You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Catholic Church thread - Jayzus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Catholic Church thread - Jayzus
    Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:05pm
Fuppin hell Confused

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/fury-as-woman-outlines-abortion-at-mass-210541.html

Fury as woman outlines abortion at Mass

By Claire O’Sullivan

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A priest has sparked controversy after he arranged for a woman to give a graphic account of her abortion at a children’s Mass and outline how she believed her special needs child was a punishment from God.

The speech was made in front of up to 100 children at the Church of Our Lady Conceived Without Sin in Mitchelstown, Co Cork. It coincided with the issuing of a pastoral letter by the Catholic Bishops of Ireland on abortion.

Parish priest Fr Michael Fitzgerald did not seek permission from the apostolic administrator of the diocese, Archbishop Dermot Clifford, to allow the woman to take to the pulpit.

Last night, the archbishop said he was "unhappy this speech took place". He contacted Fr Fitzgerald about the guest speaker this week after he received complaints from parishioners who were disgusted the speech was made in front of children and that a special needs child was described as "punishment from God".

Many of the parishioners were parents and relatives of children with special needs.

Fr Fitzgerald said he believed "the woman’s comments around her special needs child were misinterpreted". He defended his actions but said allowing her to speak at Mass "was possibly bad judgment".

"I did not know what hurt it would cause," said Fr Fitzgerald. "I was contacted by an organisation who said they had a woman who could speak of her experience.

"At the time, I thought this is a story that not a lot of people get to hear. I knew the woman’s story but I did not know what hurt it would cause. She explained to the congregation that it was the guilt inside of her that made her feel like that. She was hurt at the time. She had not yet healed after the abortion.

"A central theme of her address was that all human life is sacred, that all children are precious and should be equally cherished and supported. It is a matter of regret that a small number of people were upset at some aspects of the lady’s address, especially as they related to children with special needs. I can assure you that was never intended."

The woman gave her talk at several Masses last Sunday. There were children with special needs in the various congregations.

The woman, who lives in the Cork area, was a representative of the Rachel’s Vineyard organisation. Set up in the US by the pro-life Priests for Life organisation, Rachel’s Vineyard provides counselling and retreats to women who have had abortions. An Irish representative for the group said it "too believed the comments were misinterpreted".

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:11pm
Unbelievable. Wacko As I've said before the sooner the plague in this country that is the catholic church is gotten rid of the better. 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
IrishPride View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishPride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:16pm
Hahahah Such Jokers LOLWacko
Galway Will Win The 2014 Hurling Championship
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Unbelievable. Wacko As I've said before the sooner the plague in this country that is the catholic church is gotten rid of the better. 

ClapClapClap

Clap
cm79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Cawhil cattle caaaaal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cm79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:27pm
Thats a f**king disgrace Angry

What sort of f**king clowns are they???
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by cm79 cm79 wrote:

Thats a f**king disgrace Angry

What sort of f**king clowns are they???
that would be an ecumenical matter father.." ..Drink.!!
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 10:16pm
Load of fookers should look at themselves before they trying to mind everyone else's business
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 1:42pm
http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/06/archbishop-claims-he-wasnt-sure-it-was-illegal-for-priests-to-have-sex-with-children/

I thought this was a Waterford Whisperer story first. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 1:46pm
Unbelievable.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 2:39pm
What an absolute cun t Angry
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 2:47pm
Speechless.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by theheff1989 theheff1989 wrote:

Speechless.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:11pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 3:47pm
I think he should be rode up the Willy Wonka Way with a fire extinguisher while told it is perfectly normal.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 12:56pm
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/25/irish-cardinal-admits-inquiries-into-child-rapist-priest-were-only-to-protect-church

Despicable

They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 1:25pm
It really is a vile organisation. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 3:25pm
Scum, subhuman scum
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2015 at 3:27pm
Disgusting reading. The church should be f*cked out of this country once and for all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 19>
  Share Topic