrne do well in Burnley's set up? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:43am
@CM what did you think of Kyle Lafferty when he was a Burnley player?
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:35am

@CM what did you think of Kyle Lafferty when he was a Burnley player?
Jezzzz just wrote what i think about him and it disapeared .
Look very good at 17 and had a bright future ahead of him .
Today would not go near him if he signed for any club
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 104>
  Share Topic